Barkley expected to start

Steptide

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

exhibition season continues

That where I'm at.  Feels like the 4th preseason game.  Gonna check in and see if there are any players standing out.  At this point a win would only really hurt their draft standing.  If Allen were in at least it would be a developmental game.

I am struggling to think of a compelling reason to stay glued to the Bills game this week.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Me too but he's been bad. A huge liability when he is in there on defense and he's been bad on special teams as well. There are a million younger, cheaper, faster backup WILL linebackers on the street. 

They should have kept Tanner Vallejo who is doing some good work for the Browns special teams units. 

Hopefully, they decide to give Corey Thompson a look on special teams at the very least. 

wondered where Tanner went. I'm surprised they would cut one of there own. Let's hope they continue with that "process" .

I was thinking that after the blow out loss last week to the Bears we finally hit rock bottom.

But tomorrow we face the Jets with Josh McCown and we're stating another guy off the street.

If Barkley had all preseason and the regular season to prepare, he'd still suck tomorrow.

That's why he's not on anybodies roster.............how can we be doing this  ?

9 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

He is worse than Peterman and Allen. Wait. Who cares though. Allen stays healthy he starts last six.

You realize Barkley was going to be the #2 on the Bengals this year until he got hurt. There's absolutely no way possible that Barkley is worse than Pete Naterman. 

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Put it this way

in 6 starts Barkley has 3-300 yd passing games.

Since 2014 the bills have had a guy throw for 300 yds 1 time and it was in an overtime game

Since 2014 ? I knew it wasn’t good but didn’t realize it was that long ago , 

must be a league record ?

3 hours ago, WildBills said:

You realize Barkley was going to be the #2 on the Bengals this year until he got hurt. There's absolutely no way possible that Barkley is worse than Pete Naterman. 

What's the deal with Bills getting Bengals Backup QBs.  First McCarron and now Barkley.  Why didn't they just go for Dalton and at least have a starter.  After all, Dalton did lead Bills to a playoffs last year.  LOL.  

And to think, I delayed taking my yearly trek to Florida so I could see this game.  At least we have the Bye week to look forward to.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not at all. He threw at MINIMUM one pass that should have been picked off in every one of those games. They were all those out patterns he's too weak-armed to throw.

It happened.

And all his great stats were the result of incredibly vanilla offense with easy passes vs incredibly vanilla defense.

He never should have started this year and he wouldn't have if we had a coach who wasn't enamored by stats.

I recall you being a very reputable poster.  This falls short of that.  Frustration happens, but don't go down that route.  He did have the one bad pass, but it wasn't more than one.  He was the best QB on the field in the preseason.  And that is OK.  We don't need to hate the McBeane or Peterman for that to be true and for it also to be true that he wildly underperformed when the regular season started. 

The only thing the current regime did wrong, if you want to call it that, was not signing a veteran guy to come in after McCarron was traded.  Beane said as much.  And from what I've read, they tried to do so.

Other than that?  Peterman played really well in preseason.  You can howl all you want about preseason not counting, but he clearly beat out  McCarron.  No question.  But he threw up again in the regular season games.  Even last  week he hits three guys in the hands and still got picked.  Not much can be done about that.  But clearly he has now shown he just can't be trusted.  

So they brough in Anderson.  He got hurt.  Allen got hurt.  Two QBs got hurt.   The third guy hasn't cut it.  So they had to sign a fourth guy, another vet in Barkley that has a meh history.  What exactly do you think they're going to get at this point in the season, a Pro Bowl type guy?  Barkley is Anderson is Sanchez is Moore is any other veteran guy out there in the same position.  

So going forward you hope Barkley provides something.  You hope Allen comes back after the bye.  For the bloodthirsty I suppose you can cut Peterman.  Other than that, what.  Two QBs including your young starter went down.  Any team in the league would have troubles then, unless you're playing the Raiders.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

If they honestly believe this is the best choice to start and not because of fan/media pressure against Peterman, then Peterman should be cut.  

Either way, this is pathetic 

Peterman can't be cut now, because he is the backup.

After this game, when we will likely have four healthy QBs -- it would seem that Peterman would have to be cut. Unless, of course, Barkley shows worse than Peterman today.

15 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

The guy this team decided was good enough to be our starter after a 2 month long "QB competition" got beaten out by two street free agents - not to mention they gave up on him after one half to begin the year.

It's these guys we have trusted to nail the QB position...gulp.

This is exactly everything you need to know about the evaluation from this group and why both of them have to be fired before the next draft

Another quarterback has to be taken in the first two rounds next year and there is no way these two idiots will have the guts to do it

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This is exactly everything you need to know about the evaluation from this group and why both of them have to be fired before the next draft

Another quarterback has to be taken in the first two rounds next year and there is no way these two idiots will have the guts to do it

They are not getting fired and the constant calls for such are beyond ridiculous at this point

I think starting Barkley is a bad idea. In fact I think it is idiotic. They guy doesn't know the playbook, he has had no time to work with the receivers, and at his best he isn't any good anyway. Not that Peterman is a great option, but Barkley is a worse one. 

Edited by Dr. K

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I recall you being a very reputable poster.  This falls short of that.  Frustration happens, but don't go down that route.  He did have the one bad pass, but it wasn't more than one.  He was the best QB on the field in the preseason.  And that is OK.  We don't need to hate the McBeane or Peterman for that to be true and for it also to be true that he wildly underperformed when the regular season started. 

You do?

What's your previous username?

And I'm sorry, but nothing I said about Peterman's preseason was wrong. 

Be enamored with preseason stats all you want. For QBs, those don't matter much--see 2015 And Jeff Tuel in 2013. What matters is what TYPES of throws they're making, whether they're going through progressions, pocket presence in the face of pressure, etc. 

Peterman was, at best, an Incomplete on all those important things in the preseason.