Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/11/ocasiocortez_whining_about_not_having_a_salary_for_three_months_to_pay_rent_on_a_dc_apartment.html

Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said the transition period will be “very unusual, because I can’t really take a salary. I have three months without a salary before I’m a member of Congress. So, how do I get an apartment? Those little things are very real.” She said she saved money before leaving her job at the restaurant, and planned accordingly with her partner. “We’re kind of just dealing with the logistics of it day by day, but I’ve really been just kind of squirreling away and then hoping that gets me to January.”

Gofundme page will be setup soon no doubt...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, westside said:

Did she win her election?

Her opponent (who was an independent, not official GOP) spent 2,000 dollars total in his campaign and she only won by 4,000 votes (out of 27,000+ cast).

The GOP will pour millions into that district next term and she'll be out.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There is no doubt that her short term rent cause will be funded by somebody and I don't really see anything wrong with that.  She'll be very well herded and protected by her Dem colleagues and will be up to leftist (the party of free stuff) political speed in no time.  Probably the most trainable of all the new members and heck she can serve at cocktail parties. 

9 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

There is no doubt that her short term rent cause will be funded by somebody and I don't really see anything wrong with that.  She'll be very well herded and protected by her Dem colleagues and will be up to leftist (the party of free stuff) political speed in no time.  Probably the most trainable of all the new members and heck she can serve at cocktail parties. 

Dude you should be President.  Fantastic display of knowledge in this post.

My hot take:  There will be a big to-do about her being elected, lots of press and fanfare, but in two years she'll be ousted by her own party.   She's not going to do much in the House.  The old guard wants its last shot at the limelight.  No room for Ms. Thang.  

Two years from now, she'll get smoked in the primary by the other faction in the Democratic Party.  Their hubris had them flatfooted this time around.  They won't make that mistake twice. 

The primary role of these reps is to spread the money around back home and with her poltiical leanings, it won't be going to all the groups that are used to receiving said money.