Matt Barkley Will Be the Bills' Starter vs. the NYJ

22 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

What nonsense. Nobody who has the time to post on a Bill's message board isn't going to watch the Bills. Not buying tickets and going to the game I get, but you will be watching. Everyone who posts here will be. You are a Bill's fan, not some front running Rams fan.

The game was no. 3 on my priority list Sunday. Usually they are no. 1. I listened to the 1st half on the radio while doing other things. A little before the half they sucked me in again and I watched the rest of the game. So I kept my word and wasn't a "starter" anyways

From Peter King's FMIA Column:

Matt’s moment. I always found Matt Barkley to be an earnest team guy, not quite good enough to hang onto an NFL roster spot. And if he never has another day like Sunday—the 41-10 rout of the Jets that left him grinning from ear to ear 45 minutes after the game—they can never take away from him the fact that he started in a big-league game and won decisively under ridiculous circumstances.

Those circumstances: Barkley had been a Bill for only 11 days before Sunday, and hadn’t played in the league for almost two calendar years. “I knew that I can play in this league,” Barkley said. “I feel like I was made to play football and this was just an example of doing what I was made to do.”

Buffalo has its bye this week. There’s no reason to hurry Josh Allen back from his elbow injury in this lost (3-7) season. I’d see if Barkley has one more gem in him when the Bills return home in 13 days to play Jacksonville. Buffalo fans would shower love on Barkley if he starts.

Offensive Players of the Week

Matt Barkley, quarterback, Buffalo. It’s weird to even type those words. “Matt Barkley, quarterback, Buffalo.” Barkley was gone. His NFL career was kaput. The only reason he started Sunday was because of injuries to the 1 (Josh Allen) and 2 (Derek Anderson), and the badness of the 3 (Nathan Peterman). Quarterbacks will have better days than Barkley (15 of 25, 232 yards, two TDs, one interception), but there won’t be many who win a road game with a heretofore hopeless offense after being on the team for less than two weeks.