Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

he has said every one of those things..every single one . I agree it was not about 4 random people, it was about women of color who ancestry is either African or Middle Eastern..it was targeted , on that we agree

what cha waitin for?

Thank you for the thoughful reply

1) we will disagree that one must mention race to write/speak a racist idea. "Go back where they came from" breeding concept" are  statements most would say are racist statements, no mention of color.Have you ever heard anyone else say "breed" about humans having children. I see you said they they come here to have children, not they come here to breed.

2) And i must apologize to @leh-nerd skin-erd and you, and the board as it does seem i was wrong and it was Tucker Carlson who said the immigrants were "dirty"..nit Trump. That is my mistake

Where are you getting the Breeding thing from? Am I missing something?

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

He is a piece of *****... 

Correction. He's a piece of ***** who kept Hillary from becoming president.

Most of us are good with that.

Chew on that. We're literally okay with a piece of ***** for president because we DIDN'T get a money-laundering elitist pig who would sell parts of America to Iran if she could push the cash through her fake Foundation while her rapist husband bounced around with Epstein on Pedo Island.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. Why don’t you explain how scary it is and why. 

1563245976985.gif

Look at what they have already done to our sons...

thumb_fatherly-love-money-culture-desmon

And, we allow it, even embrace it. Stand for it, even enforce it. 

4 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

No, because we are adults who tuned out the 24 hour news cycle years ago

That doesn't mean everyone else has... Tuning out, is a significant part of the problem.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Where are you getting the Breeding thing from? Am I missing something?

BTW, should prolly be another topic

If you criticize Israel or policies of the US that favor Israel, dos that make you anti semitic? 

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, should prolly be another topic

If you criticize Israel or policies of the US that favor Israel, dos that make you anti semitic? 

I’m not really sure the context of the above tweet so I’d have to see more to determine what that is-  but that doesn’t factor into the original discussion of the tweet from the other day being racist or not.

and according to your logic, it’s impossible to mention national origin or nationality for any reason other than racism, so yes. 

I believe that you 100% can question the state of Israel and specifically the government therein and not be anti- Semitic or racist. Because questioning policy and ideas is NOT racist. That’s the whole damn point we’ve been trying to make to you!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I almost feel bad for Nancy 

I suspect Nancy is going to have a bad week. This is not going to improve unless she takes a stand.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KRC said:

I suspect Nancy is going to have a bad week. This is not going to improve unless she takes a stand.

Nancy is old and tired. She doesn’t have the stomach for this anymore. The only good thing coming out of this latest spat is that since it’s all about the House we haven’t seen sour puss Schumer on TV for quite a while! 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Nancy is old and tired. She doesn’t have the stomach for this anymore. The only good thing coming out of this latest spat is that since it’s all about the House we haven’t seen sour puss Schumer on TV for quite a while! 

Don't bet against the old lady quite yet. She didn't  get where she is by being a nice person. She may have lost a few steps, but she (or someone on her staff) has to see how bad this is for the Democratic party, and take appropriate steps.

I think that condemnation was to appease the "Impeach Trump" crowd for the moment. Will it be enough? Can she stop the four lovely ladies from doing more damage and destruction to the Democratic party? Stay tuned for the continuing saga of How the Democratic Party Churns...

Schumer had something out yesterday about submitting the same condemnation of Trump to the Senate floor. Yeah, that'll fly. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

You want me to repeat what others have already said and what I’ve said? That would not add a lot. Plenz has mostly said what I would say. 

Trump made a racist remark. You disagree. Discussion about the same ensued. Someone called me personally a racist. That’s escalation from a guy I have met. I’m uncomfortable even discussing it like this but do it because I see it as symptomatic of the mess of this place. People aren’t acting like they would in person. Have a beer? No and mockery. Tailgate? No and mockery. 

Get personal if that’s the way you like it. I won’t. 

Trump makes enough stupid statements that there's no need to invent new outrages.   Just because his comments were targeted at women of color doesn't mean the content was racist.  It's getting a lot more common to blame racism for any kind of criticism of a non-white person.  Funny how everyone sided with Nancy last week when AOC predictably threw out the racist defense.   

Trump's comments were inane and ill-timed, but they weren't racist.  I'm sure you saw today's WSJ op-ed that puts the tweetstorm in the proper historic context of nativist sloganeering.   

What nobody mentioned yet is that his comments are taken straight out of the Vietnam era disagreements, with the whole "Our Country. Take it or Leave It" stance.   Those disagreements were not about race because the targets were nearly always upper middle class whites who took up the revolutionary cause.  The Justice Democrats and Antifa are descendants of that societal scourge, and other than the four dark-skinned mouthpieces, the operation is run by misguided upper class trust fund kids.

But, it's a lot easier and gets you more street cred to cry out racism.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1