Jump to content
bdutton

Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

Recommended Posts

AOC and Omar walk into a building.......you'd think one of them would have seen it

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

AOC EMBODIES “PRETTY PRIVILEGE” — IF SHE WERE UNATTRACTIVE SHE WOULDN’T GET AWAY WITH SAYING SUCH DUMB STUFF: 

 

Father Damien ministered to native Hawaiians in a leper colony, now AOC calls him a ‘colonizer.’ 

 

“So according to AOC, you are a colonizer if you lay down your life for people you never met before, halfway across the globe.

 

If you earn the plaudits of the local queen for your selfless heroism, you are a colonizer.

 

 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Keeps Finding New Ways To Be Stupid. 

 

“It’s not just that AOC is wrong about so many things, it’s that she’s always spectacularly wrong.

 

Her hot takes sound more like the ravings of a toddler than what one would expect from a member of Congress. I

 

n this particular case, it seems that she knew nothing more about St. Damien than that he was white.”

 

 

 

 

Isn’t that enough?

 
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re just undocumented shoppers picking up their reparations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Capco said:

117709364_1176154012817531_3228036075897227794_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=OfkThFNMnd0AX8Pjpi1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=0101ec944bd6294dbeece023a6d66406&oe=5F5E9B9C

 

I named a hemorrhoid in my ass after her.  Is that the same thing? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bbb said:

 

I named a hemorrhoid in my ass after her.  Is that the same thing? 

 

A classic symptom of AOC derangement syndrome.  You might want to get that checked out.  

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, T master said:

She's the Queen of the Wing Nuts if you don't have a salary for 3 months GO TO WORK for 3 months dum ass !! 

 

The real scary thing is that there are younger people out there and a lot of them that think the same way she does (especially in the City) so if given the chance they will put the country into a hall we've never seen before if aloud ! 

 

So to paraphrase the first bolded sentence: “if you find yourself struggling financially right now, then the simple solution is to go find a good job you lazy bum.” In the year of the Covid-19 Pandemic, this perfectly encapsulates the prevailing economic wisdom of Trump, Mnuchin, McConnell, and the tone-deaf GOP. And in the interest of fairness, I’ll do the establishment Dems: “we understand your financial pain and intend to help, but not until after November 3.” And for the progressive left: “OMG your financial plight is awful and unfair, but don’t worry because we have a plan to help you in 2040 as soon as we take over the Democratic Party and our spines fully grow.”

 

It’s not JUST the young that comprise the far-left movement. We’re also making major headway with older citizens, particularly on the singular issue of universal health care. And NYC politics is a lot more diverse than you may think, if you limit your scope to the magnificent variety of shades of blue that we have here! AOC won her particular district partly because it skews heavily toward the stereotypical Bernie base: young, Latino, working class. I call them the “cyan Dems,” a pretty mix of blue and green, as opposed to Joe Crowley’s “magenta Dem” brand, which is a hideous puke-inducing blend of red and blue. What also helped AOC win is the fact that she worked her tail off during her campaign. As a gender/location/age analogue to AOC and a 2016+2020 Bernie campaign volunteer, I almost feel required to provide a more complete opinion of her on this decidedly right-leaning message board forum. So here I go:

 

Two years ago, I saw AOC as the progressive left’s future Donald Trump of sorts: not exactly the articulate intellectual leader of an ascending populist political movement, but a much-needed heavyweight fighter and lightning rod for change. At 30 years of age and with only 2 years of political experience, she is already the most popular progressive lefty in the country right now (Bernie is tired, Warren is super fake, Jayapal and Khanna are useless) and could become the most influential Democrat within the next decade. The visceral hatred she conjures up from the political right (see: Ted Yoho, Fox News, Breitbart, this thread) is a sign of respect, really. It’s a recognition of her rapid power rise and the legitimate threat her politics pose to deeply entrenched power structures. This is the case within the Democratic Party, too. The establishment Dems have consistently backed Pelosi against The Squad, threatened to redraw AOC’s district after the 2020 census, and sent a corporate establishment hack (Michelle Caruso-Cabrera) to (very unsuccessfully) primary her.

 

So now I’ll get to the negatives. At some point around February of this year, AOC chose the full Democrat careerist route, backed down in her war with Pelosi, fully supplicated to such an atrocious candidate in Biden, and didn’t endorse fellow progressive up-and-comer candidates like Cori Bush. She is also way too much into cancel culture authoritarianism and PC grandstanding for my tastes. I like Goya, still buy their products, and still apolitically support their workers who are just trying to earn an honest living. AOC is not remotely strong enough against American interventionist foreign policy, either, which in my opinion is one of the two key policy issues that (should) define American progressivism (the other being M4A). I’m not personally aligned with AOC on a bunch of other policy issues that I won't get into here. Oh yeah, and her entire wardrobe is a bit drab for an alleged political rock star. And maybe try experimenting with a trademark chic hairstyle a la Yulia Tymoshenko? I know this sounds shallow, but marketing matters.

