Kyle William's...my gut tells me he comes back.

Hebert19

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Probably wishes he left last year on a high note!

In all seriousness, one thing I would like to know about McD is what kind of relationship he has with his vet leaders, how much time he spends with them, etc.

Last year we got a glimpse into the locker room with post-game speeches when they won and some nice moments between McDermott and Kyle. They appeared  to be in lock step to me. I also remember Dareus looking like a bystander in at least one before he was shipped out. We don't get that type of insight with all of the losses this year.

3 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

IF, and i mean IF...Josh Allen ends up finishing the year strong, and then they stock the offensive cupboards in the off season, then this team might just have a chance to make a bit of noise. the defense is pretty solid. and if the offense can actually put some points up on teams, then this will be a whole different ball game. literally.

If wishes were fishes - we would all be fishermen....sorry dude - not gonna happen.  The Rolling Ball Of Butcher Knives is rolling outa town.....with much ado fanfare....fare thee well Kyle - it's too damn bad the FO never put a decent team around ya brother.....

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

If wishes were fishes - we would all be fishermen....sorry dude - not gonna happen.  The Rolling Ball Of Butcher Knives is rolling outa town.....with much ado fanfare....fare thee well Kyle - it's too damn bad the FO never put a decent team around ya brother.....

dude...why are you pooping in my punch bowl?

11 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s done.

He has had a fine year but that position has grinded up and spit out men much younger.

Time to enjoy his family.

....yup....and can begin writing his eventual Wall of Fame induction speech....stay tuned.............

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think there is any chance he comes back next year.  If the Bills were going to be a contender next year, there would be a chance, but, unfortunately, the Bills need too much help ( 2 wide outs, 3 o-linemen, tight end,, and probably 2 DBs) to get back to being a playoff team.  Great guy and a great player, I think it's retirement time for Kyle.

It would be interesting to see the snaps played at the end of the year and if he's comfortble with that number being the same or decreasing to a point where he sees the field solely as a pass rusher. Same with Lorax, I want him rushing the passer only and not seeing him chasing RBs as a LB, that's not his game anymore

I would like to see those two come back, but it would be interesting to see what kind of leadeship emerges without them in the lockeroom.

Kyle is the epitome of the consummate professional. He has worked his tail off and been here for what seems like forever. I think his run is at it's end. I highly doubt he returns next season, though I would not mind in any way if he did return. I could see him ending up working for one of the sports networks as an analyst of some sort. 

I think Jordan Philips has played really well from what I have seen. If, IF he stays consistent, I'd say take the money you were going to pay Williams and use it to resign Philips (not that money should be that big of an issue for this team next year.)

Its not that I don't like Williams, I do...and I think he is still pretty good...but better for both the player and the team to leave on time rather than stay one year too long.

If I was in front office I'd offer him a contract with it heavily weighted on number of snaps and be open about it saying they want him in rotation but not expecting him to take a lot of snaps in preseason and during season.  There would be a clause paying him bonus any game he was put on inactive list as well.

He would not make as much as he is this year but would be taking a lot less of a beating and be getting a lot more than he would than as non-player, even if he decided to go into coaching.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ned Kelly said:

Would someone like Kyle have much input regarding his replacement?

ie.  Curious...Does anyone know if it is un/common to seek the advice of veteran players regarding potential draft picks/replacements or who they want alongside them?

My guess is that it would be more likely to seek opinions from rookies/2nd year players who played with/against the potential picks.

The GM who bases his selections on the opinion of players will probably be looking for a new job soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1