Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not saying he was or wasn't but the current President doesn't smoke, drink or curse...and he is doing a thankless job for zero salary.  But apparently 'tweeting' has become a worse offense.

To be fair, he has cursed.

24 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I agree. He has tons to talk about, but he has never been able to stay on message.

For 3 plus years now, Trump gets off on firing up his base, and to do that and have crowds cheering for him at his rallies, he's forced to talk to them about immigration because that's the red meat his base eats up.

If Trump could stay on message, and just talk about the things you just listed, his approval rating would be considerably higher. But he can't, and he never will, because that's not who he is and it's not why he got elected in the first place. 

I'm not looking to be adversarial, but take this for what you consider it worth: 

You are 100%, almost inconceivably, wrong about what he says and how often he says it.  I would attribute that to listening only to voices that sound like yours, or the fact that you're my old buddy Smitty the practical joker. 

His approval rating is impacted in large part because there is a chorus of voices screaming in unsion "JOKE", then "RACIST" then "SEXUAL PREDATOR", then "TAX CHEAT" then "TREASON" then "OBSTRUCTOR" and now back "SEXUAL PREDATOR".  All of this, btw, wrapped up in the theory  that he can't stay on message. Soundbite tyranny. 

And, imo, I think of people like  you as "extended warranty" voters, buying what's sold without even questioning the cost or the value of the purchase. 

That last part probably sounds adversarial, but it isn't. Some people find comfort in the extended warranty. 

Btw--on my comment on soundbites, I get the argument that Trump causes some of that. I don't disagree, my point is only that is not ALL  he does.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

jrober, Trump is not going to change many minds who are against him

at least not tell the rigged polls this

they will show up and pull the lever for him on election day

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Design by politicians (on both sides of the aisle) who have proffited for years from the smuggling and trafficking networks on the southern border. That's why no one has tried to fix it -- they don't want to fix it. It's too much money for them to have that motivation. 

Particularly this.  I mean, there have been arrests for slavery in the news in the past two years.  Do people just forget about that?  There's a huge market for cheap, exploitable, undocumented labor.  

Anyone who's for open borders and against reforming immigration law basically supports slavery.  The fact that, in 30 years, very few have made a serious attempt (basically Bush II, and Trump) is very telling.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Remember, 1/3rd of every kid brought over the border with a sponsor was found to be with strangers. Coyotes and smugglers. 1/3.

So what do they do with the remaining 2/3 of every kid?

Also, which 1/3 of each child? Upper? Lower? Middle? Some chop suey?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Ugh.

Telling someone to "go back where they came from" insinuates they're not welcome, and that they're different. 

As I said, why has Trump never once told Bernie Sanders to "go back"? Why did he just focus on four female minorities?

That's where the prejudice kicks in, which makes it a racism comment. If Trump told everyone who complained to go back where they came from, you might have a point, but the fact that his prejudices forced him to single out four minority women is why the comment IS racist.

They look different, therefore I believe they must be from somewhere else (3 of the 4 were born in the US), therefore my comment is a racist remark. 

If you just focus a specific attack on minorities, and not people like Bernie who share their beliefs but look like you look, that's where the racism develops.

Like I said, if I said that in my work place, I WOULD BE FIRED because the comment is racist. 

Everything you said about the women is true. Congressmen or women can get away with extreme views because they represent such a small population. Donald Trump is supposed to represent all 330 million Americans. 

i'm no fan of the Bern but he doesn't hold a candle to the rhetoric the squad members spew in Trump and America's direction. this is why they were the recipients of his tweeted ire. nothing more.

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I don't buy it.

Trump says if anyone doesn't like it, they can leave and go back where they came from.

There's no reason Trump should only be singling out minorities with that take.

could this have been directed at the Bern?

Edited by Foxx

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now calling people communists, even actual communists, is racist. 

:lol: 

In the Army, we would prescribe "remedial training" to slow soldiers who just didnt get it...

1098595986_aocgrab.thumb.jpg.ef5a43e3d95c6bed217f0ec94f4cdbb4.jpg

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

35 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Trump said their countries were corrupt, inept, catastrophes and in doing so, he was referring to America. And when he told them to "go back" there, he was telling them to go back to America. And though this language has a long history of association with race, in Trump's case, he was telling them to go back to their "country of origin," in this case, America. 

QEDumb. 

Not a strong position kemosabe. 

Tell me you didn't just use an offensive term misappropriated in a 50s era sitcom where the occupying villain was portrayed as a noble hero and the native son a subservient second fiddle in a serious conversation about racism in America?  

I am renaming you go Beginner Enabler. 

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Seriously...how goddamned difficult is it for House Democrats to respond to Trump's bull#### with "Yeah, Donald, whatever."  

He thrives on this *****.  Don't take him seriously, he doesn't thrive.  Don't let him drive the conversation.  How hard is that?  What the ***** is wrong with these idiots that they can't figure this out?

ummm... i'll take, 'What are Democrats'  for $2000, Alex. 

50 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Breaking News: Tiberius is still a ######. 

I didn't even have to work hard to find this. 

Truth hurts, doesn't it. You support a guy who is good sex buddies with a sex trafficking scum bag. This will be like the Alabama election! 

No wonder Trump supported Roy Moore! No wonder! 

And you are a loser whatdode 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Truth hurts, doesn't it. You support a guy who is good sex buddies with a sex trafficking scum bag. This will be like the Alabama election! 

No wonder Trump supported Roy Moore! No wonder! 

And you are a loser whatdode 

I know that times are tough for you but sipping Woollite while folding 4X women's bicycle shorts is not the answer.  

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

... Pelosi is very smart. She's a career politician who knows exactly what they need to do to beat him next year. They'll nominate someone left of centre who will run on raising taxes on the rich, and improving Obama Care, and it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. ...

my take is that they want to run the most outlandish group, ever, to secure Trump's 2nd term. 

how else can you explain the madness?????????

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I know that times are tough for you but sipping Woollite while folding 4X women's bicycle shorts is not the answer.  

first wave at the storming of Area 51

43 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It's good that you gave up on this track Jim. With age comes wisdom. 

I gave up on you because you had no argument.  I don't argue with those that dodge questions.  Why I gave up on Tibs and you are right in his camp.