The Quarterback Position Going Forward

TigerJ

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Barkley had a fantastic game today, hats off to him, and he deserves huge kudos.

But he also showed that he still has the rag arm and he cannot have continued success in this league, which was the reason he was out of it. He should never be considered a possible starter. He can do what he did today, sometimes, by being smart and accurate and having everything go well for him. But don't mistake this game for Barkley being good. He's not. 

Bingo. In the predictions thread I gave a nod to the billsy outcome being Barkley looks good, everyone goes Gaga for him and suddenly we find ourselves picking 11th while Barkley is still not actually a player.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Bingo. In the predictions thread I gave a nod to the billsy outcome being Barkley looks good, everyone goes Gaga for him and suddenly we find ourselves picking 11th while Barkley is still not actually a player.

The rag arm was on full display all game. He's Peterman 1.0 but with slightly better rag arm and smarter, which allows him to have games like this. But this is not who he is, this is the good Barkley. 80% of the time he's the Bad Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

If he really wanted to keep Peterman he could just stick him on the practice squad.  Personally I hope they just let him go period

I know you are being smarty but there isn't a chance in hell they would risk Allen on the practice squad.

Peterman will make the practice squad as McD can't seem to let him go...

Barkley had a fantastic game today, hats off to him, and he deserves huge kudos.

But he also showed that he still has the rag arm and he cannot have continued success in this league, which was the reason he was out of it. He should never be considered a possible starter. He can do what he did today, sometimes, by being smart and accurate and having everything go well for him. But don't mistake this game for Barkley being good. He's not. 

Even knowing that this was probably as good as it gets for Barkley I'd still rather him start the rest of the season over Allen. The Jags still have a top defense it's just this year they are 30th in the takeaway category -11. Whereas Cleveland is #1 in that stat with +11.

What is sorta crazy is that when the Bills win they have an effective run game. Against the Jets 46 rushing attempts, a 4.6 YPC average. Only 4 penalties for 43 yards.

The thing is this team is 3-7 and gets blown out in most losses with no run game and the QB under constant duress, the line can't block and nobody can catch in those losses. 

I just don't trust this O line to protect Allen and he still needs time to develop.

Allen or Barkley starting after the bye im fine......just rip off the bandaid and for all that is holy and good please just get rid of Peterman....Anderson could follow him out the door........we got Mr. Logan Thomas as # 3!!!  that was a nifty throw he made today no?

I would keep Allen, Barkley and Anderson on the roster.   Barkley has earned at least a chance to prove himself as the Bills  backup after today.   It would be easy to say cut Anderson based on the two games that he played this year, but  I think that it would be smart to keep him too.  My reasoning is that he does have good previous experience as a veteran backup and would be good for a mentoring/coaching  role  to Allen.   He would also provide Buffalo with an option who is already on the team if Allen or Barkley are injured later in the season.    No more Peterman and no more of this street free agent stuff anymore please. 

Edited by dgrochester55

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

let anderson go back to golf and carry the 3 for the rest of the way. i gotta say i am surprised and was wrong about a few things. great game.

Anderson is better than Peterman, and he can serve a mentor role for Allen. Peterman offers nothing except a better 2019 draft position.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Barkley

Allen

Anderson

By Nate.  Nic guy, but not an NFL QB.  I wouldn’t even put him on the PS.  We have a week off so Anderson will be ok.  If Barkley falters, then you go back to Allen.

Pointless to have Barkley play... Allen starts.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

If he really wanted to keep Peterman he could just stick him on the practice squad.  Personally I hope they just let him go period

I know you are being smarty but there isn't a chance in hell they would risk Allen on the practice squad.

Because he will never make it there, for one.....

He tossed a few floaters today where we got lucky. Far closer to Peterman than Allen, but wildly refreshing! 

18 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Barkley has earned another start. Allen will get in when they are mathematically out if it. Not z big deal to wait.

Allen's development with actual game experience is far more important than playing a potential long term backup QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1