Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Reminder: this dingbat, who didn't have the fiscal foresight to plan for an interim period of no income, now has a say in our federal budget.  

She had the answer all along in her last interview with Jorge, who asked her how she planned to pay for everything and her answer, literally, was "You just pay it."

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Reminder: this dingbat, who didn't have the fiscal foresight to plan for an interim period of no income, now has a say in our federal budget.  

She said she saved money before leaving her job at the restaurant, and planned accordingly with her partner.

23 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The hilarious part is that she's going to likely be remarkably indictable at the end of this several month period.

She's going to have to accept money or lodging from donors of some sort, and that's illegal; so would be tapping into any kind of campaign funding.

Someone will simply give her a loan with a 30 year amortization and zero interest. 

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

In a way, it's sad.   While batshit crazy and fundamentally wrong she is what the design of this country is about in that she represents her people by vote and is not a career politician - much like the farmers, barbers, lawyers and such that started this country.

Of course, I hope she falls on her ***** face.  She will end up sleeping at her office like so many others have done.

The Founders intended for what Jefferson called a "natural aristocracy" comprised of the best, brightest, and most successful to answer a temporary calling to service.

They most certainly weren't intending for underachieving 29 year old bartenders whom have been educated beyond their capacity to learn, and without the financial means or forethought to plan for a three month span without income, to take up seats in Congress.

6 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Someone will simply give her a loan with a 30 year amortization and zero interest. 

Which would be illegal.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which would be illegal.

I was kidding on the length of the note and interest rate but it can't be true that she can't take out a loan of sorts?  Elected officials certainly aren't restricted from borrowing money (not from or paid by campaign funds) from ordinary sources such as a bank or a relative or other private person. 

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

They most certainly weren't intending for underachieving 29 year old bartenders whom have been educated beyond their capacity to learn, and without the financial means or forethought to plan for a three month span without income, to take up seats in Congress.

Not true. According to peace out, she and her partner TOTALLY planned for a three-month span without income.

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

My question is why she is not going to draw a paycheck for 3 months...

Even Stormy kept working. Just sayin'...there's money to be had if she really needs it.

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I was kidding on the length of the note and interest rate but it can't be true that she can't take out a loan of sorts?  Elected officials certainly aren't restricted from borrowing money (not from or paid by campaign funds) from ordinary sources such as a bank or a relative or other private person. 

Not on favorable terms that they wouldn't otherwise qualify for if not for her position in Congress.

Do you think there are legitimate lenders out there who give out loans to broke, unemployed 29 year old bartenders who need money because they failed to plan to need a place to live?

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not on favorable terms that they wouldn't otherwise qualify for if not for her position in Congress.

Do you think there are legitimate lenders out there who give out loans to broke, unemployed 29 year old bartenders who need money because they failed to plan to need a place to live?

I do.  I think that a small private bank managed by politically aligned bankers will see her $174K income as being very secure and would write her a short-term personal loan for $25K or whatever her near term needs are.  In a heartbeat.  Yes. 

Edited by keepthefaith

17 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I do.  I think that a small private bank managed by politically aligned bankers will see her $174K income as being very secure and would write her a short-term personal loan for $25K or whatever her near term needs are.  In a heartbeat.  Yes. 

They can't give her a loan on favorable terms because she has a job in Congress.  Full stop.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe she can launder Russian money! 

You already do each time you get your paycheck from Soros on his cubicle farm just outside of Budapest.  Must be a pain seeing as Hungary is on the Euro.  I guess the first step of getting the suitcase full of Rubles from Moscow to Budapest is unavoidable.  

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

They can't give her a loan on favorable terms because she has a job in Congress.  Full stop.

She could get an advance on the payoffs she will eventually ask for.  Someone will buy some future favors ahead of time. Maybe at a discount.

27 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That's simply not true.  Approving a loan for someone based on their income isn't favorable unless it's somehow way out of bounds. Private banks make their own credit decisions and often through a single individual and there aren't strict government mandated credit guidelines for something as simple as a personal loan.  She'll have $14.5K of gross monthly income and a $25K loan with a 2 year term at 6% interest means a monthly payment of about $1100.  That's not gonna raise any eyebrows nor should it.  She's financially qualified at those numbers.   Plus her being a minority helps as banks are required to show lending practices across the spectrum of race.  Remember when Eric Holder was prosecuting banks for not meeting racial guidelines?  If she wants/needs a loan she'll easily get it as could anyone that could show that level of relatively secure income and no other debt.