If McDermott doesn't start Barkley against Jacksonville he should be Fired

Kevin1778

17 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

We have a quarterback folks. Sure the Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now but Barkley throws the ball down the field and is light years ahead of Allen. 

Barkley

Allen

Thomas (Emergency)

No need for Anderson or Peterman.

You need to stop being so annoying....you're all  over the place and just like starting crap like this

17 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

We have a quarterback folks. Sure the Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now but Barkley throws the ball down the field and is light years ahead of Allen. 

Barkley

Allen

Thomas (Emergency)

I posted this in another thread, probably should have posted it here.  But yeah i pretty much agree, at least for the Jax game.

Regarding Barkley, it's not being talked about how (i think) he purposely under-threw some deep balls.  It gave the WR's a perfect chance to track the ball, stop, and outleap the defender.  Brady does this alot and I hope Allen can learn something from that.   I'd keep Barkley as the starter at least for the Jacksonville game.  The last two home games were stinkers.  Give the O a chance to keep it going.  It's inevitable that Barkley will falter and have a bad game or half.  At that point transition over to Josh Allen for the remainder of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's as drastic as McD needs to be fired. It's not an easy call due to Josh Allen needing to play to get better. In short, Barkley did what we hoped Derek Anderson could have done a few weeks ago: be good enough to help the Defense. But, once Allen started any game, this became the season to establish next season. Allen's development is the key to this franchise and him playing only facilitates that development and therefore, sets the course for the franchise for the next three years without question and either for better or worse, arguably the next 10 years. In short: if Allen is 100% healthy, and ONLY if he is 100% healthy, Josh Allen should start against Jax and every game thereafter. JMO.

The OP wanted the Bills to start Peterman yesterday claiming Barkley wouldn't last one half due to the knee injury suffered in preseason.  Now after one good game by Barkley he wants the coach fired if he doesn't start him over the Allen.   Such illogic is rather uncommon even here on TSW.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

Barkley

Allen

Thomas (Emergency)

Wow....  just wow.

18 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

What’s the purpose of starting Barkley over Allen?

They are 3 and 7.

Let Allen start the remaining 6 games and get him more experience going into next year

In case you missed it, he explained the purpose he sees in starting Barkley over Allen. Just read and you might understand where he's coming from. I am pasting what he explained below. Again, just read a little.

Barkley is better than Allen at this point.Let allen watch a QB who knows at least the basics of the game----How to throw a short pass with proper timing...how to throw without getting your receivers killed...how to move his feet and not look like a wooden indian...and doesnt lock in forever on the primary.Allen will have his time. Up til today all Allen got to see was crap. Let him watch a real QB for a while.