Can't help myself but McD cost Peterman a long fruitful career

Billsfan1972

And probably millions of dollars by playing him and making him a whipping boy/punchline.

Looking at the list of NFL back-ups and third-stringers, NP could well have been a very competent back-up QB and one of the greatest pre-season practise players of all-time.  Four years as a back-up with almost no NFL playing time and yes maybe he would have learned, watched and then was given an opportunity much more mature and capable.  Maybe he would have succeeded.

Look at his predecessor Tyrod Taylor.

Very simply I feel somewhat sorry for Peterman and blame McD for creating this sham that all started with him and his dismantling of the O in 2017 and the terrible offensive coaching and playcalling.

They are to blame for putting Peterman in when he wasn't ready and not giving him the tools (players and schemes) to succeed and ruining what as said could have been a nice career as a buck-up.
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And probably millions of dollars by playing him and making him a whipping boy/punchline.

Looking at the list of NFL back-ups and third-stringers, NP could well have been a very competent back-up QB and one of the greatest pre-season practise players of all-time.  Four years as a back-up with almost no NFL playing time and yes maybe he would have learned, watched and then was given an opportunity much more mature and capable.  Maybe he would have succeeded.

Look at his predecessor Tyrod Taylor.

Very simply I feel somewhat sorry for Peterman and blame McD for creating this sham that all started with him and his dismantling of the O in 2017 and the terrible offensive coaching and playcalling.

They are to blame for putting Peterman in when he wasn't ready and not giving him the tools (players and schemes) to succeed and ruining what as said could have been a nice career as a buck-up.

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095be6e7107665675567

What in Peterman's game says "competent back-up QB"?   He simply does NOT have an NFL caliber arm which is a prerequisite for even a backup QB.  There are so many QBs available with good/adequate arms who are lacking in other aspects of QB play  (which is why they don't/didn't make good starters) that a QB without at least a decent arm doesn't stand much chance to last very long.

It was tongue in cheek and a reference to a # of QB's who have toiled in anonymity for years as a back-up and actually make good money and seldom see the field. 

As a fifth round pick if he was as luck as Tyrod (who I do like), he'd have learned for 4 yards, seldom seen trhe field, earned decent money and then get an opportunity and maybe better results.

Conversely we have Dak Prescott who had a great situation, an offense that when he first played masked his flaws and shorcomings and he looked like a banafide competent QB.  

Now when he is asked to throw and lead the Cowboys it is a different story. 

Interesting point. 

Kind of like curtis painter when he collected his paycheque for so many years sitting behind Peyton Manning.

I get what you’re saying. But it could also be looked the other way. Mcd gave him so many opportunities to play, and if he even did half descent, he would have collected a better NFL paycheque for a longer period of time.

At the end of the day Peterman just sucks though and shouldn’t be on a NFL roster 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Interesting point. 

Kind of like curtis painter when he collected his paycheque for so many years sitting behind Peyton Manning.

I get what you’re saying. But it could also be looked the other way. Mcd gave him so many opportunities to play, and if he even did half descent, he would have collected a better NFL paycheque for a longer period of time.

At the end of the day Peterman just sucks though and shouldn’t be on a NFL roster 

It has been a full descent into the depths of NFL QB infamy with histoically wretched performances. Time for Petermania to mercifully come to an end.

• Like (+1) 1