Josh allen is mcbeans cam newton

Lafromboise

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think McDermott and Beane have higher hopes for Josh Allen than Cam Newton''s ceiling.  Yes, they are both big athletic guys, but I think Beane is hoping that Allen will eventually be better at reading defenses and distributing the ball than Newton.

What could the Bills possibly have seen in Josh Allen’s college tape that indicates he could have a higher upside than Cam Newton? 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Cam lit college football on fire, won the Heisman, and was OPOY of the SEC. 

Our guy was not even the best QB in the Mountain West. He better be dynamite next year, the clock is ticking. 

Honorable Mention.  Not even 2nd or 3rd team All-Mountain West

Rocky Long, long time NCAA football coach, current SDSU coach has been quoting saying how he’s gameplaned for a lot of QBs & you can tell who has pro potential & he never saw it in Josh Allen

Edited by uticaclub

I'm pretty sure that Beane thinks he saw a Cam clone in Allen. I don't think he based his decision on the notion that Allen has a higher ceiling. I think he will consider it job one well done if Allen can develop into a reasonable facsimili of Cam, and I believe that to be the objective. I don't think Beane reasonably expects Allen ever to be known as an accurate passer the way Drew Bree's is accurate. I think he will be fully satisfied if Allen can become the passer Cam is because with a decent ground game, to which Allen (like Cam) can contribute, a decent O-line and WRs, that will be good enuf as far as the offensive side of things is concerned (in his opinion). 

And that is asking a lot actually. 

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What could the Bills possibly have seen in Josh Allen’s college tape that indicates he could have a higher upside than Cam Newton? 

College tape is only part of the evaluation process.  Interviews are a huge part.  I think fans underestimate their importance.  Then there is the Wonderlic that everybody loves to hate.  I think the powers that be in the NFL have retained the use of the Wonderlic for a reason.

11 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

These guys hear words and just regurgitate them. Allen has shown nothing as far as reading defenses and distributing the ball better. What does distributing the ball better even really mean? It's just some cliche. 

Sounds like something I'll put on my resume.

I played quarterback when I was 12, so basically I was involved in "Sporting Goods Distribution" at quite a young age.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Cam also put up one of the best rookie seasons ever. Allen has looked like a very raw rookie (which isn't unexpected) they only comparable they had are their big frames and insane arm strength. 

That being said Allen will be the starting QB next season, hopefully they massively upgrade the offensive talent and adjust the scheme to his strengths and mask his weaknesses. After seeing what he has in 2019 they will make a longer term decision on his future although no matter what he is going to get a shot to be the stater in 2020.

If he looks like he did this year, next year, I'm not sure he will be starter in 2020.

22 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Cam lit college football on fire, won the Heisman, and was OPOY of the SEC. 

Our guy was not even the best QB in the Mountain West. He better be dynamite next year, the clock is ticking. 

Brady wasn't even a full time starter at Michigan and Tebow had the same awards as Cam ..what's your point?

1 hour ago, Tazor Face said:

Brady wasn't even a full time starter at Michigan and Tebow had the same awards as Cam ..what's your point?

There's a Tom Brady in every draft right? A broken clock is right twice a day, you still need to replace the batteries to give yourself the best chance to know what time it is...

Tebow also couldn't throw a football (isn't that crazy, a QB that sucks at throwing) and was drafted in the first somehow. Tim was more of a playmaker than an arm. 

The point is, I can't believe I really have to explain this, that Cam is a ***** comparison to JA as are Brady and Tebow. Anymore excuses?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

There's a Tom Brady in every draft right? A broken clock is right twice a day, you still need to replace the batteries to give yourself the best chance to know what time it is...

Tebow also couldn't throw a football (isn't that crazy, a QB that sucks at throwing) and was drafted in the first somehow. Tim was more of a playmaker than an arm. 

The point is, I can't believe I really have to explain this, that Cam is a ***** comparison to JA as are Brady and Tebow. Anymore excuses?

Maybe you should contact the nfl and get an application... The pay millions of dollars for people to analyze potential players, people who routinely get it wrong. I'm sure they would love to have someone so sure of who will be successful in this league

22 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

And there it is.

