Who has the best stadium in the NFL?

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

US Bank in Minnesota. Went there this year and it is awesome. Seattle has a great stadium experience and a really nice open-air environment. The Atlanta one looks fantastic, but I haven't been to speak to it.

....would NEVER happen in WNY at that number.....

The total cost of the Falcons' Mercedes-Benz Stadium was estimated at $1.6 billion, as of June 2016.[16] The stadium officially opened on August 26, 2017 with a Falcons preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals, despite the retractable roof system being incomplete at the time

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....would NEVER happen in WNY at that number.....

The total cost of the Falcons' Mercedes-Benz Stadium was estimated at $1.6 billion, as of June 2016.[16] The stadium officially opened on August 26, 2017 with a Falcons preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals, despite the retractable roof system being incomplete at the time

I would love to see Buffalo continue as Open-Air. Seattle is a great template. The acoustics are so good and really increase the effect of the "12th Man"

• Like (+1) 1

Don't emulate anything current. Come up with something new.

The design theme should be water and steel, representing the economic history of the city.

Something fluid and clean, but simple, like this...

2014_incheon_asian_games_stadium_07.jpg

It would need to be bigger and probably have a retractable roof. Maybe also a retractable field, like the Cardinals' stadium.

• Like (+1) 3

we are not getting a new stadium\

especially since no team has ever went forward with a new stadium while they were the worst team in the league, have they?

Buffalo is not a dome team so quit it with that

revisit the discussion in 20 years

9 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m biased because I live out here but Century Link is the best one I’ve been to.

I’ve been to 7 and it’s the nicest and has the best atmosphere.

Not being sarcastic here, Jay, but what do you like about that stadium?

yours is not the first opinion I’ve heard that really likes the place.  A buddy of mine out there likes it too, for example, but I never hear why.

my bad because I don’t follow-up and ask, but still.  What does it have and what do you like?

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Not being sarcastic here, Jay, but what do you like about that stadium?

yours is not the first opinion I’ve heard that really likes the place.  A buddy of mine out there likes it too, for example, but I never hear why.

my bad because I don’t follow-up and ask, but still.  What does it have and what do you like?

Fair question.

It’s just really unique. The open concept with the scoop overhangs. Each endzone (seating) is completely different. The field level suites. The view of the city. The view of Safeco. The birds nest in the North endzone is awesome. The acoustics are phenomenal. And I’m obviously not a fan of the team. 

It’s in a great area surrounded by shops, bars and homeless people.

There’s a convention Center  attached to it. 

Like I said, I’ve been to a few and nothing compares. In my opinion of course.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Fair question.

It’s just really unique. The open concept with the scoop overhangs. Each endzone (seating) is completely different. The field level suites. The view of the city. The view of Safeco. The birds nest in the North endzone is awesome. The acoustics are phenomenal. And I’m obviously not a fan of the team. 

It’s in a great area surrounded by shops, bars and homeless people.

There’s a convention Center  attached to it. 

Like I said, I’ve been to a few and nothing compares. In my opinion of course.

I do love the look of it, as well.

I think it is one of those rare open air stadiums that is interesting to look at as a structure, in comparison (or contrast) with recent covered stadiums that have interesting features.

i dig the esoteric nature of your answer, too, Jay.  My friend spoke of the “you just got to be there” without saying too much about it.  You painted a cool picture without the “every seat has a screen and the worlds largest cup holders” crap.

I had to ask and thanks for the response.

I don't know, but I will say this:

Going to Houston's stadium blew my mind. I was at club level, and it was a fantastic experience through & through. Prices were cheap, everything was clean, the bathrooms all had stalls (lol) , the atmosphere was great, etc. 

Overall, just a much better experience than I ever imagined (and I've been to the Jerry World a ton of times). And holy s*** it got loud. At one point I leaned over to my wife & yelled "imagine how loud it'd be if the Bills had a dome like this!" to which she said "WHAT!?" Lol then I practically lost my voice trying to repeat it an inch from her ear.

I never knew Houston fans as that passionate, especially since it wasn't entirely sold out. Yet the crowd roar on 3rd downs was louder than any Bills home game I've been to, and you could tell it wasn't artificial or anything. The fans got seriously into it. But if we had a stadium like that, it'd be even better. It'd be impossible for opposing offenses to hear anything, and would probably result in quite a few false starts/delay of games each Sunday.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..Lucas Oil Field......Indy............

