Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

7 hours ago, grinreaper said:

You missed the one that was cut out of the picture on the right (our). The daughter of the person who shall not be named. A slender guy and her would make a threesome.

Greggy has a daughter?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

How the hell did she win her election? Did she run against a mop and stay in her apartment all day?

It’s like what the Brits call a rotten burough

anything can win as its gerrymandered 98 percent Democrat

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As many know, I'm no economist... but this rambling makes me look like a savant. 

I don't think she understands much of what she's saying at all, rather she just regurgitates Marxist platitudes with the fervor of someone who's never been told how &%$#ing ridiculous her ideas are because she's halfway good-looking.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

How the hell did she win her election? Did she run against a mop and stay in her apartment all day?

She's Johnny Bravo. 

(If you missed it, the explanation was a few pages back. If this was rhetorical, er, nevermind.) 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As many know, I'm no economist... but this rambling makes me look like a savant. 

She may want to try to get a refund on her economics degree. It didn't stick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Anthony Pappas. To me, this guy is despicable.  Don’t run if you’re not going to try.

https://www.wnyc.org/story/meet-republican-running-against-ocasio-cortez/

Yup. The GOP didn't even put any money into the opposition and this guy - who was basically an unknown guy with no real party affiliation prior to the race - still got 20k votes to AOC's 100k. 

The DNC is going to have to put a ton of money into the race in 2020 because the GOP certainly won't make that mistake again. Add in the fact that some of the centrist Dems may try to put in a more moderate challenger, and it could get interesting. 

I don't know if Brandon from Walk Away can really win or not, but it's going to be fun to watch him try. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. The GOP didn't even put any money into the opposition and this guy - who was basically an unknown guy with no real party affiliation prior to the race - still got 20k votes to AOC's 100k. 

The DNC is going to have to put a ton of money into the race in 2020 because the GOP certainly won't make that mistake again. Add in the fact that some of the centrist Dems may try to put in a more moderate challenger, and it could get interesting. 

I don't know if Brandon from Walk Away can really win or not, but it's going to be fun to watch him try. 

The guy is a frikkin economics professor.  How about one or two debates in the run up to the election, at least? He would have exposed her early on. Debates don’t cost ANY money. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

The guy is a frikkin economics professor.  How about one or two debates in the run up to the election, at least? He would have exposed her early on. Debates don’t cost ANY money. 

I’d actually pay to watch that. Must see TV

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

I heard him do a couple rounds of interviews before the election. He claimed he tried to get that set up but she wouldn't do it. Don't know if that's true, but I do know her campaign treated the election as if she were running unopposed once she won the primary. 

She won't be able to get away with that in 2020 if the GOP decides to back a challenger for real.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I heard him do a couple rounds of interviews before the election. He claimed he tried to get that set up but she wouldn't do it. Don't know if that's true, but I do know her campaign treated the election as if she were running unopposed once she won the primary. 

She won't be able to get away with that in 2020 if the GOP decides to back a challenger for real.

I don’t believe it for a second. 

All he had to do was set up a podium on Steinway street so that NY1 would show up with their cameras, and say: “I’m Anthony Pappas, and I’d like a debate”.  Say it two or three times.  If she dodged him after that, I’d believe it. If he actually asked for a debate, he’s the only one who knows about it.  Are you sure he didn’t say date?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

That's not the race referred above. Rs don't stand a chance in that district.     Crowley screwed the pooch in the primary.  

GOP won’t win for the next 1,000 years in that district

17 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

She really is that ***** stupid.

I pity anyone who ever had to split tips with her.

She doesn't know what she doesn't know.  You'd think by now Nancy would call her in and tell her "ears open, mouth shut dear". 

At the rate AOC was going though, it was only a matter of time before she stepped in it. 

15 hours ago, row_33 said:

It’s like what the Brits call a rotten burough

anything can win as its gerrymandered 98 percent Democrat

I grew up in Woodside, Queens, which is part of that 14th District. Three childhood friends I stay in touch with are still in shock that she won. I asked them what happened, and the general consensus is "apathy." Nobody in a million years thought Crowley would lose, so they didn't bother to vote in the primary. From there, it was smooth sailing for Occasional-Cortex.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1