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day AOC bought a TV that had written on it Built in Antenna, she's still trying to figure out where antenna is

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, RealKayAdams said:

 

So to paraphrase the first bolded sentence: “if you find yourself struggling financially right now, then the simple solution is to go find a good job you lazy bum.” In the year of the Covid-19 Pandemic, this perfectly encapsulates the prevailing economic wisdom of Trump, Mnuchin, McConnell, and the tone-deaf GOP. And in the interest of fairness, I’ll do the establishment Dems: “we understand your financial pain and intend to help, but not until after November 3.” And for the progressive left: “OMG your financial plight is awful and unfair, but don’t worry because we have a plan to help you in 2040 as soon as we take over the Democratic Party and our spines fully grow.”

 

It’s not JUST the young that comprise the far-left movement. We’re also making major headway with older citizens, particularly on the singular issue of universal health care. And NYC politics is a lot more diverse than you may think, if you limit your scope to the magnificent variety of shades of blue that we have here! AOC won her particular district partly because it skews heavily toward the stereotypical Bernie base: young, Latino, working class. I call them the “cyan Dems,” a pretty mix of blue and green, as opposed to Joe Crowley’s “magenta Dem” brand, which is a hideous puke-inducing blend of red and blue. What also helped AOC win is the fact that she worked her tail off during her campaign. As a gender/location/age analogue to AOC and a 2016+2020 Bernie campaign volunteer, I almost feel required to provide a more complete opinion of her on this decidedly right-leaning message board forum. So here I go:

 

Two years ago, I saw AOC as the progressive left’s future Donald Trump of sorts: not exactly the articulate intellectual leader of an ascending populist political movement, but a much-needed heavyweight fighter and lightning rod for change. At 30 years of age and with only 2 years of political experience, she is already the most popular progressive lefty in the country right now (Bernie is tired, Warren is super fake, Jayapal and Khanna are useless) and could become the most influential Democrat within the next decade. The visceral hatred she conjures up from the political right (see: Ted Yoho, Fox News, Breitbart, this thread) is a sign of respect, really. It’s a recognition of her rapid power rise and the legitimate threat her politics pose to deeply entrenched power structures. This is the case within the Democratic Party, too. The establishment Dems have consistently backed Pelosi against The Squad, threatened to redraw AOC’s district after the 2020 census, and sent a corporate establishment hack (Michelle Caruso-Cabrera) to (very unsuccessfully) primary her.

 

So now I’ll get to the negatives. At some point around February of this year, AOC chose the full Democrat careerist route, backed down in her war with Pelosi, fully supplicated to such an atrocious candidate in Biden, and didn’t endorse fellow progressive up-and-comer candidates like Cori Bush. She is also way too much into cancel culture authoritarianism and PC grandstanding for my tastes. I like Goya, still buy their products, and still apolitically support their workers who are just trying to earn an honest living. AOC is not remotely strong enough against American interventionist foreign policy, either, which in my opinion is one of the two key policy issues that (should) define American progressivism (the other being M4A). I’m not personally aligned with AOC on a bunch of other policy issues that I won't get into here. Oh yeah, and her entire wardrobe is a bit drab for an alleged political rock star. And maybe try experimenting with a trademark chic hairstyle a la Yulia Tymoshenko? I know this sounds shallow, but marketing matters.

You think the right fears her? We pray she is focal point of every DNC event. There is a reason she was only given 100 seconds during that crap storm of a convention. You also misunderstand Trump's appeal- her plans mean turning over most of my rights to the idiots in DC while Trump allows me to make my own decisions.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You think the right fears her? We pray she is focal point of every DNC event. There is a reason she was only given 100 seconds during that crap storm of a convention. You also misunderstand Trump's appeal- her plans mean turning over most of my rights to the idiots in DC while Trump allows me to make my own decisions.

Well said. Most people still don’t get it. Trump does NOT represent Right vs Left. He got elected and still stands for Outside vs Inside. While the Democrats and Republicans argue over nonsensically minute differences in ways to screw over the American people and ensnare them with Washington centric programs and policies, Trump is fighting for us all to be left the heck alone to pursue (not guarantee) our own lives, liberty and happiness.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 10:20 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

You think the right fears her? We pray she is focal point of every DNC event. There is a reason she was only given 100 seconds during that crap storm of a convention. You also misunderstand Trump's appeal- her plans mean turning over most of my rights to the idiots in DC while Trump allows me to make my own decisions.

 

Hi Buffalo Timmy,

 

Whether or not the right fears AOC is actually immaterial. Demography is destiny (i.e., more politically engaged Gen Z/Millenials + more Latinos + angrier working class = future). Many polling trends indicate that populist progressivism is rapidly gaining strength and will be a force to be reckoned with in future elections. The longer that establishment politicians dither on the economy, the faster the revolution will arrive. Under what political structural representation, though? I have no idea.

 

The little time that AOC was given during the convention had everything to do with political strategy and nothing to do with masking her ostensible stupidity…if that was your intimation? The Biden/Harris Democrats are Obama/Clinton centrists. Look at their Congressional voting history and look at their corporate donors to verify. The DNC wanted the convention to reflect that reality because they are making a strong pitch for moderate independents and disaffected Republicans…with the mostly accurate assumption that progressive leftists have nowhere else to turn and will largely stick with the Democrats anyway in November.

