Joe Ferguson video

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t watch the video and was never really a big Ferguson fan...but that playoff game against the Chargers where he played on one leg was one was of the gutsiest things I’ve ever witnessed in sports. He earned a ton of respect that day!

Ferguson was all man in that game and many times throughout his career.

The head down thing was my only problem with him.

• Like (+1) 1

He survived some really bad teams. They were 3-11 at one point in '77 and he rebounded under Chuck Knox to become one of the better QBs in the game a few seasons later. We should take note that he needed weapons around him to be successful and he didn't always have that here. In some ways he had less to deal with then what we have now.  I will always be a fan and respect him for what he did as a Bill.

Edited by GRHater69
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Joe Ferguson, in my judgment, was a very good QB and underrated by many Buffalo Bills fans and certain members of the media.

As someone else wrote above, I would be very happy to have him now.

He would get crucified by this board!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Amazing!

Compare Joe Ferguson to Josh Allen.  Ferguson was (at times) a tough, competitive QB.  Josh Allen is sitting on the sideline with a SpongeBob SquarePants band-aid over his elbow boo-boo.

I guess you advocate him blowing up his elbow and ruining his career like so many others who had the UCL injury. 

In a non playoff year. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

He survived some really bad teams. They were 3-11 at one point in '77 and he rebounded under Chuck Knox to become one of the better QBs in the game a few seasons later. We should take note that he needed weapons around him to be successful and he didn't always have that here. In some ways he had less to deal with then what we have now.  I will always be a fan and respect him for what he did as a Bill.

Great post and very accurate; many who spew nonsense daily on this board have no concept of the 1968, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, or 1985 season; we I am ready to give the current regime some time! 

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I guess you advocate him blowing up his elbow and ruining his career like so many others who had the UCL injury. 

In a non playoff year. 

11 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Amazing!

Compare Joe Ferguson to Josh Allen.  Ferguson was (at times) a tough, competitive QB.  Josh Allen is sitting on the sideline with a SpongeBob SquarePants band-aid over his elbow boo-boo.

Note:  The Buffalo Bills don't develop quarterbacks, they ruin quarterbacks.

:mellow:

Really assinine post!!

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen is sitting on the sideline with a SpongeBob SquarePants band-aid over his elbow boo-boo.

Note:  The Buffalo Bills don't develop quarterbacks, they ruin quarterbacks.

The first comment is odd and at odds with the second comment above. Josh Allen is a very raw QB.  I have no idea whether he will be a franchise QB.

I do know that we did him no favors putting him behind that offensive line and not giving him particularly good wide receivers.  

The only thing worse that we could do is put him behind that offense line without adequate wide receivers while injured.

• Like (+1) 1

How come we never really see Ferguson honored by the team? Unless someone can refresh my memory, I don't seem to recall him being at a game or anything in the last 20 years? I'd love to see him lead the charge and get re-acclimated with the team as an alumni. I hope there's no bad blood there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, fridge said:

How come we never really see Ferguson honored by the team? Unless someone can refresh my memory, I don't seem to recall him being at a game or anything in the last 20 years? I'd love to see him lead the charge and get re-acclimated with the team as an alumni. I hope there's no bad blood there.

Good point.

I wonder if it has something to do with health issues.  

If I recall correctly, he was battling cancer.  I think he is in remission. I hope so. He always seemed like a very decent human being.  He also was a very good QB in my view and a great teammate who never seemed to complain.  There were some in the press and fans who targeted him for criticism. Larry Felser was one of them. Nevertheless, Fergie never seemed to let that bother him.

46 minutes ago, fridge said:

He's been at a couple alumni banquets. 

Kelly was the best Bills QB for my 45 years

Big gap in talent to get to Joe at 2, he was good, last seen with the Lions getting KTFO against the Bears in the mid 80s

and nobody honestly is worth discussing at 3

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Josh Allen is a very raw QB.  I have no idea whether he will be a franchise QB.

I do know that we did him no favors putting him behind that offensive line and not giving him particularly good wide receivers.  

The only thing worse that we could do is put him behind that offense line without adequate wide receivers while injured.

Translation:  The Buffalo Bills are ruining Josh Allen.  Just like the Buffalo Bills have ruined their last 2, 3, 4 quarterbacks - I've lost count.

8-8 forever!

59 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Kelly was the best Bills QB for my 45 years

Big gap in talent to get to Joe at 2, he was good, last seen with the Lions getting KTFO against the Bears in the mid 80s

and nobody honestly is worth discussing at 3

Guess you're too young to recall Jack Kemp.

• Like (+1) 1