Le'Veon Bell Will Sit Out for the Entire 2018 Season

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Who's to say he wont get hit by a bus tomorrow? From where I come from you don't pass on 14.5 million. 

Definitely a calculated risk that could easily prove to be a bad decision. 

He's an elite RB, and BTW I love me some Shady so don't want to downplay the position, but the OFFENSIVE LINE matters more- hence that's where the money should go first. The Steelers proved it this year as they barely lost a step without Bell. And when the Cowboys had the best one for Elliot and Prescott rookie seasons these two looked like superstars, while the line is diminished now and they look OK, no more. Yeah Mahomes is playing awesome, and his Wrs, backs and TE are off the chart in talent as a group, but again that OLine is one of the best. Not coincidence.

If Bills fans can't see how losing Incognito hurt badly this year, maybe you should pay more attention when watching games... The duo Incognito-McCoy was MONEY. The Bills OLine is the least paid in the league this year and the offense is the worst, with all QBs except Allen having horrible stats, and even Josh's numbers are damn low compared to his obvious talent.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No, it's him ruining the league, do you really want star players doing this and demanding trades and so forth. The last thing the NFL needs is to become the NBA.

That was my first thought... he seems like a perfect fit for the NBA.

Bell is free to do whatever he wants, as are any of us.  There are consequences to some actions.  If I'm a potential employer, I see a guy that is more of an individual than a team player.  Nothing wrong with that... unless you're the person in charge of putting a team together.  Instead of getting into the trenches with his teammates... and it's not like he's been captured and held hostage by Pittsburgh, they've not broken any rules with him... he's staying at home and waiting for a better deal, more to his liking.

He already played for a consistent winner and made great money... how many other teams can he go play for where his odds of winning will increase AND they'll pay him more money?  He's burned his bridge in Pittsburgh and won't get to take that offensive line nor future HOF QB with him.  I don't deny the guy has talent but I think he's rolling the dice with his career.

Fortunately for him, he will most likely be signed by a team that is already loaded with talent and just needs another gun or two in the armory.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

We're all clearly seeing just how badly missed a star RB of his caliber is in Pittsburgh!

Only game the Bills have played worth a crap this year was completely missed by Shady, too.

Pound and ground!  Control the line of scrimmage!

:lol:

Ugh so out of  context what's your beef with running backs? They'd be a better team no doubt. James Connor is in concussion protocol. It might be great if they could replace him with THE BEST RB IN THE GAME. 

Steelers with and without L Bell are an elite to great team. Literally has nothing to do with Shady who's impact is the same on a team that's a dumpster fire with or without him

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Don't expect Le'Veon Bell to show up to the Steelers facility, or anytime this season for that matter.The team is not expecting their star RB to play for them this season, sources told Ian Rapoport.

[IMG] 

Don't expect Le'Veon Bell to show up to the Pittsburgh Steelers facility next week, or anytime this season for that matter.

Despite owner Art Rooney's recent comments anticipating Bell's return to the facility, the team is not expecting their star RB to play for them this season, sources told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Rapoport added Pittsburgh wants him back on the roster, but the front office believes Bell will stay away and await free agency in 2019.

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline, which would make him ineligible to play the rest of this season, multiple league sources tell ESPN.

Even as the Steelers now brace to lose their marquee running back for the entire season, Bell's camp continues to maintain its cone of silence and repeatedly has declined to address with reporters his plans for the coming week.

As the team and its fans await Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline, by which Bell must report or be ineligible to play for the remainder of the season, it is worth remembering what the Pro Bowl back said in January.
Ten months ago, Bell said he "definitely would consider" sitting out the 2018 season or retiring if the Steelers used the franchise tag on him for a second consecutive season. The Steelers did use the tag, and there are no indications that Bell will report by the deadline.

This is getting more screwed up than a Stormy Daniels presser pre and after party.

Everyone seems to think this new loophole is money for Bell. And he and his agents are geniuses for figuring this all out at the 11th hour.

I have not heard anything conclusive on this new interpretation of the cba. IE: that this year counts if he does not show up and receive the salary and next year would be 3rd tag. And that third tag is top five in NFL vs top RB and salary from this year is no factor.

DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW?

Also no conclusive proof his 3rd tag would be calculated from the money he made this year (which would be zero if he does not report) or the contract available(which he did not sign and refused forfeited)

Or that he could be transition tagged for salary of 20% bump from this year(which again is not clear if it is money actually earned or money he was offered if he had accepted the tender)

This is all going to arbitration and then courts and Bell could be held up playing next year waiting for it to all play out. Maybe, but likely it is fast tracked to prevent NFL liability if Bell is delayed earning an income next year.

