Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

23 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Yelling 'send her back' is stupid on multiple levels, and I genuinely hope they'll knock it off because it's not who we are as a country.

But I find it funny that right-wing people at an amped up rally yelling 'send her back' is roundly criticized by some of the most right wing talking heads...yet when a far left guy charges an ICE facility with a gun while throwing flaming ***** at stuff, the left wing talking heads refuse to condemn it.

The four Maosketeers refused to condone it, in fact.

So both sides are crazy right now, but only one side seems willing to correct itself.

No surprise. Nothing new here. Just a reminder. That is all.

Care to elaborate on who is correcting themselves?

Also, it is exactly who we are as a country....we love the policies, but we don't want all the nasty implications that come with them.  We see it over and over again, here.

Edited by Buftex

10 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

You continue to be full of feces.

Alpha News is not her hometown paper nor is it a paper at all. 

Could you just pick a freaking username and stick with it. 

I never understand the need to have more than one name. What in the hell motivates you to log in and out of different names?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buftex said:

Care to elaborate on who is correcting themselves?

Itself. Not themselves. The right, in general, may go down an embarrassing slope like yelling 'send her back,' but the right-wing talking heads are quick to condemn it to the extent that, most times, that type of stupidity stops. Just look at Ryan Saveedrea or Ben Shapiro...roundly criticizing this and calling it 'vile.'

They're not alone.

The right will wake up today about this event, and will be very likely to correct it at the next rally.

The left, on the other hand, would never do this because their talking heads never condemn anything the left does. Even the four Maosketeers refuse to condemn the attack on the ICE facility.  Ever see Rachel Maddow condemn something like the guy who attacked the ICE facility, or the leftists replacing of the American flag with a Mexican flag.

Of course not.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

http://m.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/

Here's the local newspaper getting pretty in depth about the research they've done.

good article there...interesting factoids all over the place.I do have one question, and i must be stupid as hell as it must be obviuos.

If the second guy was used for immigration purposes, and lets stipulate for argument its her brother, but she claims he is a Brtish citizen...i am just lost how this could help her gain citizenship in the US? What am I missing?

Found this funny

Omar declined to make her tax and immigration records available for this report.

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Itself. Not themselves. The right, in general, may go down an embarrassing slope like yelling 'send her back,' but the right-wing talking heads are quick to condemn it to the extent that, most times, that type of stupidity stops. Just look at Ryan Saveedrea or Ben Shapiro...roundly criticizing this and calling it 'vile.'

They're not alone.

The right will wake up today about this event, and will be very likely to correct it at the next rally.

The left, on the other hand, would never do this because their talking heads never condemn anything the left does. Even the four Maosketeers refuse to condemn the attack on the ICE facility.  Ever see Rachel Maddow condemn something like the guy who attacked the ICE facility, or the leftists replacing of the American flag with a Mexican flag.

Of course not.

I must say i do not listen to or read the right talking heads, nor the left either, so i will take your word the "send her back "  chants are being roundly criticized.Equally so I am not aware if the left is not condemning  the violence at the ICE facility, or any violence perpetrated by ANTIFA and their ilk. I would hope they do, but again will take your word for it.

Now I only hope Trump does not keep useing it as a political startegy. Sickened my stomach to see and read about that at the rally last night, hopefully folks will have your good sense and move on( did i really just say you have good sense?)

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They're not alone.

Of course not.

Sorry, but pursing your lips and saying "tisk, tisk" isn't really correcting it.  It will stop, until the next Trump rally.  The scary thing, the crowd didn't really need Trump to start them with the chant this time.  Even his defenders are pointing that out, as if it is something to be proud of. His support among Republicans inches upwards every time there is some incident like this. He has successfully planted the seed for all of this..... You can't really take the high ground here.  He has been president for two and a half years, and this kind of stuff has only gotten worse...we will likely have 4 more years.  Is this really what anybody wants?

I agree, there is a large amount of stupidity on both sides of the aisle...but we have a leader, our elected president, who does absolutely nothing to discourage it. Whenever he makes even the faintest comment scolding this type of behavior, you can bet, like clockwork, within 24 hours he will send out a conflicting message, as if to say, "don't worry white America, I got your back"...he even talks extrapolates on his every move in public, as though this is all some big game to him... I get it, you love his economic plans, his stacking the courts in the favor of conservatives...but Republicans can't find a better person to do the same thing, without intentionally stirring up a hornets nest every time he opens his mouth?  He (and many of his supporters, who resent being called out on it) even brag about it.  It is sad that this is the best we can do.

Edited by Buftex

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If the second guy was used for immigration purposes, and lets stipulate for argument its her brother, but she claims he is a Brtish citizen...i am just lost how this could help her gain citizenship in the US? What am I missing?

It's not about her citizenship -- but her brother's/husband's. 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Now I only hope Trump does not keep useing it as a political startegy. Sickened my stomach to see and read about that at the rally last night, hopefully folks will have your good sense and move on( did i really just say you have good sense?)

Trump is going to keep using it because he doesn't see it as racist or xenophobic. He sees it as an issue of loyalty (which is his primary filter) and as a way to tie the party to their most extreme members. He's going to keep counter punching, it's what he does.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump is going to keep using it because he doesn't see it as racist or xenophobic. He sees it as an issue of loyalty (which is his primary filter) and as a way to tie the party to their most extreme members. He's going to keep counter punching, it's what he does.

He is the oldest baby in the world.

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

That is true...

That's why, to those who didn't vote for him/weren't inspired by any of the candidates in 2016, it was strange to see the media/entertainment industry go from -- "We love Trump" (1980-2014) to "HE'S HITLER AND STALIN ROLLED INTO ONE!"

