Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

@Doc Brown nailed it above... :lol: 

And they are letting her words stand... although someone on C-span said it could be up to 6 votes. <_<

The Ds are so screwed.  Their best hope is it is summer, people forget this stupid, and they can untie themselves from the Jihad Squad before the start of 2020. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So... I guess that's the rule? 

let me see if i have this right.....

if her words would have been stricken, she would have been allowed back on the floor to...

because they were not stricken, she broke house rulz and  is punished by having her words written into record?

i am firmly convinced we have been teleported to htraE....

I could never be a politician... all these procedural moves would get on my last nerve. We all know how this is gonna end: her words stay, she comes back and yaps, Ds lurch further left (because they react to Trump in the worse way possible), everyone screams on Twitter for "their side", rinse and repeat. 

2020 should be a helluva ride. ? 

Oh, and the debt ceiling dealings should be "fun".  I doubt much else gets done before the 2020 elections. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I could never be a politician... all these procedural moves would get on my last nerve. We all know how this is gonna end: her words stay, she comes back and yaps, Ds lurch further left (because they react to Trump in the worse way possible), everyone screams on Twitter for "their side", rinse and repeat. 

2020 should be a helluva ride. ? 

Oh, and the debt ceiling dealings should be "fun".  I doubt much else gets done before the 2020 elections. 

Nancy Pelosi, leader of the do nothing Dems since 2018.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CSPAN keeps saying it's only happened once before, in 84 when Gingrich did it to Tip O'Neil. 

(no idea if there have been more)

And if there was ever going to be a historical precedent for this, of course it would involve Newt and Tip.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I read about this debt thing a couple of weeks ago.  It's gonna be crazy.

I can't help but thinking with all those smart people in Washington you'd think they could figure out some way to not have this debt crisis come up every few months or so.  But then I think again. It works great for them as is.

They're not even serious people at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

This news organization is cited here quite often. Glad they're so unbiased.

Back to your Republican meltdown - #orangemanbad's next tweets are going to be extra whiny 

Wait....with all that has been going on in DC  you're calling this a Republican meltdown??  Seriously???   This is one of the funniest (and saddest at the same time) posts.  Good job!  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Imagine how Trump feels watching this right now.  :lol:  

Donald.....put the phone down NOW!!! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I read about this debt thing a couple of weeks ago.  It's gonna be crazy.

I can't help but thinking with all those smart people in Washington you'd think they could figure out some way to not have this debt crisis come up every few months or so.  But then I think again. It works great for them as is.

They're not even serious people at this point.

You’re looking at it the wrong way.

The mistake you’re making is that you’re proceeding as if their goals are to solve problems, and conduct the business of the People.

That’s not why they’re there.  They’re there to create fiefdoms, and inter generational political legacies that essentially install them as royalty, enrich themselves and their progeny, and place them and those close to them above the law.

Towards those ends a look of bumbling, and the action of providing their constituents with pork much better secure their end goals.

They are incredibly serious people.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Donald.....put the phone down NOW!!! 

No, Donald, by all means, tweet.

Every time you do, House Dems have a "hold my beer and watch this" moment.  Make tjem do it again!

• Haha (+1) 1