Trump blows off WWI Centenary due to a little rain

Logic

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

"As we sit here in the rain, thinking how uncomfortable we must be these minutes as our suits get wet and our hair gets wet and our shoes get wet, I think it's all the more fitting that we remember on that day, in Dieppe, the rain wasn't rain, it was bullets."

- Justin Trudeau

It is naive to think that this was due to "security issues". It didn't seem to cause any issues for Macron or Merkel.

I had planned on staying out of this discussion but can't ignore putting Trump on par with Merkel or Macron in terms of security risk.  I think Trump carries a bullseye on himself with a far far greater number of people versus the European leaders.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Someone listing themselves as "from the former confederate states of america"  using language like "butthurt retard liberals" ? Color me shocked.

Tell me, does it ever tire you out having to find new and creative ways to support  a man who is so obviously a sniveling, cowardly louse? I mean he dodged Vietnam FIVE times!!! FIVE!!! And you already know that about the ways in which he disrespected and humiliated a military family and claimed he "likes people that don't get caught" when referring to war hero John McCain. But I'm sure he's the military champion you think he is.

Hmm...now why would a guy who proudly talks about being from the "former confederate states of america" like Donald Trump? I just can't figure this one out...

It's obvious.  I am racist. I am a black guy who hates black people. Call me Yeezy, brah

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're not using much logic, are you? Those three may already have planned on going by motorcade and the security measures were already in place. I swear, Trump could cure cancer and your erectile dysfunction and you still wouldn't give him any credit.

Let me know when he does something -- ANYTHING -- worthy of praise and we'll see. The Reverse-Robinhood Wealth Grab Tax Cut doesn't count in my book. Neither do his endless golf trips or the "lock her up!" rallies that he's still holding for some reason even though he's already president. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm sure I'll get 20 "you're an idiot" and "what a silly libtard" responses. But I'd really, REALLY love to hear a reasonable defense of Trump's actions here. And while we're at it, Trump STILL hasn't visited our troops, two years into his presidency. What a tough guy he is! And what respect for our military and our veterans! Can't even begin to IMAGINE what the right would have said about Obama if he pulled this crap. What a sniveling, cowardly disgrace of a person he is.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article221467490.html :

12:55 p.m.

The White House is calling off President Donald Trump's scheduled visit to a World War I cemetery due to poor weather.

Trump was slated on Saturday to visit Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near the village of Belleau, France. It's the site of a 1918 battle in which the American and French repelled German forces. More than 1,800 Americans died there.

The battle looms large in the history of the U.S. Marines Corps. Trump was supposed to participate in a wreath-laying and a moment of silence at the site.

It has been raining in Paris all day and the weather prevented Trump from arriving via helicopter to the site, which is more than 50 miles east of the French capital.

White House chief of staff John Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, his wife and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will visit instead.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1061251308974493696

• Some perspective on President Trump canceling his projected visit to the (spectacular, not-to-be-missed) Aisne-Marne memorial and cemetery:

• It's not even 60 miles from central Paris to the monument. If the weather is too wet & windy for helicopters, a presidential motorcade could drive the distance in an hour.

• On site, presidential advance could easily erect a tent to protect the dignitaries (and the the presidential hair-do) from inclement weather

• Visiting the close-to-Paris monument is anyway already a climb-down from what any normally patriotic president would wish to do on the centenary of the 1918 Armistice: pay respects at the Meuse-Argonne cemetery, the large US military burying place in Europe.

It's incredible that a president would travel to France for this significant anniversary - and then remain in his hotel room watching TV rather than pay in person his respects to the Americans who gave their lives in France for the victory gained 100 years ago tomorrow

Remember, there was no need for this trip at all. The president could have laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington, then spoken a few appropriate words.

1. But bottom line: Trump willfully insisted on an unnecessary trip to France to mark the WW1 centenary -then once he got there shirked on grounds of weather the job of honoring those who fought and died in rain and mud 100 years ago

But bottom line: Trump willfully insisted on an unnecessary trip to France to mark the WW1 centenary -then once he got there shirked on grounds of weather the job of honoring those who fought and died in rain and mud 100 years ago http://www.weathercast.co.uk/nc/weather-news/news/article/the_weather_in_1918.html 
    DrpVNtlW4AE7qB2.jpg

•  

None of this is surprising. Doesn't make it any less dismaying. 53,000 US combat deaths. 63,000 dead of disease. 320,000 wounded. These troops fought victoriously alongside allies with whom the US still stands today. It's worth a few miles in a limo, a few words from under a tarp

So we can count on your vote in 2020?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Let me know when he does something -- ANYTHING -- worthy of praise and we'll see. The Reverse-Robinhood Wealth Grab Tax Cut doesn't count in my book. Neither do his endless golf trips or the "lock her up!" rallies that he's still holding for some reason even though he's already president. 

Iran Sanctions? I know it's not as great as just giving them palates of money, but it's a start. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

The White House ALWAYS has a rain plan. Always. 

