Tell a story of when being a Bills fan came in handy in real life

Another Fan

When I was a kid my dad took my to the Ralph late in season. We were gonna go buy tickets from some scalpers when these 2 guys wearing Fox jackets walked up and asked if we needed tickets

my Dad said yea. The guy said , you Bills fans? 

My dad said of course .

the guy said free and Handed my dad 2 tickets for the 50 yard line 10 rows up

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you obviously do NOT realize the cheering in the streets if I stopped posting my useless drivel.....it would be euphoric............:thumbsup:

Where in Florida are ya?

14 hours ago, vorpma said:

In 1990 during Desert Shield, I was at a customs station on the border of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait that had a small store with cold drinks. I walked in and had a Bills decal of my day pack, 1990 was a great season and I tried to follow as much as possible. The owner of the store, a Saudi citizen seen the decal and immediately engaged me in football talk. He had attended University of Buffalo in the 1980's and loved the Bills and the city; he knew potholes, mighty taco commercials and the two of us talked for about an hour. During early December I returned and he was there and also following the Bills, believe they were getting ready for the rematch in Buffalo, pretty big game. Before I left he gave me a package with two bottles of rum for the coming holidays; Saudi Arabia strictly enforces law prohibiting alcohol consumption, possession, sales all be jail or flogging. I returned back to my camp with an awesome, morale boosting holiday present, courtesy of a fellow Bills fan! Despite the US military ban on consumption, we kind of enjoyed some Christmas and New Years cheer in a low key manner!

Awesome! Hapoy veterans day from one to another!

• Like (+1) 2

On Monday.....pulled over for somewhat speeding in Florida.  Officer approaches and asks me (after he sees my license plate) “Who is the Bills fan?” I told him “I Am!”  Cop was cool and said “Tough season huh....No ticket today for Bills fans, slow down buddy...Go Bills!

Edited by RFL
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Most Sundays I would find myself sitting down for pre game, crack my first beer around noon, watch the game while continually drinking throughout the game and then continue to finish off whatever beer I have left through the remainder of the evening.

This season,  I find myself starting the same process but usually end up stop watching the game and drinking by the half, do some work outside or around the house that needs to be done and make dinner for the family.

So in this case,  I think being a bills fan has come in handy in making me so ***** sick of watching them that I can't even enjoy drinking.