My favorite too- the barn style is such a cool looking “dome”. I would like it even more if it was a retractable roof.

Truthfully, the thought of losing New Era would stink. The sightlines aided by having a lower bowl is amazing. The atmosphere in OP on game day is second to none. I do understand at some point the need for a new build will be there. If a new stadium was to go downtown, the Indy style stadium would blend in well. 

9 hours ago, DrDare said:

we are not getting a new stadium\

especially since no team has ever went forward with a new stadium while they were the worst team in the league, have they?

Buffalo is not a dome team so quit it with that

revisit the discussion in 20 years

Why would an NFL not pursue a dome if they are losing? 

I think many fans dont want a dome- the reasons have been discussed in this forum immensely for and against. 

In the end, the Pegulas, NFL, and government are going to do what they want. Off the top of my head, I think New Era is right around 400 mil over the past 15 years or so with remodeling/upgrades/renovation. I dont know if sinking another large sum of money into our stadium makes sense seeing it is 46 years old already. Hypothetically, 800 mil in renovations over a 20-25 year span would just about get you a state of the art dome. Lucas field was 720 mil.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

My favorite too- the barn style is such a cool looking “dome”. I would like it even more if it was a retractable roof.

Truthfully, the thought of losing New Era would stink. The sightlines aided by having a lower bowl is amazing. The atmosphere in OP on game day is second to none. I do understand at some point the need for a new build will be there. If a new stadium was to go downtown, the Indy style stadium would blend in well. 

....Lucas Oil Stadium does have a retractable roof.............

" The stadium features a retractable roof and window wall, thus allowing the Colts and the Eleven to play both indoors and outdoors. The field surface was originally FieldTurf but was replaced in 2018 with Shaw Sports Momentum Pro.[13] The exterior of the new stadium is faced with a reddish-brown brick trimmed with Indiana Limestone, similar to several other sports venues in the area such as Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, and the Fairgrounds Coliseum."

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Lucas Oil Stadium does have a retractable roof.............

" The stadium features a retractable roof and window wall, thus allowing the Colts and the Eleven to play both indoors and outdoors. The field surface was originally FieldTurf but was replaced in 2018 with Shaw Sports Momentum Pro.[13] The exterior of the new stadium is faced with a reddish-brown brick trimmed with Indiana Limestone, similar to several other sports venues in the area such as Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, and the Fairgrounds Coliseum."

How did I not know this? Lol

22 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

4-8, you are correct, does not matter.

7-6, with a winnbale game, yes i think it matters.

Last year that was the Miami game..and I truly could not find anyone to take the tickets, let alone sell them. Several friends said gonna watch on the TV that prolly would have went otherwise.Maybe someone would have actually bought them @the $10 I had them listed for.

Again , my point is more for the season ticket holder..

The season ticket holder is not at the top of the food chain by any means. TV money has ruined the game, but yeah supply and demand is still a market driver. 

As far as a new stadium Pegs can afford it. 

Edited by iinii

18 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't emulate anything current. Come up with something new.

The design theme should be water and steel, representing the economic history of the city.

Something fluid and clean, but simple, like this...

2014_incheon_asian_games_stadium_07.jpg

It would need to be bigger and probably have a retractable roof. Maybe also a retractable field, like the Cardinals' stadium.

This looks very cool.

Bills' Stadium Options

1) Build a new stadium (downtown or at current location) - I would only do this if the stadium actually will be a substantial upgrade over the current stadium. I should also mention that I have no problem with a dome or retractable roof. 

2) Upgrade current stadium - This may be the best option given the financial restrictions if done properly.  Why bother building a new stadium if it is not a substantial upgrade over the current one.  I have been to what is now known as Hard Rock Stadium several times (I also am a Miami Hurricane season ticket holder).  Stephen Ross did an amazing job with the upgrades to the stadium. Those could serve as an inspiration for what could be done with our current stadium.  

Edited by Peter

On 11/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, RobH063 said:

Anyone ever stop to wonder why the Bills are the only team in NY State and playing in an outdated stadium? 

They are only NFL team who actually plays in NY State and you would know that if you were not trolling.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, RobH063 said:

No. We all want a new stadium. 

Are you using a "We" for multiple personalities?  You do not get to determine what "We" want.