The Quarterback Position Going Forward

TigerJ

On 11/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, I am the egg man said:

If it were up to the players, Barkley be starting next game.

And you know this how?

On 11/11/2018 at 4:32 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Because you play to win. When, and if, Barkley plays poorly, then you let Allen play again. You’ll get ZERO push back from the locker and YOU don’t get a vote!

You think this team is making the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The team actually was winning some games with Allen.....its not Peterman we are talking about here

That is not a reason

Myself I am conflicted because I can see both sides of this....but if they go with Allen I can totally see that side of it

I agree that it’s not totally clear that Barkley gives them the best chance to win, but they were having a lot of fun on Sunday and it’s hard to believe they wouldn’t want to see Barkley out there at least one more week.  I mean, Jones and Foster practically doubled their season output in one afternoon.  

There is a saying in sports: You go with the hot hand.  At this point, Allen hasn’t done enough to override that.

Edited by mannc

On 11/11/2018 at 5:06 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen is not going anywhere and there is no rush to say that. What if Barkley just plays well and never lets up? You never know where your qb is going to come from. It doesn’t matter how you get here. It matters how you play when you are here

Allen will start. The Bills are out of contention for the most part. Now you develop your franchise player and hope the line and receivers keep improving. If the line and receivers didn't play as well as they did, Barkley would have gotten flushed out of the pocket, or knocked around, or intercepted, or seen a rash of dropped balls. Then the run game would go to ***** and the linemen would get a ton of penalties . Part for the course.

The team had one of those games where everything clicked. Kind of like the Minnesota game.  Barkley could be a pretty good backup, but history tells us this game was not the norm. Barkley had started for better teams than this and didn't fare well. The hope is Allen learned enough sitting that he will improve. Having the team play as well under Allen as they did for Barkley will help ensure that. I am not trying to take anything away from Barkley, but he is not the answer. This year is screwed, so find out which players are going to be back next year and who won't while getting Allen experience. Plus let the cards fall where they will and get good draft picks.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:47 PM, mannc said:

As strange as it may seem, the Bills are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. The remaining schedule is easy and the team now seems to have some life.  Until they are mathematically eliminated, this season is about winning as many games as possible.

With patriots on the schedule and in the division consider 2-7 mathematically eliminated 

allen plays.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

With patriots on the schedule and in the division consider 2-7 mathematically eliminated 

allen plays.

3-7.  With the league’s easiest schedule the rest of the way.  Not eliminated.  8-8 might even get in this year.

12 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree that it’s not totally clear that Barkley gives them the best chance to win, but they were having a lot of fun on Sunday and it’s hard to believe they wouldn’t want to see Barkley out there at least one more week.  I mean, Jones and Foster practically doubled their season output in one afternoon.  

There is a saying in sports: You go with the hot hand.  At this point, Allen hasn’t done enough to override that.

If you are trying to win