Can't help myself but McD cost Peterman a long fruitful career

Billsfan1972

21 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

There is still hope for him! Look at Todd Collins. He was our starter and played horribly after that he went on for more than a decade of collecting paychecks sitting on the bench. Never let go of your dreams!

Peterman is no Todd Collins!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

And probably millions of dollars by playing him and making him a whipping boy/punchline.

Looking at the list of NFL back-ups and third-stringers, NP could well have been a very competent back-up QB and one of the greatest pre-season practise players of all-time.  Four years as a back-up with almost no NFL playing time and yes maybe he would have learned, watched and then was given an opportunity much more mature and capable.  Maybe he would have succeeded.

Look at his predecessor Tyrod Taylor.

Very simply I feel somewhat sorry for Peterman and blame McD for creating this sham that all started with him and his dismantling of the O in 2017 and the terrible offensive coaching and playcalling.

They are to blame for putting Peterman in when he wasn't ready and not giving him the tools (players and schemes) to succeed and ruining what as said could have been a nice career as a buck-up.

Are you Nathan Petermans dad or his high school football coach?

On 11/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

They are to blame for putting Peterman in when he wasn't ready and not giving him the tools (players and schemes) to succeed and ruining what as said could have been a nice career as a buck-up.

Don't worry. He'll get a chance to prove himself again--he'll get hired as a third of fourth training camp arm--by some team with the tools.

Though, result will be the same:

32 starters + 32 backups +  6 fringe players = 70 NFL quality QB's exist in this world.

Nate is probably #80

The no namer starting for the Bills today is probably #85

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Don't worry. He'll get a chance to prove himself again--he'll get hired as a third of fourth training camp arm--by some team with the tools.

Though, result will be the same:

32 starters + 32 backups +  6 fringe players = 70 NFL quality QB's exist in this world.

Nate is probably #80

The no namer starting for the Bills today is probably #85

Nothing that great about Barkley, but he's already demonstrated in his career that he's better than Peterman. 

59 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was a tongue in cheek post..  I blame McD for the mess and was only commenting if Peterman remained on the bench, where he belonged how long would his career have lasted.

I appreciate the clarification. 

If only Peterman could have remained an anonymous backup never pressed into service, forever. There have been QBs who’ve made careers as backups never seeing the field except in mop up duty. 

I dont fault McD too much for trying to get a spark out of the team when he started Peterman in SD. It didn’t work out and McD ended the experiment after that disastrous half of football.

But unless Peterman is the epitome of the Jekyll and Hyde persona, where he is lights out as a practice player and gives the coaches hope he can translate that to games, then McD and Co. deserve to be called out for their total inability to see his talent for what it truly is. 

And that is VERY concerning moving forward.

Edited by K-9

56 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It was a tongue in cheek post..  I blame McD for the mess and was only commenting if Peterman remained on the bench, where he belonged how long would his career have lasted.

But his career shouldn't have ever lasted haha. This is a good thing we're not paying him a dime to be worse than useless backup.... Wait he's still getting paid isn't he 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

There have been QBs who’ve made careers as backups never seeing the field except in mop up duty. 

A few.. and if the starter goes down they're exposed and it's the coaches/GM's ***es on the line, and total team tire fire if Peterman goes in. That's why the Ty Detmers of the world were competent in their few games starting. Every coach in their right mind wants a backup that can play in relief lol, ask McCarthy about Brett Hundley being his chosen backup. He done messed up.

He didn't cost Nate a LONG career, but I'm sure he did take some $$$ out of his pocket by aggressively accelerating his career and exposing him in the manner he did.

Nate would have been better off had he been hidden in the background for a while, holding a clipboard.

But eventually even that wouldn't have lasted.  

Ask EJ Manuel what I'm talking about.

45 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

A few.. and if the starter goes down they're exposed and it's the coaches/GM's ***es on the line, and total team tire fire if Peterman goes in. That's why the Ty Detmers of the world were competent in their few games starting. Every coach in their right mind wants a backup that can play in relief lol, ask McCarthy about Brett Hundley being his chosen backup. He done messed up.

Right, which is why I’m referring to that “few” who never see the light of day except in mop up duty and sparing themselves and their coaches the full exposure to their total lack of ability as a QB. 

One would think that seeing their work in practice on a day to day basis would be enough to clue them in, but apparently not in some cases.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Right, which is why I’m referring to that “few” who never see the light of day except in mop up duty and sparing themselves and their coaches the full exposure to their total lack of ability as a QB. 

One would think that seeing their work in practice on a day to day basis would be enough to clue them in, but apparently not in some cases.

Sounded like you were saying you would have wanted that for Peterman. Not sure your stand. I just want the right talent getting paid, not backups wrongfully paid on the basis they never see the field and coaches are too dumb to know they're an injury away from starting a horrible Quarterback.

I'm pro Bell and anti Peterman. A game literally funded to be entertainment should have merit based contracts not dumb luck landing somewhere where you are horrible and backing up Eli Manning or somebody his whole career.

Tyrod was apparently an excellent QB should Flacco have gone down. And he'd have deserved every penny backing up Flacco as opposed to hypothetical Pete.

2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sounded like you were saying you would have wanted that for Peterman. Not sure your stand. I just want the right talent getting paid, not backups wrongfully paid on the basis they never see the field and coaches are too dumb to know they're an injury away from starting a horrible Quarterback.

I'm pro Bell and anti Peterman. A game literally funded to be entertainment should have merit based contracts not dumb luck landing somewhere where you are horrible and backing up Eli Manning or somebody his whole career.

Tyrod was apparently an excellent QB should Flacco have gone down. And he'd have deserved every penny backing up Flacco as opposed to hypothetical Pete.

Once the OP clarified that his post was tongue in cheek, I understood. My response was also tongue in cheek.

But I’ll be serious for a moment: Peterman has not taken advantage of his opportunity and has shown himself to be lacking, to say the last. The coaching staff apparently sees that, too. Finally. As I said, unless Peterman is the greatest practice QB in history, it’s beyond concerning it took the staff this long. Unless Barkley gets hurt and barring further injuries the remainder of the season, we’ve seen the last of Peterman and today will be his last day in a Bills uni. 

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Once the OP clarified that his post was tongue in cheek, I understood. My response was also tongue in cheek.

But I’ll be serious for a moment: Peterman has not taken advantage of his opportunity and has shown himself to be lacking, to say the last. The coaching staff apparently sees that, too. Finally. As I said, unless Peterman is the greatest practice QB in history, it’s beyond concerning it took the staff this long. Unless Barkley gets hurt and barring further injuries the remainder of the season, we’ve seen the last of Peterman and today will be his last day in a Bills uni. 

Well sir.. he just might be the greatest practice quarterback in NFL history. The GOAT

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bon Voyage!

Bears defense >>>>>>>>>> Jets defense.

Again shameful by McDermott to make Peterman play the toughest defenses. The receivers couldn't get any seperation or catch.

The Jets defense is absolutely pathetic today. Even the running game is going wild. Peterman would be picking them apart too.