Public school assemblies

Public school lunchrooms

Church/Temple/Mosque services

Movie theaters 

Shopping Malls

Football Stadiums

College dorms

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Any retirement community in Florida is literally a death camp.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So Church camp is now a Concentration Camp?

Boy Scout Camp is now a concentration camp?

Deer camp

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Moral of the story: Don't let yourself be "mentored" by AOC.

You mean the genius who graduated with an honors economics degree from BU and could only land a bartending gig?  Sign me up for that mentorship.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

You mean the genius who graduated with an honors economics degree from BU and could only land a bartending gig?  Sign me up for that mentorship.

It’s like an anti-mentorship. Whatever advice is given, make sure you ignore and in fact do the opposite 

58 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

It’s like an anti-mentorship. Whatever advice is given, make sure you ignore and in fact do the opposite 

I'd listen to her team for Twitter and IG engagement. Even if they bought the initial followers, since then the accounts have grown (and for good or for ill), her brand has become readily identifiable. Great from a marketing standpoint. 

43 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Before charging Wall Street to pay for student debt maybe University endowments should have to be shaved to do it. After all they took advantage of the easy loan money and raised tuition, etc. in a huge way.

Heck ya, would seem like the obvious place to go for the money right libs?  Those evil money grubbing Universities making and hoarding obscene profits on the backs of some of our most vulnerable citizens, poor college students.  Look at the endowment balance for US universities, over $500 billion as of 2015.  That'll make a nice dent in the debt.  Tax it at 90% or whatever tax rate libs want on the rich these days. 

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=73

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'd listen to her team for Twitter and IG engagement. Even if they bought the initial followers, since then the accounts have grown (and for good or for ill), her brand has become readily identifiable. Great from a marketing standpoint. 

She's convinced me...……………………………………….that's she's the dullest pencil in the box.

well.... i am probably in the minority on this but...

i agree to some extent on college loan debt. there should be no way in hell for a 17 year old to have to face the daunting realization that if they want to get the education they desire that it will initially cost them $250K in loan guarantees to get that education. i am going to assume that this is a 6 year education for the sake of argument purposes here, 4 yrs. undergrad work and 2 yrs. grad work.

today, the undergrad work comes at a cost of roughly 5% with the grad work weighing in @ roughly 6.5% (low numbers) to pay that loan back. there are a great many factors involved that can affect what you owe and how much you have to pay but generally, depending on whether the loans are subsidized or not can greatly affect the rate at which you obtain your loans.

so.... 250K with a various repayment terms: 

5 years/60 monthly payments @ 5% :

Monthly: $4,833.20

Total Principal Paid: $250,000

Total Interest Paid: $39,992.02

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $566,137 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

10 year/120 monthly payments @5%: 

Monthly: $2,651.64

Total Principal Paid: $318,196.47

Total Interest Paid: $68,196.47

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $318,196 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

30 year/360 monthly payments @5%: 

Monthly: $1,342.05

Total Principal Paid: $483,141.39

Total Interest Paid:$233,141.39

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $161,046 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

the above numbers are only for 5% interest rate so the actual numbers will be slightly more.

this is tantamount to indentured servitude. unless you are hired to an outstanding job right out of graduation, one that pays you an astronomical salary, you have set yourself up for a lifetime of indentured servitude. it's kind of ***** to my way of thinking.

don't get me wrong, i don't think forgiving the debt is the right way to tackle this issue but strapping a 23 yr. old with these prospects isn't right either.

51 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i agree to some extent on college loan debt. there should be no way in hell for a 17 year old to have to face the daunting realization that if they want to get the education they desire that it will initially cost them $250K in loan guarantees to get that education. i am going to assume that this is a 6 year education for the sake of argument purposes here, 4 yrs. undergrad work and 2 yrs. grad work.

today, the undergrad work comes at a cost of roughly 5% with the grad work weighing in @ roughly 6.5% (low numbers) to pay that loan back. there are a great many factors involved that can affect what you owe and how much you have to pay but generally, depending on whether the loans are subsidized or not can greatly affect the rate at which you obtain your loans.

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $566,137 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $318,196 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

it is estimated that you will need an annual salary of at least $161,046 to be able to afford to repay this loan.

the above numbers are only for 5% interest rate so the actual numbers will be slightly more.

this is tantamount to indentured servitude. unless you are hired to an outstanding job right out of graduation, one that pays you an astronomical salary, you have set yourself up for a lifetime of indentured servitude. it's kind of ***** to my way of thinking.

don't get me wrong, i don't think forgiving the debt is the right way to tackle this issue but strapping a 23 yr. old with these prospects isn't right either.

Simple. Don't chalk up a debt of that amount. Start out in Jr. College. Finish your undergraduate degree at a school that doesn't cost that much. Get a job while in graduate school. Other alternatives are to get the military to pay for it or claim you are part Cherokee. Seriously, as an employer obtaining your Masters without accumulating a lot of debt would impress me in an interview.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Both the borrowing and the lending at this level are ridiculous.  From a credit standpoint it's worse than the mortgage meltdown of '08.  At least those loans were somewhat secured by a piece of property.  In the case of student debt, it's secured only by the Federal government since 2010 with no other collateral needed.  So right on the heels of Fannie/Freddy, Obama and the dems create a new fed loan program and ratchet up the unsecured lending.  Sounds very familiar.   College for everyone just like home ownership for everyone.  This time though, there are no evil banks on which to lay blame.