 

Just because I reject the American political right’s conceptions of small government and individual economic freedoms doesn’t mean I don’t understand their appeal. My canvassing experiences have taught me a lot about the Trump coalition of libertarians, populist nationalists, and religious conservatives (it’s all rebranded Pat Buchanan paleoconservatism, basically). I’ve found the right-wing populist faction to be the least reliable set of the Trump devotees. They shocked the world in 2016 (specifically the Midwest white working class Reagan Democrat types) and could do the same again in November. Abstract virtues of government economic non-interventionism suddenly become less appealing when you can no longer pay your bills, let alone get financially ahead, as you watch the wealthy elite somehow make out like bandits during a pandemic. When the People’s supposed cornucopia of economic choices dry up through no fault of their own, the People will start to question what economic freedoms they ever really had in the first place.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

 

Hi Buffalo Timmy,

 

Whether or not the right fears AOC is actually immaterial. Demography is destiny (i.e., more politically engaged Gen Z/Millenials + more Latinos + angrier working class = future). Many polling trends indicate that populist progressivism is rapidly gaining strength and will be a force to be reckoned with in future elections. The longer that establishment politicians dither on the economy, the faster the revolution will arrive. Under what political structural representation, though? I have no idea.

 

The little time that AOC was given during the convention had everything to do with political strategy and nothing to do with masking her ostensible stupidity…if that was your intimation? The Biden/Harris Democrats are Obama/Clinton centrists. Look at their Congressional voting history and look at their corporate donors to verify. The DNC wanted the convention to reflect that reality because they are making a strong pitch for moderate independents and disaffected Republicans…with the mostly accurate assumption that progressive leftists have nowhere else to turn and will largely stick with the Democrats anyway in November.

 

Just because I reject the American political right’s conceptions of small government and individual economic freedoms doesn’t mean I don’t understand their appeal. My canvassing experiences have taught me a lot about the Trump coalition of libertarians, populist nationalists, and religious conservatives (it’s all rebranded Pat Buchanan paleoconservatism, basically). I’ve found the right-wing populist faction to be the least reliable set of the Trump devotees. They shocked the world in 2016 (specifically the Midwest white working class Reagan Democrat types) and could do the same again in November. Abstract virtues of government economic non-interventionism suddenly become less appealing when you can no longer pay your bills, let alone get financially ahead, as you watch the wealthy elite somehow make out like bandits during a pandemic. When the People’s supposed cornucopia of economic choices dry up through no fault of their own, the People will start to question what economic freedoms they ever really had in the first place.

 

There were plenty of people who held the nose as they pulled the Trump lever in '16.    The Dems are making it more certain that more people will do the same this Nov.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

 

Hi Buffalo Timmy,

 

Whether or not the right fears AOC is actually immaterial. Demography is destiny (i.e., more politically engaged Gen Z/Millenials + more Latinos + angrier working class = future). Many polling trends indicate that populist progressivism is rapidly gaining strength and will be a force to be reckoned with in future elections. The longer that establishment politicians dither on the economy, the faster the revolution will arrive. Under what political structural representation, though? I have no idea.

 

The little time that AOC was given during the convention had everything to do with political strategy and nothing to do with masking her ostensible stupidity…if that was your intimation? The Biden/Harris Democrats are Obama/Clinton centrists. Look at their Congressional voting history and look at their corporate donors to verify. The DNC wanted the convention to reflect that reality because they are making a strong pitch for moderate independents and disaffected Republicans…with the mostly accurate assumption that progressive leftists have nowhere else to turn and will largely stick with the Democrats anyway in November.

 

Just because I reject the American political right’s conceptions of small government and individual economic freedoms doesn’t mean I don’t understand their appeal. My canvassing experiences have taught me a lot about the Trump coalition of libertarians, populist nationalists, and religious conservatives (it’s all rebranded Pat Buchanan paleoconservatism, basically). I’ve found the right-wing populist faction to be the least reliable set of the Trump devotees. They shocked the world in 2016 (specifically the Midwest white working class Reagan Democrat types) and could do the same again in November. Abstract virtues of government economic non-interventionism suddenly become less appealing when you can no longer pay your bills, let alone get financially ahead, as you watch the wealthy elite somehow make out like bandits during a pandemic. When the People’s supposed cornucopia of economic choices dry up through no fault of their own, the People will start to question what economic freedoms they ever really had in the first place.

Kay 

Trump wasn’t elected because he was extremely right wing and that’s not what would get him re-elected. Left wing policies and politics are not what people rejected in 2016. They voted against a Washington insider in Hilary Clinton. This is not a movement of Left v Right. This is a movement of Outside v Inside...and the same can be said for the protests and rioting. They’re NOT carrying Biden signs! 
 

The people of this country are pissed off at the ruling class on BOTH sides of the aisle. They’re tired of stupid wars. They’re tired of being sold loans (student and mortgage) by government agencies. They’re enraged by the amassing of debt. They’re frustrated that the ruling class pulls the strings but only pretends to show any interest in actual people once every four years. 
 

There’s way more that the people agree on than disagree on but the political class profits from fomenting disagreement. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...