Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

17 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I had to read it three times to make sure he was complimenting her. :lol:

Understandable. He rarely compliments anyone. Your stereotypical angry white dude. ?

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

If you criticize Trump here, you’re assumed to be a wild-eyed liberal. 

Shut the ***** up. Almost every conservative here criticizes Trump on a regular basis. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He says she should go back to her home country on twitter, then stares off and takes no action (ala McCain’s classy moment) when the chant happens days later, and now “is not happy with it.” 

When Trump is speaking in bull####-ese, one of his tells is “I think you know this:” See above. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

If you criticize Trump here, you’re assumed to be a wild-eyed liberal. 

Aaaand another lazy take.

You surely do a disservice to your other screen names, who were rarely lazy in their thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Aaaand another lazy take.

You surely do a disservice to your other screen names, who were rarely lazy in their thoughts.

Plenz gets lumped as a liberal, as do I. Why? Because we actively criticize Trump for the things we disagree with him on. 

Ill start posting Twitter opinions of others. That’s not lazy. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Plenz gets lumped as a liberal, as do I. Why? Because we actively criticize Trump for the things we disagree with him on. 

You do not get lumped in as a liberal.  You're firmly in the camp of a hot takes poster who now adds very little value to the discourse.

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Ill start posting Twitter opinions of others. That’s not lazy. 

I'll say it again: the board's not anti-liberal, it's anti-schmuck.  Stop being one.

• Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, which position would you like me to point  to

1) Agreed with both SCOTUS picks

2) Agree with majority  of  what Trump has done with the economy outside the tax cuts

3) Have said  numerous times in several places liberal policies have had a deleterious effect on the whole for minority populations in this country

4) And i guess its up for debate which side this lands on..I am a staunch believer in our civil liberties and want to make sure all forms of government are reined in and their ability to get into out =r lives restricted

5) I have always agreed with the "investigate the invertigor" sentiment..i have NEVER disagreed and have actively encouraged that investigation. ask @Deranged Rhino

6) Show mw one place, even one, where i have said Barr, Pompeo and for that matter even Bolton were not the right men for the job.

7) I have said repeatedly and over and over again immigration is a massive issue, and we need reform.Do i think a wall fixes that problem , or even puts a dent into it? Hell no. Does not mean i am for open borders etc..it means we need genuine reform. Go back to Govt closed down thread, i was strongly pox on both their houses

Health care and health insurance i have readily admitted is beyond my scope..i am not an expert, and just cause Republicanss say bad, i do not condemn thecurrentt policy. Much as just cause the  Dems say good, i am not all in on what we have. Don'tt understand a lot of it

I am pro life , struggle with the ***** and sex crime aspect of it..flip side i am anit capital punishment..as i said i am pro life

9) 100 % believe and have said on here   the right to bear arms is a fundamental  right in this country..dont see the need for assault rifles, want very strong background checks.

10) I do believe the climate is changing, i believe the science behind it, don't think it is 100% man made..buty i think it ridiculous to think it is all a liberal conspiracy. I will go so far as to tell you i do NOT recycle the majority of my trash..as i have done extensive research and it al points to 90% of recycling is a net negative

11) for college, i believe in some "set asides" based on income, not race.

I guess you name me a an issue, I will tell you my stance..

Now you go ahead and find any instance where i have taken a "liberal" stance..and that does mean an anti Trump stance, that means a liberal policy  stance. I have a feeling you will struggle

What i dont care about is what you do with any consenting adult in your bedroom, i don't t believe any one religion is better than the next, I think as a matter of fact religious folks tend to be  the most hypacritical folks in the land. I believe our leaders should be held to a higher standard, that i should be able to trust what they say with out "figuring it out", that sometimes a racist tweet/ act is just that...

You are all over the place is seems. That is NOT a criticism - I am too. 

So, you are just a #NeverTrump-er ?

22 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

He says she should go back to her home country on twitter, then stares off and takes no action (ala McCain’s classy moment) when the chant happens days later, and now “is not happy with it.” 

When Trump is speaking in bull####-ese, one of his tells is “I think you know this:” See above. 

This is not complicated if you’d simply pay attention, instead of immediately jumping to the CNN talking points. Trump suggested that SHE should CHOOSE to go back home if she doesn’t like it her. The crowd said THEY should SEND her back. There’s a huge difference. Or don’t you believe in a ‘woman’s right to choose’? ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have thought about this...I get what you are saying about Hillary...but not sure what your point is about the Obamas.  If I didn't know you better, I would think you were trying to be charitable toward Mrs. Obama... but what is the punch-line here? What does she have to do with anything?

What I  believe is that if you take Bill away from Hillary's world, she'd never be the political success that she has been (from a career standpoint...Senator, SOS, POTUS candidate, etc.). Likewise, If you take Michelle away from Barack, he's probably still a member of the Choom gang to this day. 

If I had to make a list of who would be the first female president, Michelle Obama would be at the top of that list, neck and neck with NIkki Haley, but certainly at the pole position of the Dem contenders by a country mile. Her demeanor, presence and speaking skills are everything you don't find in Hillary, Warren or even Harris. Unlike all of them, she comes across as trusting, caring, empathetic and genuine.

Put another way, if Michelle Obama was running for POTUS for 2020, Trump would get destroyed. No matter what happens with this next election, I'm confident you'll see here in the 2024 field.

