Barkley expected to start

Steptide

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Humber is garbage and we might as well give Foster one more shot before we get rid of him too.

They are so obviously tanking dude 

No. No they’re not. They’re awful, but they’re not tanking. 

If your plan is to tank you don’t beg Kyle Williams to come back. 

You just want want to keep your head in the sand so you can pretend the organization isn’t being run by idiots. I understand. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’ll support the guy. I’m happy he’s getting a shot and will hope for the best. Until we are literally eliminated I just can’t root for losses. Especially because I will be there. I hope Barkley plays well and who knows, maybe we can beat the team I hate the most. Not expecting anything good but thrilled it’s not Peterman 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Barkley was pedestrian at best for the Bears IMHO. But ok.

As to your other point yes and no.  While it is important to develop Allen, there are also 10 other guys out there that need to be really good and do their job to win that need to be developed too was my point.

If Alen is injured and can't play, we don't have to put everyone else's development on hold til he gets back.

The NFL is full of cases where a team with a really good qb has not had regular sucess. Like the Chargers regularly missing  the playoffs with Rivers under center.  QB is THE most important position, but far from the ONLY position that matters.

Allen in terms of QB.  I absolutely agree that any QB needs pieces around him.  I presume that will be the major focus this offseason.

33 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

No. No they’re not. They’re awful, but they’re not tanking. 

If your plan is to tank you don’t beg Kyle Williams to come back. 

You just want want to keep your head in the sand so you can pretend the organization isn’t being run by idiots. I understand. 

You keep Kyle around as a mentor for the young talent you're bringing in and to keep the locker room together.

32 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’ll support the guy. I’m happy he’s getting a shot and will hope for the best. Until we are literally eliminated I just can’t root for losses. Especially because I will be there. I hope Barkley plays well and who knows, maybe we can beat the team I hate the most. Not expecting anything good but thrilled it’s not Peterman 

I love how you change your profile pic to whomever starts. Nice touch.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Unless Barkley is worse, which would take an awful lot

i don't care anymore, so i'm not gonna read 5 pages of b.s. about nate. i was so excited about the direction this staff and team was headed, but it got to the point of embarrassment.

mcd's handling of the qb gets worse by the week. the roster moves at wr are a joke. i guess if they are busy making moves constantly it's supposed to look like they know what they are doing. it's to the point that, if i had no access to the outer world, rex could still be coaching and i wouldn't know the difference.

rex blindly dismantled a good defense and mcstaff blindly neutered an offense that at least could be average. now mcd has basically taken nathan peterman and has thrown him under the bus a few times and is fine with backing the bus up over him too. why start barkley?....why???...to see if he can be a b/u going forward? ummm yeah, he's going into his 5th year , not sure how many teams.

is it to win games? ...maybe run the table and salvage the season? or is it to flat out tank and have no clue at qb going into the off season.  this whole thing is a joke that ain't in any way funny.  if he stuck to any thing that required testicles and rode with the qbs he had and was trying to evaluate or for the lack of a better term, develop someone,  maybe he wouldn't be digging the hole even deeper for the national media to bury us in.

as a 45 yr. fan of this team, i am more embarrassed than i was being stationed out west during the mid 80's.  i can't believe all the b.s. roster moves. these guys just can't stop.

are these guys boozers, users or what?  it makes my head spin to watch this crap....not just the games, the everyday running of the team.

it is out of control....which makes me less encouraged about the off season. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Allen in terms of QB.  I absolutely agree that any QB needs pieces around him.  I presume that will be the major focus this offseason.

...may be presumptuous Oldy.....they thought they were fielding a competitive product offensively to at least keep us marginally competitive....are they competent going forward?......stay tuned...............

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

You keep Kyle around as a mentor for the young talent you're bringing in and to keep the locker room together.

I love how you change your profile pic to whomever starts. Nice touch.

Not whoever. Not doing it with Peterman. I will support the guys that I like and that aren’t just a proven pit of garbage. I was appreciative of Anderson and feel good about what he did considering the circumstances. I’m sure it will be a 1 off with Barkley but oh well. Il show him a little support in hopes for the best

• Like (+1) 1

Looking forward to watching him play. He was considered the front runner to back up Dalton before hurting his knee. I am hoping he shows decent "backup skills" and go with him and Josh the rest of the year. IR Derek, keep him around on the sideline and QB room for the season, and send "Peterson" to PS. One and two set for next year, bring in a late draft pick or an UDFA for PS, and QB is set for 2019/2020.

Of course, it hinges on Josh's improvement, but this what I had hoped for, and now he rests for two weeks.

Edited by JimS

Mcbeane said he made a mistake with the qb situation. Mcbeane should have also stated that there will always be 3 QBs in the building at all times going forward.

This has been a laugh fest. Fortunately I've been streaming defenses playing the Bills for 3 weeks now. So I have that going for me 

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm in my foxhole....up periscope........can't bear to watch McCown "goin' to town"......

i know , right?  what a perfect piece to this season. instead of going and maybe rattling a rookie and grinding out a win, we get to face j.m. who will probably end up putting 4 bills on us in yet another blow out. it just keeps getting worse.

i used to B word and complain about being out of it by thanksgiving, but this year is a nightmare....before halloween.