Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That can be a very affective TV ad! Not to mention if Trump debates, MY GOD, Kamala Harris will destroy him. Trump better hope he gets Sleepy Joe instead 

But in 2016 he promised the world and that drew in the marginal independent voters. I don't think he gets the fence sitters next time. Plus the Dem base should be way more fired up than when Hillary was running. (Her choose of a running mate was a huge mistake) 

Tim Kaine was the worst!

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh the Dems have a lot to go with on Epstein Trump thing. Why was the guy who gave him the sweet deal in Trump's cabinet? Why was he hanging with a guy who he knew liked very young girls? What about the sex parties just the two of them had? 

^^^^ 

That can be a very affective TV ad! Not to mention if Trump debates, MY GOD, Kamala Harris will destroy him. Trump better hope he gets Sleepy Joe instead 

But in 2016 he promised the world and that drew in the marginal independent voters. I don't think he gets the fence sitters next time. Plus the Dem base should be way more fired up than when Hillary was running. (Her choose of a running mate was a huge mistake) 

If you think so. I disagree but I know you've been pounding that angle for the past two weeks, so keep it up. 

Also, not sure if Kamala is your choice, but she has some skeletons In her closet that aren't great- as far as sweet deals go, don't forget her connection to Kimm Foxx and the Smullet scandal. There's plenty of mud on both sides. 

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

True. And anybody who loves the Clintons was willing to ignore his 26 trips to Pedo Island.

I am not sure that Bill Clinton is the sacred cow you think he is, among the left...Hillary for that matter.  At least not with voters...

Edited by Buftex

Just now, Buftex said:

I am not sure that Bill Clinton is the sacred cow you think he is, among the left...Hillary for that matter.  

There is no Hillary without Bill. And let me qualify that by also stating there IS a Michelle Obama without Barack.

13 minutes ago, Buftex said:

There is apparently a highly qualified immigrant from Jamaica, a successful business woman,  who will be running against her, as the GOP candidate... that will be the true litmus test.

I know she has her quirks, but she really isn't as stupid as many here seem to feel she is.  She is young....remember the learning curve we had to give Trump?

AOC got almost 80% of the vote in the election.

She's not going anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You could say that again. 

Well...Hillary did get 3 million more votes than Lumpy.  I meant among voters, in 2020.  Bill Clinton became a bit toxic in the party, especially with the Me Too movement... long time Democrats may still hold them in esteem, but to the younger set, Bill is the dirty old man, and Hillary is the one who blew the easiest election ever.

Edited by Buftex

Just now, Buftex said:

Well...Hillary did get 3 million more votes than Lumpy.  I meant among voters, in 2020.  Bill Clinton became a bit toxic in the party, especially with the Me Too movement...

Not where it mattered. There are a lot of people that are going to vote for the blue either way, but the consensus going in was that it would be a landslide both vote wise and electoral wise. It was neither because the Clinton name isn't worth as much as the Dems. believed. That harkens back to my point about how I was surprised they didn't do away with them once and for all when they had that out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The GOP contender is not an old white guy.  She is probably more identifiable with the people of that district than AOC is.

It's not happening.

You don't win 80-20 and then lose 2 years later in a Congression District that has been all Democrat for 26 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

Not where it mattered. There are a lot of people that are going to vote for the blue either way, but the consensus going in was that it would be a landslide both vote wise and electoral wise. It was neither because the Clinton name isn't worth as much as the Dems. believed. That harkens back to my point about how I was surprised they didn't do away with them once and for all when they had that out. 

The 2020 Democratic Convention will be the litmus test for how much control the Clinton's have in that party.  It's not Hillary's style but sitting on the sidelines keeps her time on Fox News and space in the Washington Examiner to a minimum at present which is helpful with the Epstein matter.  She might have known several months ago that this was going to boil up and influenced her as to not making an early announcement as to running for POTUS, 

Just now, jrober38 said:

It's not happening.

You don't win 80-20 and then lose 2 years later in a Congression District that has been all Democrat for 26 years. 

It might be possible with the furor over the Amazon deal.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

AOC got almost 80% of the vote in the election.

She's not going anywhere. 

She got 80% of the vote is one way to look at it.

Another would be a guy with no media backing, no experience (that I know of) in government, and who only put 2k into his campaign got 20% of the vote in a deep blue district. That's staggering.

Both the GOP and DNC noticed that. Both will be pouring money into the next campaign, especially if Pelosi decides to primary AOC. Either way, this lady will get a ton more financial support than AOC's previous oppenent. 

Can a republican win in that district? It's doubtful, but 2020 will be a much more difficult slog for AOC than 2016. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

True. And anybody who loves the Clintons was willing to ignore his 26 trips to Pedo Island.

He’s in the logs (unverified) for pedoAir 26 times. I’ve not seen him tied to 26 trips to the island. 

Not that it matters. Someone will get to the bottom of it. Clinton has a pretty public schedule. It won’t be that hard to line up his travel with those logs. 

And if Epstein was running an underage sex ring for powerful men, which may be make-believe, it will be ugly. 

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

If you think so. I disagree but I know you've been pounding that angle for the past two weeks, so keep it up. 

Also, not sure if Kamala is your choice, but she has some skeletons In her closet that aren't great- as far as sweet deals go, don't forget her connection to Kimm Foxx and the Smullet scandal. There's plenty of mud on both sides. 

Kamala Harris sucks!