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

What I  believe is that if you take Bill away from Hillary's world, she'd never be the political success that she has been (from a career standpoint...Senator, SOS, POTUS candidate, etc.). Likewise, If you take Michelle away from Barack, he's probably still a member of the Choom gang to this day. 

If I had to make a list of who would be the first female president, Michelle Obama would be at the top of that list, neck and neck with NIkki Haley, but certainly at the pole position of the Dem contenders by a country mile. Her demeanor, presence and speaking skills are everything you don't find in Hillary, Warren or even Harris. Unlike all of them, she comes across as trusting, caring, empathetic and genuine.

Put another way, if Michelle Obama was running for POTUS for 2020, Trump would get destroyed. No matter what happens with this next election, I'm confident you'll see here in the 2024 field.

:blink: Can I have some of whatever it is you are smoking?  

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You are all over the place is seems. That is NOT a criticism - I am too. 

So, you are just a #NeverTrump-er ?

I don't think I am all over the place, i think the great majority of my views would be considered conservative, with some modifications when it comes to religion and who ya love etc.

In terms of the #nevertrump..i guess that is what really rankles me..why not have a nuanced position? Why reduce to a two or three word hashtag. Early in this thread you said anyone who thought the original tweet was racist was only  cause #orangemanbad....that is not having a discussion on ideas, that is , as you say, identity politics.You lump anyone who diagress or critizes Trump into a #..i think that is wrong.

Would i like someone who has the majority of Trump policy decisions with out all the derisiveness and turmoil his guy causes? damn right. Did i want Hilary over this guy..hell no. 

I just think it a phenomenon i have never seen before in my 57 years...where this guy and his base truly rationalize even the must vile of things as somehow okay...

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't think I am all over the place, i think the great majority of my views would be considered conservative, with some modifications when it comes to religion and who ya love etc.

In terms of the #nevertrump..i guess that is what really rankles me..why not have a nuanced position? Why reduce to a two or three word hashtag. Early in this thread you said anyone who thought the original tweet was racist was only  cause #orangemanbad....that is not having a discussion on ideas, that is , as you say, identity politics.You lump anyone who diagress or critizes Trump into a #..i think that is wrong.

Would i like someone who has the majority of Trump policy decisions with out all the derisiveness and turmoil his guy causes? damn right. Did i want Hilary over this guy..hell no. 

I just think it a phenomenon i have never seen before in my 57 years...where this guy and his base truly rationalize even the must vile of things as somehow okay...

an hour ago you lumped all "religious folks as the most hypocritical folks in the land"

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have a feeling you have it backwards with Bill and Hillary.  You take her away Bill spends his life doing litigation.  I think she pushed and pushed him real hard.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A pity party? I say this as someone who is not a conservative... this has been a fight where one side has a hand tied behind their back, and the other has been using brass knuckles. Now, when the right is finally getting in a few blows, the left doesn't like it.  You can only scream "shut-up and sit down" at people for so long before they rise up. This has been brewing for quite a while. You just happen to have a front row seat to the party of "that's not who we are" deciding that they have had enough. 

@plenzmd1 Pretty much this right here. The primary leaders of the GOP have never punched back like Trump. They just the left tell lies and misrepresent stories on the path to the high road. That thread I posted is pretty specific to what I'm talking about and, I'll be honest, it's kind of odd you equate that to a pity party.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink: Can I have some of whatever it is you are smoking?  

It's a relative comment. I believe most people who aren't dead dog Dems don't find Warren, Hillary or Harris very likable or believable. Their histories are filled with disingenuous words and actions. Hillary = Corrupt. Warren = Fake. Harris = Corrupt AND Fake. Michelle has virtually always come across as above everything. Protective of her husband, yes, but she, personally, doesn't carry much baggage to the average voter other than being Barack's wife, and if you listen and watch her, you realize she's not Barack's wife. He's Michelle's husband. Assuming that makes sense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

No, I do not link everyone who disagrees with President Trump all together. I do not agree with everything he says or does. I label people who knee-jerk react to something he does, simply because Trump does it, as #OrangeManBad people.  

When those three tweets came out, I thought nothing of them... I read them, processed what was actually said, and watched the screaming begin. Over the course of the next four days it was pretty clear for all to see how politically brilliant those three tweets were. Democrats have (begrudgingly) admitted it was a political masterpiece in just a few words.

Yes, there was pearl-clutching among "conservatives" simply because "that's not who we are" and because President Trump said (wrote) it. There was nothing racist or vile about those tweets. Nothing. Yet people went running around screaming with their hair on fire because they were from President Trump. 

And that is why people get labeled #OrangeManBad or #NeverTrump-ers... because the reaction is negative to nearly everything he does, simply because he is the one doing it. It is truly remarkable. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a feeling you have it backwards with Bill and Hillary.  You take her away Bill spends his life doing litigation.  I think she pushed and pushed him real hard.  

I don't think that's backwards at all. I think you're absolutely right. But the original point remains; if you remove Bill from HIllary, she doesn't have the political resume she currently carries. There would be no Senator Hillary, or Sec of State Hillary or Presidential Candidate Hillary.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't think that's backwards at all. I think you're absolutely right. But the original point remains; if you remove Bill from HIllary, she doesn't have the political resume she currently carries. There would be no Senator Hillary, or Sec of State Hillary or Presidential Candidate Hillary.

Possibly but I wouldn't put it past her ego is she pushed Bill for her own personal/future agenda.