The Quarterback Position Going Forward

TigerJ

Just now, I am the egg man said:

If it were up to the players, Barkley be starting next game.

What are you on the sideline asking them?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

both cut I say.

I get that but it's not like the main reason Anderson was brought was to play.

I think Peterman saw his last game in a Bills helmet today...he is savoring it looking like little Timmy on the sideline wearing it all game...you know that one kid on the team thst sucked so bad but always was ready to get into his first play of the year even in his 10th game...

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Looks like #1 and #2 QB is set.  Next issue. 

These guys can source talent.  Isaiah who?  freakin' guy can play.   Barkley?  Well, yeah right, that's right, he's pretty talented guy. 

Can't wait for FA and the draft. 

Trust the Process. 

You think that QB talent they sourced arrived a bit late?

5 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Play Barkley at least until he loses.

As far as I'm concerned we keep playing the best Quarterback, hot hand or whatever, if Allen never surpasses Barkley then it is what it is.

Allen doesn't put up this stat line against the Jets from what I've seen. 

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

...and you know this how?

Cause if I were a player I'd be pretty damned inspired

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Barkley had a fantastic game today, hats off to him, and he deserves huge kudos.

But he also showed that he still has the rag arm and he cannot have continued success in this league, which was the reason he was out of it. He should never be considered a possible starter. He can do what he did today, sometimes, by being smart and accurate and having everything go well for him. But don't mistake this game for Barkley being good. He's not. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

...and you know this how?

Again, common sense. The players want to win now. Barkley, while far from stellar, played better than anyone in a Bills uniform playing QB this year.

They saw that today. They could care less about the Josh Allen experiment or about his future. That's not being selfish on their part.

Barkley gummed up the works a bit by playing better than anyone would have guessed, except McClappy, of course.

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

You think that QB talent they sourced arrived a bit late?

nah.  Not really, they worked extremely hard and smartly to get Allen, they got McCarron, but he really wasn't very good ; Barkley was tied up with Bengals all preseason; got hurt late in preseason, only available and healthy recently.   Teddy Bridge simply must not be right or he'd be on the field.   Nate P.  somewhat a victim of a rebuilding O Line/his own limitations.   QB seems such a crapshoot of timing and QB confidence and O Line competence.    They will get there.   Trust it.   This was a perfect game for them to lay down pre-bye week and what happened, they went out and crushed the Jets.   They are constantly working to strengthen the roster.  They know what they need, like a speed guy and they work on it , cut Gaines, sign McKenzie.  I like it.  

and So smart to keep Teller out until now.   What a freakin' beast that guy will be.   That is just good drafting and growing a guy with a process in mind.  yeah left guard sucked until now, but so what, you may have grown yourself a solid left guard for the next 3-4 years. 

So glad Allen has been watching for a few weeks.  This can only be good.  The team looks better now; time to put him back in.  All good. 

Let McBeanes do their job. 

Edited by ProcessTruster

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Barkley

Allen

Anderson

By Nate.  Nic guy, but not an NFL QB.  I wouldn’t even put him on the PS.  We have a week off so Anderson will be ok.  If Barkley falters, then you go back to Allen.

Disagree respectfully. Allen starts for the rest of the year. Keep Barkley as the backup. Need to see what Allen has before the draft. We know Barkley is serviceable. Lets see if our kingpin starts to blossom into a real NFL starter. 

• Like (+1) 1