22 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

If we're gambling it sounds like you're praying for the 1% chance Allen is better than an MVP quarterback and hoping he's not less than or equal to a MVP quarterback. Cut your losses and stop at "good god thank our lucky stars we have someone as good as Cam" because that's really damn hard to come by. And I'm speaking to McBeane if you're speaking for them.

I'm certainly not saying Josh Allen is better than Cam Newton right now.  I do not know if he will be better some day, though I think the odds of that are considerably better than one percent..  What I'm saying is it is not unreasonable that McBeane believe there is a chance he will be better eventually, which is more in line with the topic of the thread.  After all, the Bills drafted Allen at 6 overall, and traded up to do it.  Newton is a real good QB, and an athletic freak, but he has clear weaknesses, and if I'm not mistaken has won MVP honors only once in his career.   When  people talk about the great QBs in the game right now Cam Newton is not in the conversation.  Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady are the names you hear, and then Pat Mahomes and Jared Goff are the names of the potential next great QBs.

8 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Newton is a real good QB, and an athletic freak, but he has clear weaknesses, and if I'm not mistaken has won MVP honors only once in his career.

I'm not knocking you personally, but that is one of the most ridiculous takes I've ever seen.

He's only won MVP honors once? Cam is a unique talent that gets overlooked because people don't quite know what to make of him. His success cannot be questioned.

Josh Allen is the worst rated passer in the NFL(besides the Peterman and Anderson of course.)

I'll be happy if Allen makes a Pro Bowl. An MVP season seems unlikely at this point. One percent seems about right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Josh Allen is the worst rated passer in the NFL(besides the Peterman and Anderson of course.)

I suspect that if you asked Beane if he expected Allen to be one of the worst rated passers in the NFL, he would tell you he's not terribly shocked, but he still took him 6th overall.  It was known he was raw when he was drafted, and the Bills had a plan which, had it worked out as expected would have kept him on the bench most or all of the season.  McCarron or Peterman was going to start and be reasonably successful.  The only circumstances under which Allen might start were to be if he surprised the Bills by being better than expected sooner than expected.  They had no idea McCarron and Peterman were going to be so ineffective.  Yet that has nothing to do with their high expectations for Allen, once he has a chance to correct the deficiencies in his background and transition fully to the pro game.  You don't draft a player as highly as the Bills drafted Josh Allen unless your expectations are very, very high.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

if I'm not mistaken has won MVP honors only once in his career.

If I'm not mistaken Jim Kelly has won MVP honors only zero times in his career. BECAUSE IT'S ****ING HARD.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

It was known he was raw when he was drafted, and the Bills had a plan which, had it worked out as expected would have kept him on the bench most or all of the season.

But that plan didn't work out did it? Because that plan was contingent on not having the worst Quarterback ever being the #1 of 2 Quarterbacks. WHO WOULDA KNOWN WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. MCBEANE JUST GOT SUPER UNLUCKY STARTING THEIR QUARTERBACK TOO EARLY AFTER PETERMAN BLEW IT.

1. Any good NFL Quarterback should be able to servicable rookie year. Why draft one you wouldn't expect to be? Name me projects pegged as couldn't start for 2 years but could be HOF later.

2. The Bills had a terrible way to keep him on the bench if that was so precious to them. They came in with a hopefule franchise QB and Nate

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Tazor Face said:

Maybe you should contact the nfl and get an application... The pay millions of dollars for people to analyze potential players, people who routinely get it wrong. I'm sure they would love to have someone so sure of who will be successful in this league

And as expected the same generic ***** response. "You made a good point so instead of responding intelligently, WHY DON'T YOU SEND AN APPLICATION WAHHHHH". 

3 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

And as expected the same generic ***** response. "You made a good point so instead of responding intelligently, WHY DON'T YOU SEND AN APPLICATION WAHHHHH". 

Why don't you run the bills?! Lmao you probably woulda played all your chips on Peterman instead of being a rational poster criticizing the circus show /s

6 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Making a reference that there is historic proof that your comment is irrelevant is unintelligent??