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

This is getting more screwed up than a Stormy Daniels presser pre and after party.

Everyone seems to think this new loophole is money for Bell. And he and his agents are geniuses for figuring this all out at the 11th hour.

I have not heard anything conclusive on this new interpretation of the cba. IE: that this year counts if he does not show up and receive the salary and next year would be 3rd tag. And that third tag is top five in NFL vs top RB and salary from this year is no factor.

DOES ANYONE REALLY KNOW?

Also no conclusive proof his 3rd tag would be calculated from the money he made this year (which would be zero if he does not report) or the contract available(which he did not sign and refused forfeited)

Or that he could be transition tagged for salary of 20% bump from this year(which again is not clear if it is money actually earned or money he was offered if he had accepted the tender)

This is all going to arbitration and then courts and Bell could be held up playing next year waiting for it to all play out. Maybe, but likely it is fast tracked to prevent NFL liability if Bell is delayed earning an income next year.

I believe PIT will just avoid the headache and distraction.  

12 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I hope the Steelers transition tag him next season lolll

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He would just sit out again. They are better off just letting him walk rather than dealing with the headache.

Read an article not that long ago that said they likely would give him transition tag from what I've read would cost them between $10 to $15 mil. Gives him the option to negotiate with other teams so can't see why he'd sit out.  Will be surprised if any teams really offer him what he thinks he's going to get or maybe will get a big contract but for short term, probably about what he'd have got this year under the tag.  Connor playing as well as he has, hasn't helped Bell's cause much.  Shows how indispensable RB's really are.

One thing that did surprise me a bit is that I knew players received a game check for each weeks game, assumed it was their total salary divided by 16, didn't realize it include the bye weeks so it's salary divided by 17.

1 hour ago, The Process said:

I didn't say he was breaking any rules.....(CBA).  It's the big picture....perception.....it's BS.  Before the season started and the development of Connor, he knew his absence would affect HIS team. This tells me he doesn't care about the team. It's plain and simple.....selfish and spoiled. As a working stiff, even I will look at our departments coverage when considering a vacation that could leave them short handed. I say MAN UP  and play the game you were blessed with skills to play. 10 Million, 15 Million, 20 Million.....I mean.....REALLY?

You don't realize franchise tags suck donkey balls for players WORTH 20M in the world's most precarious position: transcendental talent that you and I aren't worth and can't possibly understand.

Dude's an injury away from not getting paid his worth.. you and i's holiday vacation isn't the end of the world, and you and I are not looking at getting fired from 20m salariea on any given moment after a career ending injury with no compensation because we've been franchise tagged at work.

Your analogy to work breaks down on the fact that Le'Veon Bell is extremely visible and marketable to other employers in a way we will never be.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

When did this country become so pro-management?

It's kind of creepy really. Good for him.

Hahaha I guess that's sums up my feelings. Dude's getting screwed in a very precarious position and sport and we're just equating it to our crappy jobs saying "WE GET SCREWED ALL THE TIME HE SHOULD GET SCREWED EVEN MORE WHAT WITH ALL THE MONEY HE HAS THAT I WANT"

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here we go. I knew the comparison to yourself in your working capacity was coming.  What you do in your life has nothing to do with him as a professional athlete with a typically short career span.   This is nothing but envy as I suspected.  Are you going to be there if and when his body is broken down with exhorbitant medical expenses?  I rather doubt it and it's none of your concern where you get to the point of outrage. 

haha his medical expenses are not what he's crying about......dude has millions

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here we go. I knew the comparison to yourself in your working capacity was coming.  What you do in your life has nothing to do with him as a professional athlete with a typically short career span.   This is nothing but envy as I suspected.  Are you going to be there if and when his body is broken down with exhorbitant medical expenses?  I rather doubt it and it's none of your concern where you get to the point of outrage. 

According to NFL.com, the Steelers made one final offer to Bell on Monday, just hours before the NFL's 4 p.m. ET deadline for teams to negotiate a new contract with their franchise player. The offer from the Steelers was worth a total of $70 million over five years (or $14 million per season). Although the offer would have given Bell the largest multi-year contract of any running back in the NFL, he turned it down, and one reason he likely did that, is because it was nowhere near his asking price, which was reportedly in the neighborhood of $17 million per season.......need more info?