Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sadly, if AOC did go to Poland it would seem like something out of a SNL sketch.  At the same time the media seems very invested in AOC as a prominent face in the Democratic Party and for Progressives in general.  Does the media dismiss the invitation as a European out of touch with what is currently going on in the US?

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i think internment camps are probably a better descriptor of them than what the connotation concentration camps carries along with it.

Not even.  There's many crucial differences between these detention centers and concentration/internment camps.  But one of the biggest is that this is specifically pre-hearing detention as a part of due process, not instead of it.  There's a defined end-point of release (a hearing to determine status) that no concentration camp system has ever had (in fact, "uncertainty of the length of sentence" is the most common source of stress quoted by early camp survivors in Germany).  

I'm writing an article on this.  I'll share it when it's done. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She's a dumb *****, that's for certain, and it doesn't appear her handlers are much brighter. 

that expletive deleted could be at least 5 things....

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that expletive deleted could be at least 5 things....

I have never used the "c" word in my life (I actually flinch when I hear it).  Took me a while to figure out what the other four could have been. (It was the one that begins with an "f".)

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have never used the "c" word in my life (I actually flinch when I hear it).  Took me a while to figure out what the other four could have been. (It was the one that begins with an "f".)

those were two, sorry to put you through that....  don't bother with the other 3...  :D

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Other concentration camps:

Summer camps.

Burning Man.

Woodstock.

Homeless shelters.

Religious retreats.

And no one was gassed in concentration camps:wallbash:  Jesus, this is the stupidest argument ever.

you forgot Jonestown.

:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Other concentration camps:

Summer camps.

Burning Man.

Woodstock.

Homeless shelters.

Religious retreats.

And no one was gassed in concentration camps:wallbash:  Jesus, this is the stupidest argument ever.

Public school assemblies

Public school lunchrooms

Church/Temple/Mosque services

Movie theaters 

Shopping Malls

Football Stadiums

College dorms