LAMP: .DC Stuff

plenzmd1

At a charity event last night, friend and I bid on and won some cool stuff 

1) A day @ The Capital. Some big wig lobbyist is our guide/donor.Going behind the scenes for a private tour of the Capital, meet both our Senators( if possible) and have lunch with Spanberger!!! The lobbyist  was there and said if anything cool going on she will make sure we get access....sounds like an awesome day

2) The next day we will have a private/behind the scenes tour of Mt Vernon led by Cathy Gillespie, and then a private lunch with Ed and Cathy Gillespie at Mount Vernon!!! 

I am pretty excited.. I have never even been in the Capital..know Abigail a bit but this will be cool to have lunch with her after her win. Then the next day Gillespie has to have some great stories and he seems like a good dude too. Hopefully, we can have a few pops and get even better stories !!! He looks like he ain't afraid to hoist a Manhattan or two at lunch

• Like (+1) 1

You've probably already done so, but if you have time,  go just across the street and visit the Library of Congress, and Jefferson's library display there.

If you're a Shakespeare fan, the Folger Museum is across the street also and you can go in the reading room and look at almost 500 year old folios. They actually let you touch them.

I was there last weekend.

I'm always impressed with the many things to see along the Mall.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

You've probably already done so, but if you have time,  go just across the street and visit the Library of Congress, and Jefferson's library display there.

If you're a Shakespeare fan, the Folger Museum is across the street also and you can go in the reading room and look at almost 500 year old folios. They actually let you touch them.

I was there last weekend.

I'm always impressed with the many things to see along the Mall.

hey Sherpa,

I actually have a place in the District and spend a lot of time there...not going to Capital kinda like not going on the Maid of the Mist growing up in the Falls. First time I went was close to 40 years old!