And no, not boozing yet, but this one should be easy guys. You show up and honor the dead. 

Hearing Trudeau troll Trump just now is just embarrassing for us. 

You're more embarrassing to us on PPP.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

The White House ALWAYS has a rain plan. Always. 

And no, not boozing yet, but this one should be easy guys. You show up and honor the dead. 

Hearing Trudeau troll Trump just now is just embarrassing for us. 

How embarrassing is it on a scale of 0 to having your fake eyebrow fall off?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Now you're just being blind or willfully oblivious. Fine, you made a decent argument about failing to visit the WWI ceremony, but to say he hasn't done anything is just dumb. How's your 401K look these days?

• Like (+1) 1

"Hillary had ***** pneumonia and attended a 9/11 memorial anyway and fainted and Trump and his supporters went bonkers and said she was about to die.

Trump won't stand in the rain for a few minutes to honor the veterans of WWI, and we get total silence from his followers. It's astonishing."

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I'm sure I'll get 20 "you're an idiot" and "what a silly libtard" responses. But I'd really, REALLY love to hear a reasonable defense of Trump's actions here. And while we're at it, Trump STILL hasn't visited our troops, two years into his presidency. What a tough guy he is! And what respect for our military and our veterans! Can't even begin to IMAGINE what the right would have said about Obama if he pulled this crap. What a sniveling, cowardly disgrace of a person he is.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article221467490.html :

12:55 p.m.

The White House is calling off President Donald Trump's scheduled visit to a World War I cemetery due to poor weather.

Trump was slated on Saturday to visit Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near the village of Belleau, France. It's the site of a 1918 battle in which the American and French repelled German forces. More than 1,800 Americans died there.

The battle looms large in the history of the U.S. Marines Corps. Trump was supposed to participate in a wreath-laying and a moment of silence at the site.

It has been raining in Paris all day and the weather prevented Trump from arriving via helicopter to the site, which is more than 50 miles east of the French capital.

White House chief of staff John Kelly, a retired Marine Corps general, his wife and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will visit instead.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1061251308974493696

• Some perspective on President Trump canceling his projected visit to the (spectacular, not-to-be-missed) Aisne-Marne memorial and cemetery:

• It's not even 60 miles from central Paris to the monument. If the weather is too wet & windy for helicopters, a presidential motorcade could drive the distance in an hour.

• On site, presidential advance could easily erect a tent to protect the dignitaries (and the the presidential hair-do) from inclement weather

• Visiting the close-to-Paris monument is anyway already a climb-down from what any normally patriotic president would wish to do on the centenary of the 1918 Armistice: pay respects at the Meuse-Argonne cemetery, the large US military burying place in Europe.

It's incredible that a president would travel to France for this significant anniversary - and then remain in his hotel room watching TV rather than pay in person his respects to the Americans who gave their lives in France for the victory gained 100 years ago tomorrow

Remember, there was no need for this trip at all. The president could have laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington, then spoken a few appropriate words.

1. But bottom line: Trump willfully insisted on an unnecessary trip to France to mark the WW1 centenary -then once he got there shirked on grounds of weather the job of honoring those who fought and died in rain and mud 100 years ago

But bottom line: Trump willfully insisted on an unnecessary trip to France to mark the WW1 centenary -then once he got there shirked on grounds of weather the job of honoring those who fought and died in rain and mud 100 years ago http://www.weathercast.co.uk/nc/weather-news/news/article/the_weather_in_1918.html 
    DrpVNtlW4AE7qB2.jpg

•  

None of this is surprising. Doesn't make it any less dismaying. 53,000 US combat deaths. 63,000 dead of disease. 320,000 wounded. These troops fought victoriously alongside allies with whom the US still stands today. It's worth a few miles in a limo, a few words from under a tarp

I ask myself only the following "What is it that is so off the rails in the life of a Logic that he found a cancelled ceremonial  trip by a US president an issue of major importance?". Who hurt you so, Log? 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Logic said:

Image result for fox news propaganda meme

Memes are fun.

You're still on the collusion train? It's been two years now of you running down here to pipe up about how collusion happened, Trump is going to jail and a traitor... only to end with you running away when asked to provide evidence to support your beliefs.

So, show us some evidence of Russian/Trump collusion. You must have some by now, otherwise why would you still be believing a narrative that has long since been debunked? 

(see, my memes are better because they're accurate reflections of you)

logic.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

not a reasonable defense offered here but a comment about your reference to Obama as compared to Trump. Trumps actions have done more for the US military than Obama ever thought of doing.

Obama extracted us from Iraq, so you are wrong. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Explain to me how it's the President's fault when the Secret Service and USMC cannot securely alter the President's itinerary.

Trump's gotta be hating this.  Poor visuals not having the American President at the ceremony, he seems to enjoy honoring the military and veterans, and all the European big wheels get to have all the spotlight he craves for himself

• Like (+1) 1