He's a lot of things, some of them objectionable, but he's not Hitler or a monster. But the media/DNC couldn't help themselves and had to start the conversation/protest at 11, which left them no place to go. Now that we're nearly three years in, most of the independents/non partisan die hards are bored/tired of the extreme claims and ignore it. That's going to make 2020 a tougher slog for the DNC than it  otherwise would have been had they just not been crazy. 

Instead, they went full crazy -- launching histrionic attack after attack, backdoor coup attempts, all while railing that anyone who dares support Trump is by extension a Hitler/Monster/Racist too.  

Losing strategy all around.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not about her citizenship -- but her brother's/husband's. 

Ahh, so he is the one who gained citizenship ..see I am an idiot!!! Should that not be easy to confirm, at least the part on him gaining citizenship/ visa etc? Maybe not whether her brother or not, I get that may be hard to conclude one way or tother

And that saddens the hell out me..and i don't buy he does not see it that way, i think he just does not care..sad where we have slid

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Ahh, so he is the one who gained citizenship ..see I am an idiot!!!

You're not an idiot :beer: 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Should that not be easy to confirm, at least the part on him gaining citizenship/ visa etc? Maybe not whether her brother or not, I get that may be hard to conclude one way or tother

And that saddens the hell out me..and i don't buy he does not see it that way, i think he just does not care..sad where we have slid

I haven't dug into this issue at all on my own to know one way or the other about it's legitimacy -- though I have been told getting records from Somalia (or any war torn nation) is next to impossible, which I would assume would make proving it one way or the other difficult. 

Trump sees everything through the lens of loyalty. It's easy enough to see in practice -- before he was POTUS and during. He's not a racist imo, he's just an extreme narcissist who demands loyalty above all else to "Trump" while in business, and to "America" while in office. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's why, to those who didn't vote for him/weren't inspired by any of the candidates in 2016, it was strange to see the media/entertainment industry go from -- "We love Trump" (1980-2014) to "HE'S HITLER AND STALIN ROLLED INTO ONE!"

He's a lot of things, some of them objectionable, but he's not Hitler or a monster. But the media/DNC couldn't help themselves and had to start the conversation/protest at 11, which left them no place to go. Now that we're nearly three years in, most of the independents/non partisan die hards are bored/tired of the extreme claims and ignore it. That's going to make 2020 a tougher slog for the DNC than it  otherwise would have been had they just not been crazy. 

Instead, they went full crazy -- launching histrionic attack after attack, backdoor coup attempts, all while railing that anyone who dares support Trump is by extension a Hitler/Monster/Racist too.  

Losing strategy all around.

Unfortunately, to minorities, and immigrants, and people who have those in their families,  this isn't some political brinkmanship.  Whatever his true motivations are (as somebody who has been very aware of Donald Trump since the 80's and a New Yorker, I think he has always been a racist p.o.s.... sitting back and waiting isn't a luxury that all Americans have, so yeah, they might get a little emotional), he isn't smart enough, or isn't caring enough to temper those doubts about him.  Remember that "president for all Americans" bs?  

Edited by Buftex

29 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Is this really what anybody wants?

We're going to disagree on this point, but the left has always jumped on Republicans. Always. They wrecked Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, etc. with horrible, childish, embarrassing tactics. Lies so disgusting, most people simply couldn't stomach the fight any longer.

What you're seeing here is a person who has decided to push back, and a country that has been waiting for someone to do so.

Trump is too much of an ego to admit it, but I believe he saw the window to have a winning fight after watching Newt Gingrich jump on the moderator for starting the debate asking about his infidelity. Here.

From that article:

If the opening moments of Thursday night’s CNN debate is any indication, bashing the mainstream news media over alleged biases is a surefire way to rouse the GOP faithful.

That effort never got traction with Gingrich because he's not a likable candidate.

Trump threw gas on it.

41 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I agree, there is a large amount of stupidity on both sides of the aisle...but we have a leader, our elected president, who does absolutely nothing to discourage it. Whenever he makes even the faintest comment scolding this type of behavior, you can bet, like clockwork, within 24 hours he will send out a conflicting message, as if to say, "don't worry white America, I got your back"...

Barack Obama told his faithful to 'punch back twice as hard." Nancy Pelosi walked through the Tea Party crowd arm-in-arm with black congressman so they could falsely claim someone spit on them, or lying that the people who were against Obamacare carry swastikas to town hall meetings, like she's too stupid to know who LaRouche was.

Let's not pretend like what we're watching is suddenly unprecedented. The difference here is that the right got tired of the left's schitt and started pushing back, and the left, predictably, started squealing like Ned Beatty on a boating trip.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Unfortunately, to minorities, and immigrants, and people who have those in their families,  this isn't some political brinkmanship.  Whatever his true motivations are (as somebody who has been very aware of Donald Trump since the 80's and a New Yorker, I think he has always been a racist p.o.s.... sitting back and waiting isn't a luxury that all Americans have, so yeah, they might get a little emotional), he isn't smart enough, or isn't caring enough to temper those doubts about him.  Remember that "president for all Americans" bs?  

A lot of minorities and immigrants LOVE him. Thinking of people as "groups" rather than individuals is how your party got into this mess of toxic identity politics in the first place. 

Prepare for 5.5 more years of Trump. There's no one that can beat him currently running.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A lot of minorities and immigrants LOVE him. Thinking of people as "groups" rather than individuals is how your party got into this mess of toxic identity politics in the first place. 

Prepare for 5.5 more years of Trump. There's no one that can beat him currently running.

You are most likely correct on the 5.5 years thing... fingers crossed, but losing faith.