Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

Just now, row_33 said:

she was a good person with a defined good purpose

can't have that

R-1 visas have a set time limit (30 month, with one 30 month extension allowed) and sponsorship (have to be here working for a recognized church or religious institution.)

That covers a lot of ground...but not in-home senior care.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

she was a good person with a defined good purpose

can't have that

A pharmacist from what I am told.  Now that's a different story.  She probably needed new certifications, etc... Kinda a mess. So... She prayed, kept quiet and lived with an old church lady.  

The pharmacy thing had to be difficult.  My son is even finding it hard between states.  Took his tech training class here in Illinois... Went back to Iowa for school... PITA crossing over there.  He just wanted to work part-time in pharmacy while in school.

IL-IA... I can't imagine hurdles between Serbia and US!  LoL...

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

R-1 visas have a set time limit (30 month, with one 30 month extension allowed) and sponsorship (have to be here working for a recognized church or religious institution.)

That covers a lot of ground...but not in-home senior care.

Thanks. Church probably sees it other way? Hey: "Why can't we send her to help old parishioner?" (do they call them parishes in Orthodox Church?).

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

THE NEW DEAL ISN’T GREEN, IT’S RED:

There’s only one word to describe the economic aspects of the Green New Steal, and that word is communism.

It is explained in a little more detail here as it examines each of the touted benefits of the scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A pharmacist from what I am told.  Now that's a different story.  She probably needed new certifications, etc... Kinda a mess. So... She prayed, kept quiet and lived with an old church lady.  

The pharmacy thing had to be difficult.  My son is even finding it hard between states.  Took his tech training class here in Illinois... Went back to Iowa for school... PITA crossing over there.  He just wanted to work part-time in pharmacy while in school.

Thanks. Church probably sees it other way? Hey: "Why can't we send her to help old parishioner?" (do they call them parishes in Orthodox Church?).

Lots of Serbs in my work life, IT gurus, very fun loving people, wouldn't want to piss them off though.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The pharmacy thing had to be difficult.  My son is even finding it hard between states.  Took his tech training class her in Illinois... Went back to Iowa for school... PITA crossing over there.  He just wanted to work part-time in pharmacy while in school.

That's if she was here on an R-1.  I'm just guessing from your religion references.  There's a slew of different visa types.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Dante said:

Congratulations! Looks like a fun car and a good bang for the buck ride. I love the fact it's not available with auto transmission. 

I had a 2007 Shelby GT500 that I totalled on 01/02/2019 (last month) - hit a patch of black ice and hit the retaining wall on the highway.  But just last night, I found the replacement :)  2010 Shelby GT500 with only 7,994 miles!  I couldn't believe how few miles it has!

Hopefully that Bullitt only comes in Dark Highland Green like the original, and the, what was it, 2000 Bullitt they put out as well?

Just now, TtownBillsFan said:

I had a 2007 Shelby GT500 that I totalled on 01/02/2019 (last month) - hit a patch of black ice and hit the retaining wall on the highway.  But just last night, I found the replacement :)  2010 Shelby GT500 with only 7,994 miles!  I couldn't believe how few miles it has!

Hopefully that Bullitt only comes in Dark Highland Green like the original, and the, what was it, 2000 Bullitt they put out as well?

Comes in a matte black as well. Not sure why. I think the Dodge Charger McQueen was chasing was black.

Curious, how much did you pay for the 2010? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't at all mind.  It's absurd to find one with so few miles!

I paid $33,490.  The previous owner still had the window sticker and paperwork from when he bought it in 2009:  He paid $61,270!  So he paid $27,780 to drive 8000 miles!  LOL  I picked it up off a Nissan lot.  The guy traded it in on a Nissan GTR!

Edited by TtownBillsFan

1 hour ago, Dante said:

I think the Dodge Charger McQueen was chasing was black.

the car was black but IIRC they started out chasing Steve and he ended up chasing them (til they crashed).  I'm gonna have to go back and re watch it now.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... I am not sure.  I try not to ask too many questions (ha... I know).

Something can't be right.  I wonder what the issue was.  My old neighbor is like: "She's a nun!  She cooks, cleans, prays."  Too funny... She even wanted to shovel.  My other neighbor (a guy) was joking about the snow.  She's like in broken English: "What tool to use?  Where is the tool?" AKA: the snow shovel.  She shoveled the walk... LoL...

I thiiiink... She can come back after so many months.

Anyway, APPEARS to be a shame.  What appears to be an honest person caught up in the ticky tacky rules.  A person that was a really big help to an old lady... That has a house, but not rolling in the dough.  A companion that is linked to her ethnic background.

