Report: Patriots sideline Rob Gronkowski until after bye week. Patriots' remaining schedule ranked second easiest. Retirement Rumors and Missed Incentives.

Report: Patriots sideline Rob Gronkowski until after bye week

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-patriots-sideline-rob-gronkowski-bye-week-181448469.html

is the end near for Gronk in NE? 

This is the safe play for the Patriots. Gronkowski hasn’t been himself since Week 6 against Kansas City and has missed two of New England’s last three games. With a bye week following a matchup with the Titans, Gronkowski will have some extra time to heal before traveling to New York to face a reeling Jets team.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rob-gronkowskis-future-may-doubt-patriots-need-not-031116849.html

As Gronk's absence looks glaring, one former Patriot took shots at team

Rob Gronkowski missed his second straight game this week and his third out of his past four. His ankle is bothering him, and his back keeps flaring up.

It didn’t take long to see Sunday that the New England Patriots could have used the star tight end against the Tennessee Titans, whose first-year head coach, Mike Vrabel, played under Patriots coach Bill Belichick for eight years.

I was really surprised to see Gronk come back this year.  He is one guy that should hang it up.  Back problems, lower body injuries, he is going to be sorry when he is in his 40's.  I am not sure what is left for him to accomplish.  I also have read that he has banked all his football earnings & has basically lived off of his endorsements so money is not an issue for him.  

35 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I was really surprised to see Gronk come back this year.  He is one guy that should hang it up.  Back problems, lower body injuries, he is going to be sorry when he is in his 40's.  I am not sure what is left for him to accomplish.  I also have read that he has banked all his football earnings & has basically lived off of his endorsements so money is not an issue for him.  

what shocked me was the incentives he agreed to to raise his income. Almost unreachable. 

Man, you have to credit the Patriots toget guys to take discounts like they do..Gronk should have taken the trade to the Lions and banked another $15M 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what shocked me was the incentives he agreed to to raise his income. Almost unreachable. 

Man, you have to credit the Patriots toget guys to take discounts like they do..Gronk should have taken the trade to the Lions and banked another $15M 

Yeah because he's a real rocket surgeon.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yeah I don't know how they do it.  Winning is important but.... you got a ring already, I don't see why some of these guys take less to stay with the evil empire.  

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

his head is too thick to comprehend that.  

he's going to live off the game checks he claims he doesn't spend.  

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

They should consider resting him until the playoffs. 

thats a good one