Does josh allen arguably have the strongest arm in decades?

Lafromboise

Allen isn't even the strongest armed QB we've had on the Buffalo Roster in the past 2 years.

Allen has a gun, Cardale Jones has a cannon

If arm strength mattered, Cardale Jones would be our starting QB.

And on the other hand, Tom Brady has done pretty well with his noodle arm............

2 hours ago, mrags said:

I haven’t seen any deep balls he’s thrown in the NFL games that have proven he has a strong arm. He’s thrown a few lasers. But nothing deep that puts me in awe of his incredible arm. Mahomes on the other hand has thrown some bombs that have made my jaw drop 

You haven't noticed that he has a strong arm?

1 hour ago, B Fan in LA said:

Tom Brady has done pretty well with his noodle arm.

Exactly. The winds in Orchard Park are child's play for him.

He has the 4th most wins at Rich/Ralph/New Era all time. Only Kelly, Ferguson and Brady's creator, Drew Bledsoe, won more there. 

Needing top end arm strength to play at New Era is a myth.   

Edited by I am the egg man

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

You haven't noticed that he has a strong arm?

You haven’t noticed that every time he tries to throw the deep ball it’s seriously underthrown? If not, then I really cannot continue to argue this with you because you are blinded. 

I'm not sure that the arm strength of Jamarcus Russell was ever documented, but you could almost disqualify him since he was a total dud.  Otherwise, I don't think there is anybody else who can match Allen for documented arm strength.

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Does it matter?

Not really, but folks need something to cling to in terms of a positive measurable coming from Allen's game.

EJ had a strong arm too.  Was also a big, strong, athletic guy who could run.

Arm strength doesn't mean a lot if there's nothing to go with it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

I haven’t seen any deep balls he’s thrown in the NFL games that have proven he has a strong arm. He’s thrown a few lasers. But nothing deep that puts me in awe of his incredible arm. Mahomes on the other hand has thrown some bombs that have made my jaw drop 

you havnt been paying attention then

39 minutes ago, mrags said:

Touché 

Mahomes has a strong arm no doubt.  Allen had a TD pass to Benjamin that I couldnt hardly see the ball.  I also watch him throw the ball about 65 yards off balance.

Now Ive only been watchin football for 30 years, but I have never saw an arm like his.

Marino, Elway, Favre are close but not quite.  Mahomes has a cannon but not like Allen.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Mahomes has a strong arm no doubt.  Allen had a TD pass to Benjamin that I couldnt hardly see the ball.  I also watch him throw the ball about 65 yards off balance.

Now Ive only been watchin football for 30 years, but I have never saw an arm like his.

Marino, Elway, Favre are close but not quite.  Mahomes has a cannon but not like Allen.

But he has to learn how to be accurate and know when to throw it gently. If he isn’t accurate nothing matters