Barkley expected to start

Steptide

19 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s not why he was a 4th round pick. If he came out in 2012 he would have been a top 10 pick. He went back had a tough season and then got hurt. That’s why he went in the 4th. Nobody was complaining about him when he was throwing for 39 tds and 7 picks in his jr year. I’m not saying he’s going to be good but let’s hive him a shot. He doesn’t have an arm like Allen but he can play in the league unlike Peterman 

This just isn't true.

Barkley had a noodle arm in college and he has a noodle arm now. He thrived in college throwing a ton of WR screens to Marquis Lee and Robert Woods, but has never been able to drive the ball down the field. 

As a QB he's extremely limited, hence why he's struggled to hold onto a job as anything more than an emergency QB since he was drafted. 

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It's a rather Billsy stat, isn't it?

Our gift to the record books.

My guess is it's never happened, which explains the whole having the worst offense in NFL history thing. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m sure the NFL is psyched about having to promote a Barkley/McCown matchup mid season - it’s one thing in late December when audiences’ attentions are distracted but my goodness, this is not a good look for pre-Thanksgiving professional football.

It’s not on national tv so no need to promote. They are probably hoping no one notices. This game is for the die-hards of each team only. And even many of those will probably bail. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I think starting Barkley is a bad idea. In fact I think it is idiotic. They guy doesn't know the playbook, he has had no time to work with the receivers, and at his best he isn't any good anyway. Not that Peterman is a great option, but Barkley is a worse one. 

Agreed. 

8 TDs to 18 Interceptions with 7 fumbles for his career, on teams where he was with the team he played for all season. 

Asking a terrible QB to play a regular season game with like 5 practices under his belt is moronic. 

46 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

I think starting Barkley is a bad idea. In fact I think it is idiotic. They guy doesn't know the playbook, he has had no time to work with the receivers, and at his best he isn't any good anyway. Not that Peterman is a great option, but Barkley is a worse one. 

I think the thought process is that Peterman is a lost cause, both with his confidence and the locker room, and the only other option is Barkley due to the injuries. They just couldn’t roll him out there again. The bottom line is that they held out hope for Allen but probably did the right thing holding him out one more game and just needed anyone but Peterman to play today. If Barkley is worse, then he’s worse. We don’t know that until he plays. There was no “good” option between the two. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the thought process is that Peterman is a lost cause, both with his confidence and the locker room, and the only other option is Barkley due to the injuries. They just couldn’t roll him out there again. The bottom line is that they held out hope for Allen but probably did the right thing holding him out one more game and just needed anyone but Peterman to play today. If Barkley is worse, then he’s worse. We don’t know that until he plays. 

We know Barkley is a terrible NFL QB because we just signed him off the street and he didn't make a team coming out of camp. 

The guy's career numbers are horrible. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

We know Barkley is a terrible NFL QB because we just signed him off the street and he didn't make a team coming out of camp. 

The guy's career numbers are horrible. 

He’s terrible. No one says he’s not. But you don’t know he’s worse than Peterman. And those are your two options. 

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s terrible. No one says he’s not. But you don’t know he’s worse than Peterman. And those are your two options. 

At least Peterman knows the playbook and the receivers. He can take a snap from center without fumbling it. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

At least Barkley can complete a pass downfield leading to a TD

I guess you're going to ignore the two beautiful passes Peterman threw last week that would've been TDs but Benjamin dropped them.

There has to be a curse on Peterman because his receivers always screw him.

40 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

I guess you're going to ignore the two beautiful passes Peterman threw last week that would've been TDs but Benjamin dropped them.

There has to be a curse on Peterman because his receivers always screw him.

He’s the worst QB of all time. Barkley only has to be the 2nd worst of all time to be better.

i guess you are also choosing to ignore the perfect TD pass barkley throw to Benjamin that he dropped. Works both ways. 

Edited by YoloinOhio