Kyle William's...my gut tells me he comes back.

Hebert19

The division will be wide open next year because this is it for New England.  For real.

There is a reason they need to run it 30x a game now.  They always could do that but didnt bc of Brady.  But Brady is losing it.  Not the same QB he was last season.  

They are very very beatable.

I am not sure Kyle comes back. I can see him taking another 1 year deal esp if he feels the team can be special in 2019. But in the end i think the deal will come down to how he feels physically and mentally. Kyle will get a solid 1 year offer if he wants to play.I think money or the team's future is the deciding factor

On 11/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s done.

He has had a fine year but that position has grinded up and spit out men much younger.

Time to enjoy his family.

I read this thread and this is the 1st response.

I think you're almost certainly wrong. 

McDermott has had our DL on a pretty serious rotation with Star, the Phillips twins, Kyle and Shaq on occasion.

Yet, Kyle is constantly getting sacks, pressures and tackles for losses.

And he's the friggin heart and soul of this team.

How old are you?

I get the sense you don't really know much about football or haven't watched this team much...

or you're just looking for...

LOL-Trol-Face.gif

On 11/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, Hebert19 said:

Hes playing at a high level.  Hes healthy.  And he wont want to go out like this.  

Thoughts.  Hope hes got another year in him. 

Completely agree.

I think McDermott will want both him and Lorax back for one more year. But he might not come back, so we'll see.

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I read this thread and this is the 1st response.

I think you're almost certainly wrong. 

McDermott has had our DL on a pretty serious rotation with Star, the Phillips twins, Kyle and Shaq on occasion.

Yet, Kyle is constantly getting sacks, pressures and tackles for losses.

And he's the friggin heart and soul of this team.

How old are you?

I get the sense you don't really know much about football or haven't watched this team much...

or you're just looking for...

LOL-Trol-Face.gif

Completely agree.

I think McDermott will want both him and Lorax back for one more year. But he might not come back, so we'll see.

I said he’s done as in he will want to walk away from the game. Not because of performance, which I said was good.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Well, maybe not.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

I want him to come back and be on a team that wins in the playoffs, but honestly we're a couple years away from that. Last year was a tease and it sucked Kyle into believing the coach was special. I think he retires and there's no shame there.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I said he’s done as in he will want to walk away from the game. Not because of performance, which I said was good.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Well, maybe not.

You didn't write much.  And the way you wrote "time for him to go enjoy his family" sure made it sound like you didn't want him around anymore.

Kyle will say "I need to think about it for a little while" to end the year.

Then McDermott will convince him to come back for one more year, and he will.

Kyle is a grinder.  He loves the grind.  And he hasn't remotely slowed down.

Like a fine wine, he's gettin better with age.

He'll be back for a 1 year contract.  I think Lorax will, too.

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You didn't write much.  And the way you wrote "time for him to go enjoy his family" sure made it sound like you didn't want him around anymore.

I don't want to get in your battle but how did you come to that conclusion?  It seems just like a basic statement.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s done.

He has had a fine year but that position has grinded up and spit out men much younger.

People been saying Kyle id done for like 6 straight years

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Fine. He may very well be back. What I wrote is an opinion which also contained he is having a good year.

I don’t see what made you so upset about what I posted.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Isn’t his contract up?  No way do the Bills do a long-term deal with him.

To answer my own question, yes, his deal is done this year.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/buffalo-bills/

If he does come back it would likely be on a one-year deal only.

He's on a one year deal this year.  His long-term contract expired at the end of 2017.  This quote from an interview with Vic Carucci (last month after the loss to the Texans) kinda says it all...This is a player that goes on the wall the year after he decides to hang it up....

BN: How difficult was it for you to accept that pay cut?

KW: I could have gone elsewhere for more money, but didn't really entertain that. At the end of the day, I'm a Buffalo Bill. Compared to what I made the year before, a million bucks, a half a million bucks, at a certain point it comes down to, who are you? What's your legacy? And I think, at the end of the day, I'm a Buffalo Bill. And I want to stay that way.

Edited by JoeF

Kyle is one of the few players I would let him make the decision for the team.

He is the kind of a guy who IF his heart is into it and he honestly thinks his body can go another year

the team could trust him on it.

They got 5 million to keep him as a leader/mentor for another year if that's what HE wants.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't want to get in your battle but how did you come to that conclusion?  It seems just like a basic statement.

Don't want to get in the battle... but you will anyway I see :flirt:

He’s done.

An ambiguous statement.  Could go either way.  But in sports, when people say "he's done," it's often preceded by the phrase (implicitly or explicitly) "stick a fork in him," and is synonymous with "he's toast."

Regardless, still ambiguous. 

The bolded sure sounds like someone saying "if he comes back for another year, he'll regret it."  And the "he'll regret it" wouldn't be because of the work he has to put in.  Kyle is obviously a guy who loves to work.  Any Bills fan knows that. 

Seems to imply that he'll regret it because his play will drastically diminish.

That's how I came to that conclusion.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

An ambiguous statement.  Could go either way.  But in sports, when people say "he's done," it's often preceded by the phrase (implicitly or explicitly) "stick a fork in him," and is synonymous with "he's toast."

The bolded sure sounds like someone saying "if he comes back for another year, he'll regret it."  And the "he'll regret it" wouldn't be because of the work he has to put in.  Kyle is obviously a guy who loves to work.  Any Bills fan knows that. 

Nope.

I just meant that his body has been through hell. There is no more physically demanding position is all of sports....with the exception of a pure nose tackle.

Again, I said he has played well this season. 

Edited by Binghamton Beast

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Kyle is one of the few players I would let him make the decision for the team.

He is the kind of a guy who IF his heart is into it and he honestly thinks his body can go another year

the team could trust him on it.

They got 5 million to keep him as a leader/mentor for another year if that's what HE wants.

Agree with all of this 100%

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And 100% with this