The Quarterback Position Going Forward

TigerJ

The Bills have 4 QBs on the roster.  Obviously, that's not going to continue through the rest of the season.  It's clear that the Bills will proceed in the near term as if Josh Allen is the franchise QB of the future.  Whether or not the Bills are right in that assessment, IMO is a topic for other threads (of which there are many).  It is also pretty clear that Matt Barkley has earned some time on the roster, based on the Bills' success against the Jets.  So, who gets cut?  Will the Bills keep three QB?.  Will they decide two are enough?  Obviously, Peterman is the odds on favorite.  Some have argued that the Bills have kept Peterman when it was obvious he should have been cut long ago.  Does anybody think McDermott's (irrational?) loyalty to Peterman will continue?   How much does Anderson have left in the tank?  It's been argued that Anderson will be a great mentor for Josh Allen, but Barkley has been in the league for several years now.  Couldn't he serve as a mentor?  How many think Peterman has enough upside to keep as a third QB?  Let's solve the Bills' QB problem for them.

Edited by TigerJ

If he really wanted to keep Peterman he could just stick him on the practice squad.  Personally I hope they just let him go period

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

1. Barkley-starter

2. Anderson-backup

3. Allen-PS

4. Peterman-beerman

that McBeane is pretty crafty........:thumbsup:

I know you are being smarty but there isn't a chance in hell they would risk Allen on the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If he really wanted to keep Peterman he could just stick him on the practice squad.  Personally I hope they just let him go period

I know you are being smarty but there isn't a chance in hell they would risk Allen on the practice squad.

Yeah, that's a no brainer.

6 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills have 4 QBs on the roster.  Obviously, that's not going to continue through the rest of the season.  It's clear that the Bills will proceed in the near term as if Josh Allen is the franchise QB of the future.  Whether or not the Bills are right in that assessment, IMO is a topic for other threads (of which there are many).  It is also pretty clear that Matt Barkley has earned some time on the roster, based on the Bills' success against the Jets.  So, who gets cut?  Will the Bills keep three QB?.  Will they decide two are enough?  Obviously, Peterman is the odds on favorite.  Some have argued that the Bills have kept Peterman when it was obvious he should have been cut long ago.  Does anybody think McDermott's (irrational?) loyalty to Peterman will continue?   How much does Anderson have left in the tank?  It's been argued that Anderson will be a great mentor for Josh Allen, but Barkley has been in the league for several years now.  Couldn't he serve as a mentor?  How many think Peterman has enough upside to keep as a third QB?  Let's solve the Bills' QB problem for them.

let anderson go back to golf and carry the 3 for the rest of the way. i gotta say i am surprised and was wrong about a few things. great game.

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

..LOL...HINT bro: sarcasm..........hell I'm having a hard enough time digesting "Big Valley" Barkley at the helm.........elevating my "senior moments" AND "bourbon consumption..:thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Allen

Barkley

Anderson

That order

My wife and I were discussing this earlier also.

I wondered if you cut Peterman and place Anderson on IR - so he can still help, but no chance he gets on the field.

That would be ideal for me - 

Allen

Barkley

Anderson - IR

Peterman - cut (maybe PS or find a PS candidate just in case)

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Logical order.

Anderson is hot garbage. Peterman has such a weak arm, I had bigger hope for him but his arm is like a girls and I dont think he ever lifts weights on that side of his body.

It's very nice to see two strong armed QBs in Bark and Allen, I am so glad the Bill's brought Bark in I wanted him here a while ago.

IMO Bill's need to bring in a late round kid next year with a strong arm to sit and learn behind Bark and Allen.

Edited by xRUSHx