Does josh allen arguably have the strongest arm in decades?

Lafromboise

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lets just hope Allen's career goes the complete opposite as J. Russel's lol

Lol we can only hope. I think he is way more determined and Russel also got way more money and probably felt like he was set for life. He clearly didn’t love the game the way I think Allen does 

I haven’t seen any deep balls he’s thrown in the NFL games that have proven he has a strong arm. He’s thrown a few lasers. But nothing deep that puts me in awe of his incredible arm. Mahomes on the other hand has thrown some bombs that have made my jaw drop 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, mrags said:

I haven’t seen any deep balls he’s thrown in the NFL games that have proven he has a strong arm. He’s thrown a few lasers. But nothing deep that puts me in awe of his incredible arm. Mahomes on the other hand has thrown some bombs that have made my jaw drop 

And they were actually completions 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

And they were actually completions 

Parts of that aren’t his fault because Foster couldn’t locate a football the size of a 757 coming right at him. But still, his arm in his deep throws has been underwhelming so far imo. Even the ones he’s had, they have been underthrown. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

Parts of that aren’t his fault because Foster couldn’t locate a football the size of a 757 coming right at him. But still, his arm in his deep throws has been underwhelming so far imo. Even the ones he’s had, they have been underthrown. 

Do you think that’s an issue of strength or accuracy? Under throwing can EASILY be poor anticipation or placement on balls that could’ve been thrown further 

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Do you think that’s an issue of strength or accuracy? Under throwing can EASILY be poor anticipation or placement on balls that could’ve been thrown further 

I get your point, but there is no evidence to support anything at this point. All I can go by is the fact that multiple throws have been underthrown and leading me to wishing there was more. I’m a fan of Allen, and Hopefully I’m wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise. 

I also do do not belive in McD and believe anyone under his tutelage will fail. So my hope is pretty much out the window with Allen. 

Edited by mrags

Just now, mrags said:

So far, all I can confirm that multiple throws that are supposed to be deep, leading his WRs intobwhat would hope would be a long TD; have been underthrown. 

I get your point, but there is no evidence to support anything at this point. All I can go by is the fact that multiple throws have been underthrown and leading me to wishing there was more. I’m a fan of Allen, and Hopefully I’m wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise. 

I also do do not belive in McD and believe anyone under his tutelage will fail. So my hope is pretty much out the window with Allen. 

Im not feeling particularly optimistic about McD or his development of a project qb... but I do generally believe allen can throw the ball a mile without accounting for accuracy. That’s the only reason I brought up the question.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Im not feeling particularly optimistic about McD or his development of a project qb... but I do generally believe allen can throw the ball a mile without accounting for accuracy. That’s the only reason I brought up the question.

I used to belive that too. Except evidence points to the facts that when he has tried to throw it deep so far this year, his passes have been underthtown. 

Hopefully its just a mistake in accuracy. Hopefully he needs to learn to plant his feet. Hopefully whatever it is, can be coached. But I have no faith in this coaching staff helping him through that. And I have serious doubts that it’s not just him not being able to throw the ball a country mile like we all previously believed. 

Hopefully im wrong. I really like Allen and want him to succeed. He was my number 1 choice coming out because of his physical attributes. So far I’ve been wrong. 

3 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

Discuss. I believe he blew by mahommes velocity record.

Discuss?  OK

"Strongest Arm in teh league" 

Worst yards-per-attempt in the league too.  

Too bad that our braintrust doesn't understand that the vast majority of pass plays are short-medium.  

There's WAY too much emphasis placed on arm-strength by people that should understand football much better than they do and who get paid to understand it as such.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, mrags said:

I used to belive that too. Except evidence points to the facts that when he has tried to throw it deep so far this year, his passes have been underthtown. 

Hopefully its just a mistake in accuracy. Hopefully he needs to learn to plant his feet. Hopefully whatever it is, can be coached. But I have no faith in this coaching staff helping him through that. And I have serious doubts that it’s not just him not being able to throw the ball a country mile like we all previously believed. 

Hopefully im wrong. I really like Allen and want him to succeed. He was my number 1 choice coming out because of his physical attributes. So far I’ve been wrong. 

That's a concern---that this coaching staff, will start screwing with his mechanics & screw it up. Different staff but remember the year they made a big deal in preseason about improving Fritz's mechanics & he played worse. Apparently Josh did well when Palmer was working with him before the draft, that's why I wish they would bring in a proven QB coach.