Le'Veon Bell Will Sit Out for the Entire 2018 Season

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, eanyills said:

I can’t wait until he doesn’t get anywhere near what he thinks he’s going to.

you're probably right. What team would want this cancer on their team . RBs are a dime a dozen, does he really think he's going to get more than 15 mil ?? He screwed himself and it could be possible no one will give him big money.

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

My league mates picked team names centered around our first-round draft picks. Examples: "Mean Gurleys," "Lights, Kamara, Action!"

I called mine "Le'Veon Smells."  :bag:

sounds about right lol

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would transition him, sitting out another year will do irreparable damage to his career and his earnings which is what he deserves.

The owners can't let the NFL turn into the NBA were the players run the teams.

good point, hopefully no one gives him what he wants, these players are getting out of control with their demands. This is a team sport and it's hard to have a good team if a few guys are hogging all the money.

their really needs to be a position cap so you are not spending 30 million a year on a QB.

The cap keeps going up and it's gotta go to somebody. If you're the best in class at what you do, you should be paid accordingly. Unless theyre going to start reducing ticket/NFL Sunday ticket costs, I don't see the cap falling anytime soon. I think they need to raise the rookie minimum wage so that if you get drafted at all, you have just about enough money for the rest of your life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Tell that to Earl Thomas.

I hope we go after him hard next year. Assuming JA can figure out how to play football, and we can completely revamp the O-line, and get one legit WR, we'd be serious contenders if our D can stay on par.  What's pretty crazy considering how bad the Bills are, is that our window with this current core (White, Hughes, Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Milano, JA) is already on a clock. In another 3 years some of these guys will be gone, or their salaries will be so inflated that it's going to cause problems elsewhere. If this staff is at all serious about winning, they need to do whatever they can to put together a run next season. That means loading up with offense that's ready to contribute day 1, not day 2 rookies.

There is no way in Hell , this regime is going after this clown nor should they. James Connor and most other backs have proven you can find them anywhere. The only player I would go after in this situation is a QB and I still wouldn't feel good about it.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would transition him, sitting out another year will do irreparable damage to his career and his earnings which is what he deserves.

good point, hopefully no one gives him what he wants, these players are getting out of control with their demands. This is a team sport and it's hard to have a good team if a few guys are hogging all the money.

their really needs to be a position cap so you are not spending 30 million a year on a QB.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

There is no way in Hell , this regime is going after this clown nor should they. James Connor and most other backs have proven you can find them anywhere. The only player I would go after in this situation is a QB and I still wouldn't feel good about it.

Yea, because they're incompetent. You need game breaking players, and several of them to win in this league. I get it, he's a clown because he's protecting his career. Keep stumping for the owners and maybe they'll give you some table scraps.

What do you think about Bosa quitting school to save himself for the draft?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The cap keeps going up and it's gotta go to somebody. If you're the best in class at what you do, you should be paid accordingly. Unless theyre going to start reducing ticket/NFL Sunday ticket costs, I don't see the cap falling anytime soon. I think they need to raise the rookie minimum wage so that if you get drafted at all, you have just about enough money for the rest of your life.

the NFL is not free market capitalism. There is a cap and if you overlay a few guys the rest of your players are not going to be good enough to do any real winning. There is a reason Brady doesn't maximize his earnings , he wants to win and knows that money is needed elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

the NFL is not free market capitalism. There is a cap and if you overlay a few guys the rest of your players are not going to be good enough to do any real winning. There is a reason Brady doesn't maximize his earnings , he wants to win and knows that money is needed elsewhere.

Brady has $217 million in career earnings so far. Le'veon bell has $16 million. You couldn't have used a worse example.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yea, because they're incompetent. You need game breaking players, and several of them to win in this league. I get it, he's a clown because he's protecting his career. Keep stumping for the owners and maybe they'll give you some table scraps.

What do you think about Bosa quitting school to save himself for the draft?

Bosa and bell are not even the same situation. Bosa is going to another league so it really doesn't matter what he does to his college team. If he pulled this crap in the NFL he would deserve the same treatment.

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Brady has $217 million in career earnings so far. Le'veon bell has $16 million. You couldn't have used a worse example.

Really ?? How many times has Brady NOT gotten all the money. Try again.

And his career earnings over 19 years is just north of 10 mill a year, sounds about right, to me.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't get all the anger towards Bell, especially on this board. If you were a Pittsburgh fan I could understand the frustration.

It's his life, he thinks he's worth more. He's risking it all. Is it jealousy?

No, it's him ruining the league, do you really want star players doing this and demanding trades and so forth. The last thing the NFL needs is to become the NBA.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't get all the anger towards Bell, especially on this board. If you were a Pittsburgh fan I could understand the frustration.

It's his life, he thinks he's worth more. He's risking it all. Is it jealousy?

I'm thinking it might be something else.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No, it's him ruining the league, do you really want star players doing this and demanding trades and so forth. The last thing the NFL needs is to become the NBA.

Players demand trades in hockey and baseball too. Why isn't that a problem?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He would just sit out again. They are better off just letting him walk rather than dealing with the headache.

I look at this list and just wonder.....What in the Holy Hell did Jimmy Garoppolo do to earn that kind of contract?!

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Football is completely different than the NBA. Le'veon is great, but Conner has stepped right in and played great. It's 1 player on one side of the ball. It's not 1 of 5 players who can potentially play the whole game. They also have no guaranteed contracts. That's an awful comparison.

Stars come and go in the NFL way quicker, and outside of being a QB. Their power is also diluted in the NFL.

This isn't an NFL becoming the NBA thing. If that is what you genuinely think, you're the first person I've ever heard with that opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

Thats because LB is NOT what makes the steelers offense great, its been great year after year after year ever since they drafted Ben Roethlisberger.

RBs are not that valuable overall and LB will not get whatever ridiculous amount of money he was demanding, if he does it will be to the detriment of wherever he signs with and he will not be as good without a future HOF QB

Edited by BillsFan692

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That would be dumb as hell from the team perspective to tie up that much cap space with no benefit to make them better. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

7 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Looking at Tuhrod's numbers it makes sense why we had to trade him, since it looked like he would not renegotiate again. But damn we paid for not having at least someone serviceable back there.

Tyrod was gone.  Guy is a good QB, but not going to get you to the promised land.  Dodging a $16m bullet was just smart roster management.   Rip the bandaid off and get a guy like Allen you can build around. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Thats because LB is NOT what makes the steelers offense great, its been great year after year after year ever since they drafted Ben Roethlisberger.

RBs are not that valuable overall and LB will not get whatever ridiculous amount of money he was demanding, if he does it will be to the detriment of wherever he signs with and he will not be as good without a future HOF QB

yep. its a QB league with the rules the way they are.   If you have one , you're in good shape, don't and your f'd.  especially second half of the year when the injuries hit.