Brandon Beane: "As Long as I'm in Charge, We're Never Tanking"

19 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Ohh no? Hey let's put in Barkley who's been here 4 minutes with a dumbed down game plan for Sunday against a decent jets D. Yep looks like all out effort to me for sure.

THEY HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE!

Well Beane , you didn't plan on it but with the moves you made on offense this should have been expected . 

Your mistake was not redoing the offense all at once.

I stated many times over the summer who we should have gotten so won't do that again here but we should have gotten 3 high quality Olineman to replace the ones we lost along with two WRs and a TE.

This upcoming draft has tons of elite defensive talent as well as being solid throughout and we could have focused on defense , now we MUST focus on the offense. Not saying don't get any defensive players just that the majority of the picks and the high ones at that should be offense.

I can live if the first pick is defense if the player is elite but after that it has to be offense.

If this was a tank, you give Beane a raise. If this is him trying to win, you show him the door. Hopefully this is all just PR nonsense, and there's a wink and a smile behind closed doors. If not, this scares the hell out of me, and there's no way I trust them with signing bloated 5 year deals for next year's version of Trent Murphy. Speaking of, if they don't exercise the year one out they have on that deal this offseason, that tells us all we need to know going into 2019.

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its utterly hilarious that you and some others are utterly oblivious to the fact that BOTH Beane and McD on MANY occasions have said how important a strong passing game is.  Even more baffling that you guys are so blind, deaf, or something that you can’t see they had ONE DRAFT together and addressed the most important position first and have not yet begun the offensive rebuild outside of the QB yet.

Your post is so out of whack with reality 

McDermott/Beane can yap all they want about much they supposedly value a strong passing game but their actions say that they don't value it AT ALL.  

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Well Beane , you didn't plan on it but with the moves you made on offense this should have been expected . 

Your mistake was not redoing the offense all at once.

I stated many times over the summer who we should have gotten so won't do that again here but we should have gotten 3 high quality Olineman to replace the ones we lost along with two WRs and a TE.

This upcoming draft has tons of elite defensive talent as well as being solid throughout and we could have focused on defense , now we MUST focus on the offense. Not saying don't get any defensive players just that the majority of the picks and the high ones at that should be offense.

I can live if the first pick is defense if the player is elite but after that it has to be offense.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  My guess is that they won't draft offense before Day Three.

Edited by SoTier

Derek Anderson, Matt Barkley.  Check and mate Mr. Beane.

Beane was just interviewed by the local sports TV guys and said that the cap situation was "a mess" and they "made a calculated decision to eat all the contracts this season" in order to clear the way for next season.  That's about as close to a "yes we are tanking" as you will get from a GM.

Edited by CodeMonkey

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

McDermott/Beane can yap all they want about much they supposedly value a strong passing game but their actions say that they don't value it AT ALL.  

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  My guess is that they won't draft offense before Day Three.

Stop, 

1-on-1 with Bills GM Brandon Beane

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - On a four game losing streak and enduring one of the toughest stretches offensively, News 4 Sports Director Josh Reed sat down with Bills General Manager Brandon Beane to breakdown the the first nine weeks of the season.

At 2-7, Beane knows their is frustration and disappointment with the performance of the team, but believes the Bills can turn things around.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:45 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This paints a highly unappealing picture.

Either this is Beane and McDermott trying their best to win, and failing miserably due to questionable personnel choices and players making dumb mistakes that often equate to bad coaching

OR

It's Beane lying through his teeth

OR

Beane's not in charge and we have a rookie coach and/or an owner making the final personnel calls

I think they took the guards off this season and just played everyone they thought could amount to something and let the players prove them right or wrong. We have some young WRs that might turn out to be ok and we've been churning the roster at that position like crazy. They have been rotating guys through OL, due to injuries and one moron who retired in the middle of a game they have been rotating players through at CB and MLB. Next year will be better, but I don't expect more than 5 wins this season.

On 11/9/2018 at 1:20 PM, plenzmd1 said:

whats the difference between tanking and "growth mode"???just semantics..

they knew they were going to lose this year...but that does not mean they wanted to I guess. The Sabres WANTED to lose.

Yep.  Beane said it himself -- they could have done some "tricked up" things to try and win immediately but made the decision to bite the dead cap bullet now so they can start fresh.  They aren't "intentionally losing" -- i.e., tanking -- but they are making decisions pertaining to the future rather than 2018.  And I'm ok with it.  The team plays hard for McD and the culture has been established.  With an influx of talent the building blocks are in place.

• Like (+1) 1