Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

She is valuable that way, but everything has a shelf life. If they can deal a big blow to the "youth movement" and have her bitching about Nancy and DNC on the way out, they'll take it. 

She's extremely valuable. 

She's literally tearing apart the Democrat Party from within. She won't stay in line, and contradicts Democrat Leadership every chance she gets.

Oh, and she's been on the job 6 months. 

Imagine the influence she'll have in 6 years. At that point she'll be even more powerful, which means the Dems will have been pulled farther left. 

The farther left the Dems go, the more electable Republicans are. 

Without AOC CNN and MSNBC would still be showing kids in cages at the Southern Border this week.

Edited by jrober38

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

lie after lie after lie

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I will bet, within 3 days, he will give a nod and a wink to the idiots, and they will be chanting it his next rally!  He will get that stupid ***** eating, sweaty lipped look on his face and say something like "you people are awful, we gotta be nice....gotta be nice.  People tell me not to inflame...but I didn't start it...".  It will be met with waves of applause, and then the full on Trump riffs will start.... we have seen this over and over and over again...

Bingo

13 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Almost 50% of the district is Latino.

10% is African American.

The math doesn't add up. She's wildly unpopular on a national scale but she'll win again in a landslide. 

The only people that count in AOC's election are the people in her district and I doubt that annoying Trump and Pelosi is enough reason to give her a second go around.  If Murray looks like the one to bring home the bacon for that district then the voter are not going to look away from that.  Most of the recent Democratic history there traces back to "fear whitey" or "loath whitey" but whitey is no wheres to be found this time 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The only people that count in AOC's election are the people in her district and I doubt that annoying Trump and Pelosi is enough reason to give her a second go around.  If Murray looks like the one to bring home the bacon for that district then the voter are not going to look away from that.  Most of the recent Democratic history there traces back to "fear whitey" or "loath whitey" but whitey is no wheres to be found this time 

I think you put way too much emphasis on who the Congressional candidates are and not enough on who is at the top of the ticket.

That district is never going to vote for Trump, and it's unbelievably unlikely that people will vote for a Dem for President in overwhelming fashion and then pick a Republican for congress. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I think you put way too much emphasis on who the Congressional candidates are and not enough on who is at the top of the ticket.

That district is never going to vote for Trump, and it's unbelievably unlikely that people will vote for a Dem for President in overwhelming fashion and then pick a Republican for congress. 

Congress people can be in office for many decades while a POTUS has a maximum if re-elected of 8 years.  Murray could be around for many POTUS administrations and she won't fumble the ball on Amazon which that district no doubt is aware off.  Your logic still amounts to don't vote for the GOP because of whitey and we want freebies from the gubermint.  That dog did hunt for a while but his legs have gotten pretty tired and he is looking to wander off into the woods to die.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Congress people can be in office for many decades while a POTUS has a maximum if re-elected of 8 years.  Murray could be around for many POTUS administrations and she won't fumble the ball on Amazon which that district no doubt is aware off.  Your logic still amounts to don't vote for the GOP because of whitey and we want freebies from the gubermint.  That dog did hunt for a while but his legs have gotten pretty tired and he is looking to wander off into the woods to die.

80% of NYC voted for Hilary.  Trump is wildly unpopular there. 

With a similar turnout next year (NYC votes Dem by roughly a 4-1 difference over the past 4 Presidential Elections), you can't honestly expect more than 30% of the voters in that district to flip sides and vote a Dem for Pres and a Republican for Congress.

I get that you want it to happen, but it's never going to happen. The math isn't even close to adding up.

Edited by jrober38

What is interesting is watching some on the Right condemn anyone who isn’t condemning Trump, once again falling into the ‘we have to be better’ rules that don’t seem at all fair when we’re in a fight to protect and defend not only this country but our way of life.

@Mellecon wrote a pretty damn powerful thread on ‘the rules’:

Small Rant before I log off: "We're supposed to be better than that." That's a delusion I've held onto for year.

I held on to it when Bush was called Hitler

*I held on to it when they made fun of McCain's inability to use his arms and while I watched him be civil to people who called him a racist.

*I held on to it while they destroy health insurance, and called everyone a racist if you said anything critical of President Obama.

*I held on to it when they fired a rodeo clown, and when they accused Romney of killing a woman with cancer.

*I held on to it when Hillary Clinton called people deplorable, and when the left made the Trump voters a collective.

*I held on to it when I refused to vote for Trump both in the primary and in the general. I held on to it when they accused a good man of sexual assault

*I held on to it when a VA governor who wore black face was not held accountable, neither was the Lt. Governor investigated for sexual abuse allegations or the Va AG also wore black face.

*Now there is a contingent of anti-semites in Congress and people who put target on good men and women in ICE and CBP.

*I find I'm not better than them. I'm sick of being called a racist. I'm sick of being called a stepford wife with internal misogyny. I'm sick of being called an Islamophobe.

