Joe Ferguson video

4.6% lifetime. Nice try....

On 11/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, rockpile said:

For many of his years, his interceptions and sacks exceeded his touchdown passes, but he was good enough to be the Bills starting QB for twelve years.

That tells you the miserable TEAM play was not all on him. :w00t:  

His career stats make him a perhaps average QB on a poor team. Imagine him on the 70's Steelers or Dolphins! 

BTW, in Ground Chuck's five years as head coach, he had only TWO winning seasons. But under Knox, Fergie had his four BEST career QB ratings, when he played 16 games. 

He played backup for the Lions, Bucs and Colts after leaving Buffalo, Just shy of 30,000 passing yards.

I am a Ferguson fan, too!

I always said they cut Ferguson, wearing #12 in 1984, in the hopes of signing Jim Kelly, who took #12 to the Houston Gamblers.

Ferguson has said that the head hanging was misinterpreted. He said he was already thinking about what he would do when he got the ball back, and was making plans. Someone should have told him how that was perceived negatively by anyone looking at him. 

His career INT rate was almost 15% per attempt too. :bag:

4.6% lifetime. Nic try......

On 11/10/2018 at 9:38 AM, PearlHowardman said:

Amazing!

Compare Joe Ferguson to Josh Allen.  Ferguson was (at times) a tough, competitive QB.  Josh Allen is sitting on the sideline with a SpongeBob SquarePants band-aid over his elbow boo-boo.

Note:  The Buffalo Bills don't develop quarterbacks, they ruin quarterbacks.

:mellow:

Current athletes don’t hold a candle to the guys from back then. Same goes for all the other major sports.

Guy gets a cut and he’s out for two weeks. Guys played with broken limbs every week.

QB development today isn’t the same as yesteryear. There is an instant gratification mentality today and you see it on this board.

Back in Fergies day a team drafted and stuck with that guy for the most part. It took years for those QBs to hone their craft.

It would require the same today but fans and teams want it NOW.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:39 PM, row_33 said:

Some have Flutie as the GOAT for the Bills

You have to swear an informal oath to always have a "Coat" to be mad at on TBD!

On 11/13/2018 at 8:53 AM, rockpile said:

I stand corrected! 

If you read my full post again, it was not a shot at Ferguson. I liked him! 

Great posts all the way on Fergy rockpile!

QB development today isn’t the same as yesteryear. There is an instant gratification mentality today and you see it on this board.

Back in Fergies day a team drafted and stuck with that guy for the most part. It took years for those QBs to hone their craft.

It would require the same today but fans and teams want it NOW.

Fergy was a wide-eyed rookie in '73. Only threw 6 TD passes all year, but he didn't have to do much more with OJ behind him and the Electric Company in front of him. It wasn't until his 3rd season in '75 that he really blossomed into a solid NFL QB. That team had a great offense, but a lousy defense otherwise they could have made the playoffs and done some damage. You really need to give QBs 3 years but there's so much pressure to see if you have "the guy" with CBA and when you have to make decisions on 5th year options.