TxTech-78 UB-58. Congrats on a great season. (Ranked, 32-4 record)

PromoTheRobot

On 2/12/2019 at 9:56 PM, Misterbluesky said:

Friday night is large..we owned them a month ago at home but it's so tough to beat a good team twice in a season.Toledo is no joke.

Safe to say it's a must win in order to stay ranked...

1 hour ago, eball said:

Really happy they won, but they cost me $$!  I had Toledo +3.5 and that bet looked great for most of the game.

I could see why you took that bet. I read some betting tips saying it was the move to make. 

But Buffalo is a tough out. Last two years of conference play, 5 losses came from a combined 14 points. They are like a predator that doesn't stop coming for you. You might land a blow early but once they catch you, you're done.

6 games left before the MAC tournament, 4 are at home. All three Friday games will be on national TV. #UBHornsUp

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A big F-U from the voters, even after a tough road win at Toledo.

What's the F-U?  You think they should have moved up?  That's silliness.  They beat a team on the road -- rather unimpressively -- they beat by 30 at home earlier in the year.

Just now, eball said:

What's the F-U?  You think they should have moved up?  That's silliness.  They beat a team on the road -- rather unimpressively -- they beat by 30 at home earlier in the year.

It was a quadrant 1 win on the road. That should count for something. I guess Duke coming back on Louisville was unimpressive too?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It was a quadrant 1 win on the road. That should count for something. I guess Duke coming back on Louisville was unimpressive too?

That quadrant stuff is for the selection committee, not AP voters.  UB will do just fine with their tournament seeding.

Edit:  and no, Dook's win was very impressive.  Louisville is a top 15 team -- not a "tough" MAC team.

Edited by eball

4 hours ago, eball said:

That quadrant stuff is for the selection committee, not AP voters.  UB will do just fine with their tournament seeding.

Edit:  and no, Dook's win was very impressive.  Louisville is a top 15 team -- not a "tough" MAC team.

And there's the double standard between power and mid-major conferences. Duke (#1 KenPom) coming back on (#14) Louisville is a sign of strength,  but (#24) Buffalo overcoming a 13-point deficit to beat (#55) Toledo (20-5) on the road is a weak win? Being #55 still puts you in the top 15% of all D1 college basketball teams.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And there's the double standard between power and mid-major conferences. Duke (#1 KenPom) coming back on (#14) Louisville is a sign of strength,  but (#24) Buffalo overcoming a 13-point deficit to beat (#55) Toledo (20-5) on the road is a weak win? Being #55 still puts you in the top 15% of all D1 college basketball teams.

Promo, if you're equating Dook's comeback from 20+ down in the 2nd half at Louisville to what UB did at Toledo, I just don't know what to tell you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Promo, if you're equating Dook's comeback from 20+ down in the 2nd half at Louisville to what UB did at Toledo, I just don't know what to tell you.

You got to forgive Promo he gets a bit excited & disoriented when his beloved UB Bulls do good, got to love his passion.  But your spot on Louisville is a very good team & very tough at home.  UB right now I believe is safely in the tournament & looking at a #6 or #7 seed.  They could probably jump up to as high as a #5 seed if they run the table & win their tournament.  Either way, I think if they get the right draw they could see the second weekend of the tournament.