Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

“What's heart-wrenching is that we have both Republicans and Democrats alike in Congress, who can't come together for the purpose of doing the right thing and finding a solution to our immigration crisis,” he said. “Please, President Trump, please White House, work with the Republicans and the Democrats [and] please, please, please, please, Nancy Pelosi, Kevin McCarthy, Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, please come together to solve this crisis, immediately.”

Amen.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2019 at 5:13 PM, Paulus said:

I believe nothing she says. I'm just in a state of awe that America mocks me in such a way as to elect and propel to the top some of the people it does. After her fake photo shoot she should have been removed in any decent reality. Now she was sexually threatened by the guards? Really makes me hate the world. 

Anyways, probably a prison sink/pooper combo. 

t_0461c.jpg

If you put AOC in a room with that thing, do you really believe she's smart enough to know which end to drink out of?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Did AOC bring them soap? Wash their hair? Play with the children? My church takes regular trips to Mexico and we do all of those things. We certainly don’t visit them so we can complain to the media about their poor conditions!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did AOC bring them soap? Wash their hair? Play with the children? My church takes regular trips to Mexico and we do all of those things. We certainly don’t visit them so we can complain to the media about their poor conditions!

The big difference is that federal programs can't accept donations - it violates all sorts of regulations and has the potential for ethics violations.  Even a congresscritter can't donate such - that could constitute bribery of government workers, and certainly violates separation of powers.  Same reason trucks full of private donations were turned back from New Orleans after Katrina.  

Your church donating to another private organization in Mexico is completely different.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

The big difference is that federal programs can't accept donations - it violates all sorts of regulations and has the potential for ethics violations.  Even a congresscritter can't donate such - that could constitute bribery of government workers, and certainly violates separation of powers.  Same reason trucks full of private donations were turned back from New Orleans after Katrina.  

Your church donating to another private organization in Mexico is completely different.

Tom...has she been on the forefront of raising private money? Did she hand out soap and toothbrushes? Sheeesh let’s not split hairs here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2019 at 11:47 PM, B-Man said:

Detainees sad that they are detained after breaking the law

So this is what she ( and other libs esp. millennials around the country) is referring to as a “ concentration camp” ? A disgusting example of hyperbole and just plain ignorance and disrespect. Obviously she missed her history lesson on the holocaust. The memory of that genocide should never be trivialized for political gain. Comparing the detaining of illegal immigrants to the murder of millions....where is the outrage from the liberal media ?

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So this is what she ( and other libs esp. millennials around the country) is referring to as a “ concentration camp” ? A disgusting example of hyperbole and just plain ignorance and disrespect. Obviously she missed her history lesson on the holocaust. The memory of that genocide should never be trivialized for political gain. Comparing the detaining of illegal immigrants to the murder of millions....where is the outrage from the liberal media ?

They have nothing to offer intellecutally or in the form of an argument, so they must slide everything to the extreme while hitting their identity politics to fuel the rage. 

Rage is all they have. 

Like toddlers. 

No ideas. 

No plans.

No connection to most of the country. 

The "center left" allowed its party to be co-opted by progressive fascists -- and were shamed into silence, lest they be deemed "RACIST!/SEXIST!/HOMOPHOBIC!" for speaking out against the slide. 

Outside of the liberal bubbles, many millions of Americans see through this temper tantrum. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I wonder if we will see another actress like AOC come-about? Since the whole political-world is on to what happened and how "she" (quotes because it is a team-sport) came to be a rep, will it be "allowed" to happen again? Or will the Ds take steps to watch and ensure it does not happen again? And, will AOC be primaried for 2020, or just have her seat go bye-bye in 2022 (assuming Nancy lives long enough to make those decisions)? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wonder if we will see another actress like AOC come-about? Since the whole political-world is on to what happened and how "she" (quotes because it is a team-sport) came to be a rep, will it be "allowed" to happen again? Or will the Ds take steps to watch and ensure it does not happen again? And, will AOC be primaried for 2020, or just have her seat go bye-bye in 2022 (assuming Nancy lives long enough to make those decisions)? 

They've already changed the rules to protect incumbents, because of what AOC and her handlers pulled off. Of course, it makes it that much harder to get rid of her now...

As for her seat going away, that's up to Cuomo.

• Like (+1) 1