I will find more out.  I know she tried to get them to let her stay... Early January... But they told her to shove out 2/3.  She wasn't happy about going back to Mom's in Serbia.

I think we’re all guesstimating on the visa situation here, but if she applied for an extension in January, no way they process it in a month. I have an employee on a STEM exemption, which already has an allowable extension and that took 5 months for approval from the time we submitted it. That’s 5 months for an extension that goes 24 months.

Edited by Kevbeau
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

I think we’re all guesstimating on the visa situation here, but if she applied for an extension in January, no way they process it in a month. I have an employee on a STEM exemption, which already has an allowable extension and that took 5 months for approval from the time we submitted it. That’s 5 months for an extension that goes 24 months.

Nobody is guess anything. He took some stupid anecdote he probably heard on his third mandatory 20-minute break for the day, adamantly made it out to something anti-Trumpish and anti-build-the-wallish, and the minute everyone started digging deeper, suddenly it was "Well, I don't really know what all the details were...but it COULD have been bad!!"

The only thing missing is finding out he was about to have his character written out of "Empire."

7 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Depends on the visa, but 5 months is a lengthier processing time (anything more than six months is excessive).  You can also file for expedited consideration, which usually costs an arm and a leg.

9 hours ago, Dante said:

Congratulations! Looks like a fun car and a good bang for the buck ride. I love the fact it's not available with auto transmission.

Nice to see they're going with the mandatory premium anti-theft device.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Dante said:

Never thought of that but it's so true. Not a soul born after 1990 knows how to drive one! ?

My son was born in 1998.  He drives a manual.  My Daughter, 2002...learning on one now.

But true... I think it's like 7% of driving population knows how to drive manual.

My wife drove manual for 15 years.  She will drive it, but I gotta be 3 states away. ?

Son taught his GF while they are away at college...  He said: "She can drive it if she has to." LoL... He's taking after his Old Man (without the crazy streak).  I sense GF don't want him anywhere close either while she is shifting... LMAO...

Anyway... A few cool features on new manuals now, almost feels like cheating.  Even know it's old tech (VW & Subaru developed I think in 70-80s?), there is "hill assist." Hill assist gives you about 2 seconds to move from brake to accelerator and get going before rolling down incline.  The vehicle just sticks there for 2 seconds.  There is also "rev matching" which is super cool.  Don't have to double clutch (if you want to call it that), does it all for you. Throw clutch in on downshift, it will match the rpm's needed... No bumping the accelerator through neutral. Instant grand prix driver feel!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My son was born in 1998.  He drives a manual.  My Daughter, 2002...learning on one now.

But true... I think it's like 7% of driving population knows how to drive manual.

My wife drove manual for 15 years.  She will drive it, but I gotta be 3 states away. ?

Son taught his GF while they are away at college...  He said: "She can drive it if she has to." LoL... He's taking after his Old Man (without the crazy streak).  I sense GF don't want him anywhere close either while she is shifting... LMAO...

Anyway... A few cool features on new manuals now, almost feels like cheating.  Even know it's old tech (VW & Subaru developed I think in 70-80s?), there is "hill assist." Hill assist gives you about 2 seconds to move from brake to accelerator and get going before rolling down incline.  The vehicle just sticks there for 2 seconds.  There is also "rev matching" which is super cool.  Don't have to double clutch (if you want to call it that), does it all for you. Throw clutch in on downshift, it will match the rpm's needed... No bumping the accelerator through neutral. Instant grand prix driver feel!

I figured "Not a soul" was a bit of an exaggeration. I think a manual would always be the funnest way to drive a  sports car. I don't have one now but I had a Camaro way back in the day that was a manual and I liked it. But back then Camaro's were POS. Now the cars are built much better and with the new features, you mentioned it would be a blast to play around with that Bullit Mustang.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

I figured "Not a soul" was a bit of an exaggeration. I think a manual would always be the funnest way to drive a  sports car. I don't have one now but I had a Camaro way back in the day that was a manual and I liked it. But back then Camaro's were POS. Now the cars are built much better and with the new features, you mentioned it would be a blast to play around with that Bullit Mustang.

You got me thinking so much, I put the poll together on OTW.

That Mustang would be cool!

Yet... Today... Automatics probably quicker, more performance.  Computers faster than humans.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You got me thinking so much, I put the poll together on OTW.

That Mustang would be cool!

Yet... Today... Automatics probably quicker, more performance.  Computers faster than humans.

No doubt this is probably true.