TxTech-78 UB-58. Congrats on a great season. (Ranked, 32-4 record)

PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I listened to the game on the radio..the crowd was nearly silent.

I watched on ESPN+. It's was actually near capacity, but no students because school is still out. I guess older fans are too laid back.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

TT is all about Buffalo, great ambassador for the city.  Although he only goes to a handful of games, I'm pretty sure he has season tickets for the Sabres as well.

As for UB....WOW!  That was a statement to the MAC, get ready.  If this team is clicking, they can beat anyone.  Harris is a big key, he has struggled to start the season, nice to see him come up big. 

Edited by ricojes

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

TT is all about Buffalo, great ambassador for the city.  Although he only goes to a handful of games, I'm pretty sure he has season tickets for the Sabres as well.

As for UB....WOW!  That was a statement to the MAC, get ready.  If this team is clicking, they can beat anyone.  Harris is a big key, he has struggled to start the season, nice to see him come up big. 

Yeah, Toledo was supposed to be THE team that was going to challenge UB in the MAC. Maybe not so much. Still, 20 more games to go, including the conference tournament. Plenty of chances to have an off night or slip up. And don't forget the wild card of MAC officiating.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

That was certainly a "statement" win by UB last night.

I'm not being glib -- will they lose again before the NCAA tourney?  I don't see anyone in the MAC truly challenging them.

Should they?   No.  They are by far the best team in the conference.  Will they?   I think they will.   When they struggle, they really struggle.  They will get some ugly wins, but I think they'll have at least have one bad loss.  Plus everyone will be gunning for them.  I just hope it doesn't come the tournament, I have no faith in the NCAA handing out an at large bid to a MAC team.

Edited by ricojes

3 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Should they?   No.  They are by far the best team in the conference.  Will they?   I think they will.   When they struggle, they really struggle.  They will get some ugly wins, but I think they'll have at least have one bad loss.  Plus everyone will be gunning for them.  I just hope it doesn't come the tournament, I have no faith in the NCAA handing out an at large bid to a MAC team.

I'd agree if they were unranked or had a crappy RPI.  This UB team already has several quality wins and if they only lose one in conference play they'll still be ranked.

I have no doubt they'll be a 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA tourney.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I'd agree if they were unranked or had a crappy RPI.  This UB team already has several quality wins and if they only lose one in conference play they'll still be ranked.

I have no doubt they'll be a 5 or 6 seed in the NCAA tourney.

It's been 20 years, if there is a team that can break the drought, it should be this one.  But let's just hope they win the tourney...;)

Dating to 2000, the MAC has had 10 teams finish with an RPI ranking in the top 60 and not receive an at-large bid. Five of those teams were rated no worse than 46 — Kent State was 36th in 2000, Miami was 40th in 2005, Buffalo was 46th in 2005, Toledo was 36th in 2014, and Akron was 34th in 2016.