00001-11.jpg

The only way I can be better than them is to lose, because they don't fight fair. So, I no longer want to be better than them. My children's future depends on it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Until 6 months ago that district had a white male representative who was high up in the democrat party. AOC beat him in the primary because she outworked him and knocked on a lot of doors. Murray can beat her with pounding AOC on the loss of all the high paying Amazon jobs and going door to door herself, stressing that she will represent them and not try to become a national figure like AOC. The message I'd find a way to get across to those voters is that AOC is a B word that has betrayed us and wants only to further her own career and agenda, while throwing us and tens of thousands of great paying jobs down the drain! Congresswoman Murray, raise your right hand and repeat after me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

80% of NYC voted for Hilary.  Trump is wildly unpopular there. 

With a similar turnout next year (NYC votes Dem by roughly a 4-1 difference over the past 4 Presidential Elections), you can't honestly expect more than 30% of the voters in that district to flip sides and vote a Dem for Pres and a Republican for Congress.

I get that you want it to happen, but it's never going to happen. The math isn't even close to adding up.

People break with their party when it comes to Congress all the time.  If Bernie had gone the Anderson or Perot route he would sliced pretty heavily into Hillary's 80 percent.  Once you again you overlook AOC dropping the ball on Amazon and act as though her constituents won't care "because they did not want to work anyways."  At some point people will want to rise in the world and they will realize that AOC does not have the edge there.  The old days are over and you do not want to face that.

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

People break with their party when it comes to Congress all the time.  If Bernie had gone the Anderson or Perot route he would sliced pretty heavily into Hillary's 80 percent.  Once you again you overlook AOC dropping the ball on Amazon and act as though her constituents won't care "because they did not want to work anyways."  At some point people will want to rise in the world and they will realize that AOC does not have the edge there.  The old days are over and you do not want to face that.

Expecting over 30% of voters to break from their party isn't a realistic expectation.

I'd be surprised if something like that ever happens.

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What is interesting is watching some on the Right condemn anyone who isn’t condemning Trump, once again falling into the ‘we have to be better’ rules that don’t seem at all fair when we’re in a fight to protect and defend not only this country but our way of life.

@Mellecon wrote a pretty damn powerful thread on ‘the rules’:

Small Rant before I log off: "We're supposed to be better than that." That's a delusion I've held onto for year.

I held on to it when Bush was called Hitler

*I held on to it when they made fun of McCain's inability to use his arms and while I watched him be civil to people who called him a racist.

*I held on to it while they destroy health insurance, and called everyone a racist if you said anything critical of President Obama.

*I held on to it when they fired a rodeo clown, and when they accused Romney of killing a woman with cancer.

*I held on to it when Hillary Clinton called people deplorable, and when the left made the Trump voters a collective.

*I held on to it when I refused to vote for Trump both in the primary and in the general. I held on to it when they accused a good man of sexual assault

*I held on to it when a VA governor who wore black face was not held accountable, neither was the Lt. Governor investigated for sexual abuse allegations or the Va AG also wore black face.

*Now there is a contingent of anti-semites in Congress and people who put target on good men and women in ICE and CBP.

*I find I'm not better than them. I'm sick of being called a racist. I'm sick of being called a stepford wife with internal misogyny. I'm sick of being called an Islamophobe.

00001-11.jpg

The only way I can be better than them is to lose, because they don't fight fair. So, I no longer want to be better than them. My children's future depends on it.

man, the pile is high is this tweet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Expecting over 30% of voters to break from their party isn't a realistic expectation.

I'd be surprised if something like that ever happens.

For starters you have to offer something to get people to switch and until now the GOP in that district had not done that.  I'll admit the possibility is there that AOC will be struck by lightning and all of a sudden sound like a Rhodes Scholar.  But the probability is AOC will most likely grow in terms of navigating DC but still be very unaware of things like economics as it applies to her district.  Murray does not have a hard task when you think about it.  All she has to say is if she was on guard when Amazon came calling that she would have let them in the door.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If you think so. I disagree but I know you've been pounding that angle for the past two weeks, so keep it up. 

Also, not sure if Kamala is your choice, but she has some skeletons In her closet that aren't great- as far as sweet deals go, don't forget her connection to Kimm Foxx and the Smullet scandal. There's plenty of mud on both sides. 

As long as she wasn't hanging out with a guy who enslaved young girls for sex, she still has the moral high ground, like Mount McKinley high ground 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(I know this is the AOC thread, but it's where most of this conversation has been held)

And there ya go! 

THE LEFT IS BIG ON INFLATING CURRENCY, WHETHER MORAL OR FINANCIAL, UNTIL IT’S WORTHLESS: 

“RACISM”: IT’S NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. 

“The idea that politicians may or may not be subject to criticism or disagreement depending on their skin color is so un-American, and so profoundly stupid, that it is hard to imagine that anyone could assert it. Yet we live in such degraded times that one-third of Democrats are willing to tell pollsters that is what they believe.”

Related: The Sordid History of Liberals Calling Republicans Racists.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

As long as she wasn't hanging out with a guy who enslaved young girls for sex, she still has the moral high ground, like Mount McKinley high ground 

And there ya go! 

So where does the moral high ground begin?  Kamala's ancestors were slave owners and no doubt one under age female had to service an older (presumably) male.  Shouldn't Kamala be doing her part in atoning for past sins of the family to come clean and admit this most likely happened.  Should she not try to track down the descendants of those slaves to offer reparations?