Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

3 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Who do you think wants her to go away more? Pelosi or Boston University?

I'd rather keep her in Congress until after the 2020 census. Let the NYS Legislature eliminate her district next year, instead of mine.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

This dingbat is quite possibly my favorite dingbat of them all.

She's not wrong. You literally can not pull yourself up by your bootstrap. So it stands to reason that trying to do it figuratively by doing what you must to make your best life is just a joke as well.

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

She's not wrong. You literally can not pull yourself up by your bootstrap. So it stands to reason that trying to do it figuratively by doing what you must to make your best life is just a joke as well.

Long gone are the days when, say, a lower-middle class, outer-borough bartender could ascend to the commanding heights of America's ruling elite

-- Lachlan Markay

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Long gone are the days when, say, a lower-middle class, outer-borough bartender could ascend to the commanding heights of America's ruling elite

-- Lachlan Markay

I should have known. She's reciting an older HuffPost article

“Pull yourself up by your bootstraps.” It’s a common phrase in American political discourse, particularly present in conservative rhetoric about self-reliance.

The concept is simple: To pull yourself up by your bootstraps means to succeed or elevate yourself without any outside help.

But when you examine this expression and its current meaning, it doesn’t seem to make much sense.

To paraphrase a Ben Shapiro line, "In other news, there's no way a cat can really get your tongue."

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

-- Lachlan Markay

Gone are the days when someone like her would be offered a couple million bucks to pose topless in Playboy and she'd jump at the chance.  At least there would be some redeeming value in that with apologies to the fine women that post here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Gone are the days when someone like her would be offered a couple million bucks to pose topless in Playboy and she'd jump at the chance.  At least there would be some redeeming value in that with apologies to the fine women that post here. 

So that's a yes?

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

as seen on the interwebs...

Jeffery Epstein did not pull himself up by his bootstraps.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...and she shows yet another loose screw...………..

Tucker Carlson: Criminals would be protected from deportation under bill AOC and other House Democrats back

By Tucker Carlson | Fox News

At this moment there is a bill pending in Congress called the New Way Forward Act. It’s received almost no publicity, which is unfortunate as well as revealing.

The legislation is sponsored by 44 House Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York. At roughly 4,400 words, it’s almost exactly as long as the U.S. Constitution.

Like the Constitution, this legislation is designed to create a whole new country. The bill would entirely remake our immigration system, with the explicit purpose of ensuring that criminals are able to move here, and settle here permanently, with impunity.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-criminals-would-be-protected-from-deportation-under-bill-aoc-and-other-house-democrats-back