Four Different Starting QBs in One Season

Gugny

22 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Such a moronic post. How are those others teams excuses any better than the Bills. Two of the Bills quarterbacks got injured idiot. Do you even watch the Bills. At a bare minimum they would have three starters and with this offensive line 4 or even 5 is possible. Barkley will be lucky to survive tomorrow. 

1987: strike year....Kelly and then 3 scrubs starting 1 game each at QB due to the strike.

1960, 1961: first two years of the AFL...completely different expectations in terms of how to secure quality QB's on the market as well as how the position was played/scouted etc...

1968: longstanding franchise QB suddenly goes down in practice, 2 weeks before the season begins...3 more QB's (Flores, Darragh, and Stephenson) get injured....4 in total.

2018: epic mismanagement of the QB situation beyond the injuries to Allen and Anderson. Getting rid of Taylor without a suitable replacement, trading McCarron, forcing Allen into a starting role a full year before he's ready, throwing Anderson and Barkely onto the field days after picking them off the streets....all of these bad decisions stem from the singular fact that McDermott completely overestimated Peterman's abilities as an NFL QB. My speculation is that there was some favoritism going on because they both believe in the same invisible space God.

• Like (+1) 1

I am glad we ended the playoff drought last year. The total number of QB's to start for Buffalo  since the "Music City debacle" is devastating. Don't get me started on how many QB's have started games for us since Jimbo stepped down. WOW. This isn't even what's available at the bar at 3am ugly. More like "The bar is closing, lets troll the parking lot". OUCH

See I don't think this is a big deal. Allen and Anderson got hurt and Nathan Peterman might be the worst quarterback of all time. 

If if we started 4 guys because we couldn't figure out who the guy is, I'd be worried. 

Obviously we know Josh Allen is the guy. And he happens to be hurt.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

See I don't think this is a big deal. Allen and Anderson got hurt and Nathan Peterman might be the worst quarterback of all time

If if we started 4 guys because we couldn't figure out who the guy is, I'd be worried. 

Obviously we know Josh Allen is the guy. And he happens to be hurt.  

Bold is why it is a big deal. The fact it took half a season to realize what a lot of people knew is a big deal. Why they ever thought Peterman could start the majority of the games til Allen was ready is a big deal. Not having a veteran backup when the season started is a big deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Botch?  So injuries are the coaches fault?  They said they intended Allen to start week 1, but his 3rd preseason game made them want to sit him a little early In this season and NP just flopped and JA got out in during week 1. 

Now hes hurt.  NP failed so they signed DA but had to keep NP too with Allen still hurt.  So they signed Barkley with both DA and JA still hurt, but again have to keep NP in case Barkley gets hurt.

So what did they botch?  Injuries are injuries, only reason it will be 4.  

the season starter is not nor has been injured this year. Only backups have been inured. Selecting Nasty Mate as starter falls squarely on the brain trust.

didn't the Packers go through several QB s a few years ago? Rodgers and the first backup were injured early on. Then they brought in Seneca Wallace who was promptly injured. iN 2013 they started 4.

In 2010, the Cowboys started 

Quincy Carter (8) / Anthony Wright (3) / Ryan Leaf (3) / Clint Stoerner (2)

In 2015 the Cowboys started Matt Cassel (7) / Tony Romo (4) / Brandon Weeden (3) / Kellen Moore (2)

Edited by reddogblitz

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Barkley starts tomorrow, he will be the 4th different QB to start a game for the Bills in 10 weeks.

From what I could find on the Interwebs, the 1987 Patriots have the record with five ... but that was in a strike season (in which Doug Flutie crossed the line and started one game before the strike ended).

I feel like there's been no team in the history of the NFL to botch the handling of the QB position (some consider it an important position in the NFL).  Am I wrong?

I've stated this in numerous threads before, was the QB position botched or could we just not get a veteran QB in here? I've read a bunch of articles stating the Bills reached out to Mccown, Keenum and Bradford, not sure maybe others. s it botched if you tried to sign guys but opted for other teams? The choices they had were the same guys we have now after that... Anderson/Barkley etc.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I've stated this in numerous threads before, was the QB position botched or could we just not get a veteran QB in here? I've read a bunch of articles stating the Bills reached out to Mccown, Keenum and Bradford, not sure maybe others. s it botched if you tried to sign guys but opted for other teams? The choices they had were the same guys we have now after that... Anderson/Barkley etc.

It’s hard on a team when the franchise QB gets hurt

it’s a multiple of hard to not even have a franchise QB and the scrubs get hurt anyway

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

If Barkley starts tomorrow, he will be the 4th different QB to start a game for the Bills in 10 weeks.

From what I could find on the Interwebs, the 1987 Patriots have the record with five ... but that was in a strike season (in which Doug Flutie crossed the line and started one game before the strike ended).

I feel like there's been no team in the history of the NFL to botch the handling of the QB position (some consider it an important position in the NFL).  Am I wrong?

The botch was the belief in Peterman. McCarron was the worst QB in preseason so his departure was earned. 

Can’t predict the injuries so I don’t blame them for Allen and Anderson going down. That is mostly the result of two pro bowl linemen quitting. 

10 hours ago, chaccof said:

Wow, just wow....what's fun about this season is that if you, for some reason, like life gets in the way, can't stay current for a couple of hours with twitter, instagram, the interweb, etc. there is always gold coming out of 1 Bills Drive....Matt Barkely?  Really?  I bet half this board knows the playbook better than he does.  

might as well try him out this pre-season- season.  maybe he can play.  neither Pete or Anderson will be around next year, maybe barkley can be a workable #2.

Wow, just wow....what's fun about this season is that if you, for some reason, like life gets in the way, can't stay current for a couple of hours with twitter, instagram, the interweb, etc. there is always gold coming out of 1 Bills Drive....Matt Barkely?  Really?  I bet half this board knows the playbook better than he does.  

Run, run, pick 6 isn’t too hard of a playbook to learn quickly 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

If it wasn't for this board and the humorous fanatics on it - I'd be in a 'nut house'.

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Well we all know that many Hail Mary's have to be there.  Whether that translates into "go long" is another question.

Statue of Liberty - gotta be in today's playbook also!

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

The botch was the belief in Peterman. McCarron was the worst QB in preseason so his departure was earned. 

Can’t predict the injuries so I don’t blame them for Allen and Anderson going down. That is mostly the result of two pro bowl linemen quitting. 

The Bills had time.

Wood retired January 26th. 

The Bills tried to force Incognito to take a pay-cut.

And they traded Glenn.

So this is what it looks like when you get rid of the left side of your line.