Four Different Starting QBs in One Season

Gugny

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If Barkley starts tomorrow, he will be the 4th different QB to start a game for the Bills in 10 weeks.

From what I could find on the Interwebs, the 1987 Patriots have the record with five ... but that was in a strike season (in which Doug Flutie crossed the line and started one game before the strike ended).

I feel like there's been no team in the history of the NFL to botch the handling of the QB position (some consider it an important position in the NFL).  Am I wrong?

Botch?  So injuries are the coaches fault?  They said they intended Allen to start week 1, but his 3rd preseason game made them want to sit him a little early In this season and NP just flopped and JA got out in during week 1. 

Now hes hurt.  NP failed so they signed DA but had to keep NP too with Allen still hurt.  So they signed Barkley with both DA and JA still hurt, but again have to keep NP in case Barkley gets hurt.

So what did they botch?  Injuries are injuries, only reason it will be 4.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

The starter going into game 1 is HEALTHY.

How freaking embarrassing. BTW you guys remember Vontae Davis? 

We had a receiver run around naked and bloody, INCOGNITO (just generally the whole offseason), the woods retirement debacle, our rookie qb Twitter, the mccoy saga, traded for and cut Coleman like 10 days apart, poyers family stuff.... at some level I think we are numb to drama this year and it all blurs together.

For such a straight laced coach it’s really been something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If Barkley starts tomorrow, he will be the 4th different QB to start a game for the Bills in 10 weeks.

From what I could find on the Interwebs, the 1987 Patriots have the record with five ... but that was in a strike season (in which Doug Flutie crossed the line and started one game before the strike ended).

I feel like there's been no team in the history of the NFL to botch the handling of the QB position (some consider it an important position in the NFL).  Am I wrong?

Were you in the "Start Pete because he earned it" crowd before week one? Were you in the "Just trade AJ " crowd before week one?  I will hang up and listen.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry, but no.  Peterman, Allen, Anderson, Barkley.

I'm talking about how many different QBs start games; not how many different starters (i.e. - Peterman, then Allen, then Peterman again = 2 different starters).

He's correct.  Should Barkley start tomorrow we would technically have had 5 starters.  Those you listed and McCoy.

Edited by loedward22

Wow, just wow....what's fun about this season is that if you, for some reason, like life gets in the way, can't stay current for a couple of hours with twitter, instagram, the interweb, etc. there is always gold coming out of 1 Bills Drive....Matt Barkely?  Really?  I bet half this board knows the playbook better than he does.  

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We had a receiver run around naked and bloody, INCOGNITO (just generally the whole offseason), the woods retirement debacle, our rookie qb Twitter, the mccoy saga, traded for and cut Coleman like 10 days apart, poyers family stuff.... at some level I think we are numb to drama this year and it all blurs together.

For such a straight laced coach it’s really been something. 

Much like the America we now live in.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Injuries happen

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Matt Barkley...

Jesus man...a new low!

NO QB, NO WR, NO O-LINE.....a strong Jets Defence...Its gonna be ugly folks!

This is better than Derek, but half this board was convinced Derek was a Messiah

24 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

The Vikings should be really embarrassed that they looked past this team and lost to them at home.

Handing over 17 points early is no way to play a game

still think the mob fixed this one, ruined 95 percent of survivor pool entries and destroyed every teaser on the planet 

This is the 5th time in franchise history that 4 or more players started the season at QB: 1960 and 1961 before they found Kemp, 1968 when Kemp was injured in preseason and out for the year, 1987 during the strike year, and now 2018.

The other four seasons had better excuses. This one is just sad and is due to McDermott's hard-on for fellow Jesus freak, Nate Peterman. 

21 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

This is the 5th time in franchise history that 4 or more players started the season at QB: 1960 and 1961 before they found Kemp, 1968 when Kemp was injured in preseason and out for the year, 1987 during the strike year, and now 2018.

The other four seasons had better excuses. This one is just sad and is due to McDermott's hard-on for fellow Jesus freak, Nate Peterman. 

How are those others teams excuses any better than the Bills. Two of the Bills quarterbacks got injured. Do you even watch the Bills. At a bare minimum they would have three starters and with this offensive line 4 or even 5 is possible. Barkley will be lucky to survive tomorrow. 

Edited by Kevin1778
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1