Can't help myself but McD cost Peterman a long fruitful career

Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Interesting point. 

Kind of like curtis painter when he collected his paycheque for so many years sitting behind Peyton Manning.

I get what you’re saying. But it could also be looked the other way. Mcd gave him so many opportunities to play, and if he even did half descent, he would have collected a better NFL paycheque for a longer period of time.

At the end of the day Peterman just sucks though and shouldn’t be on a NFL roster 

As said I was having fun.....  Thanks for reminding me of Curtis Painter.  As said TT barely threw a ball prior to being signed by the Bills and had 4 years to watch & learn.  He has done well.

Chase Daniels just blows me away.......  Eli Mannings back-ups probably have done well as have Rivers and other workhorse QB's......

Maybe things would have been different if Peterman had a chance to watch & learn under a smart offensive coach......  A Sliding Doors scenario....

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

He had multiple shots. He blew each one in spectacular career ending fashion. 

You guys are missing the OP's point...His point was that he has killed Peterman's chance to be a decade-long backup who never sees the playing field..and one who has a potential to make 40-50Million as a backup over a decade...Now he could be out of the league by 2019

• Thank you (+1) 2

"McD cost Peterman a long fruitful career".....

....likely worse is that McD's only shot as a HC begins and ends with the Bills.

Just when Pegula gets done paying Ryan for no show work he'll probably start paying McD for the same.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

You guys are missing the OP's point...His point was that he has killed Peterman's chance to be a decade-long backup who never sees the playing field..and one who has a potential to make 40-50Million as a backup over a decade...Now he could be out of the league by 2019

Nope, not even this. If he is out of the league by 2019, which is not a given, it’s not on McDermott. The coach gave him his chance and, sadly, he wasn’t up to the task. Not on the coach at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Nope, not even this. If he is out of the league by 2019, which is not a given, it’s not on McDermott. The coach gave him his chance and, sadly, he wasn’t up to the task. Not on the coach at all. 

He wasn't ready and should never have seen the field beyond mop up duty.....

As said tongue in cheek & while I never want to see Peterman start or succeed for the Bills, as that would be fools gold and we'd (as fans and those on this site) be stuck in multiple threads and back & forths as to his ability or to keep him and trot him out over & over, I do to some extent feel sorry & bad for him.

As said too, this is entriely McD's fault. 

Now I wonder if anyone asks Chase Daniels whether he'd rather have $28,000,000 or have been given the opportunity that NP got?

Oh & thanks to all that got the gist of the thread.......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

I think this should be reversed; Peterman cost McD a long and fruitful career.

Generously, McDermott has one more year to fix a spectacularly awful offense with multiple holes and too few draft picks to plug them.  If he can't pull off that miracle, he's done in Buffalo.

And when he's on the job market, he'll be known as the guy who stubbornly, repeatedly tried to prove that the worst QB who ever took a snap in an NFL game was a starter.  

No GM or owner will ever give him a chance to run an NFL team again.  He'll be hired as a DC, but his long and fruitful career as a HC would be over.

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

I think this should be reversed; Peterman cost McD a long and fruitful career.

Generously, McDermott has one more year to fix a spectacularly awful offense with multiple holes and too few draft picks to plug them.  If he can't pull off that miracle, he's done in Buffalo.

And when he's on the job market, he'll be known as the guy who stubbornly, repeatedly tried to prove that the worst QB who ever took a snap in an NFL game was a starter.  

No GM or owner will ever give him a chance to run an NFL team again.  He'll be hired as a DC, but his long and fruitful career as a HC would be over.

If clappy gets canned he done it to himself......McDummy is the one who continously trotts out Peterman again and again and again and again.....well you get the gist.....

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

What kind of talent evaluation brought him here in the first place?

Peterman or McD?  Peterman was probably fine as a fifth round draft pick.  

McD screwed it all up with his preseason moves in 2017 and thinking Offense is an afterthought.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Peterman or McD?  Peterman was probably fine as a fifth round draft pick.  

McD screwed it all up with his preseason moves in 2017 and thinking Offense is an afterthought.

You mean as a wasted 5th round pick.  Sure you cant hit them all.  Then in the offseason they evaluated a guy who doesn't have NFL talent as their only backup to a rookie!!!  That's brilliant. 

WHO CARES? This is the Not For Long NFL and if that is your actual hope to be a long term backup then the one thing you never ever do is CONSISTANTLY turn the ball over. McD is looking for a Starter.. He has had to put in Peterman out of need more then anything else. You think McD or most of us here really care for one SECOND that him being a long term back up is ruined? You think McD is thinking about this?

all the answers you will see to the questions end up as a NO. He has a college education, something that millions around America cant afford to do and you want us to care about him being a long term backup?

Here is a fact. because he has played at least one regular season game in the last 2 years as a starter, he will earn by end of this season around 1.7 million. his advantage is he gets to use that money to get his masters degree some where and live a rich life not having a College debt. and you want us to pity him? HA

• Like (+1) 1