Does josh allen arguably have the strongest arm in decades?

Lafromboise

He has the strongest arm ever recorded at the combine.  Not only were his combine numbers the best ever, but he topped those velocity numbers at the Senior Bowl.  He has the strongest arm eve according the the numbers.

But what does it really matter?  You have to have so many other traits to be a successful QB.  Throwing hard can only take you so far.  It's whether or not he can figure out how to play the position that really matters.

I won't believe it until Bills wideouts go on IR because he's broken multiple fingers and given them cracked ribs from catching his passes. 

Maybe he could knock out Kelvin Benjamin with a shot to the side of his head. It might improve his receiving corps. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

He has the strongest arm ever recorded at the combine.  Not only were his combine numbers the best ever, but he topped those velocity numbers at the Senior Bowl.  He has the strongest arm eve according the the numbers.

But what does it really matter?  You have to have so many other traits to be a successful QB.  Throwing hard can only take you so far.  It's whether or not he can figure out how to play the position that really matters.

You know he will. Loves football to much not to go to his furthest corners

31 minutes ago, Lafromboise said:

Discuss. I believe he blew by mahommes velocity record.

Once you say “in decades” you can likely say “ever” for most measurables. Training, nutrition, and the science of player development are all just another level.

to this question- I’d say arguably yes. Depending on the qualifiers I’d say he probably rates in the top handful for just about any test (just straight radar gun fast ball or sheer distance), but if it’s got an accuracy qualifier (fastest throw to reliably hit a 40 yard tight target) might get interesting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1