Who has the best stadium in the NFL?

Whatever we get, we need to make sure that we don't end up with terrible splotchy turf like is somehow already evident in Dallas. St. Louis was terrible. Detroit is bad. What causes those awful discolorations? Makes the turf just look so fake compared to, for example, the turf in Buffalo.

13 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Whatever we get, we need to make sure that we don't end up with terrible splotchy turf like is somehow already evident in Dallas. St. Louis was terrible. Detroit is bad. What causes those awful discolorations? Makes the turf just look so fake compared to, for example, the turf in Buffalo.

it's hard to maintain perfect lawns, concerts and other events and weather and many other variables stop this heaven on earth

Ford Field in Detroit would fit well in Buffalo. Holds 65,000 for football and is a bit fancier than Lucas Oil in Indy. It is built with one side of the field attached to an old warehouse, which they have turned into suites for the rich folks. Really cool. Sight lines are great, fans are right on top of the field. Also, the Tigers ballpark is literally right across the street. It is a blast downtown on Sundays when both the Lions and Tigers are both playing. Adding a retractable roof would be great also, but not sure where the $$$ would come from to pay for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yav...I’m referring only to the stadium itself. Not the fans or game day atmosphere. Too bad about your KC experience. We had the same in Oakland and would NEVER go back. I’m interested to see what it’ll be like in Vegas.

I know, I went off topic. 

I didn't like Arrowhead at all, it's just not that great of a place to see a game. 

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

absolutely no desire for a climate controlled stadium of any sort.

personally, I thought lucas oil sucked the gameday experience right out of gameday. it just didn't feel right at all. I'll stay outside.

Agreed on Lucas Oil. Absolutely no atmosphere. Felt like a hockey game. I liked Detroit’s stadium as far as domes go. NOLA was fun also. 

I don’t know if it’s the stadium, or the (dare I say) downtown location, but each time I’ve been to Denver I think of how I’d love to see a game there. I’m really not sure why that is. Maybe because I had a Jets fan who took his kids there for a game and loved it, but it just appeals to me. 

5 hours ago, wagon127 said:

There's a fictional stadium on madden, where the dome is completely glass. Its like a glass bowl overtop the stadium. I want the bills to build that. If the Chicago game is an indication of anything, that if the weather is nice, the stadium will be full, even for a 2-6 teams.

Image result for madden stadiums

Sounds like what they did with the Reichstag dome only on a much bigger scale.

That would be really cool.

014-The-Reichstag-Dome-%E2%80%93-A-Sculp

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The best stadium is probably the newest.  Maybe with some exceptions.

At one time not long ago, Dallas was considered the gold standard, a palace of football.

I think that may have already been eclipsed by some others.

i knew Toronto's dome was a disaster from the first second i saw it

but it is essential because at least a third of Jays games would be disrupted by inclement weather, maybe half

we are spoiled by not considering weather effects for one second for baseball season, but it would be nice to have grass (which isn't going to happen)

I've been to Jerry world a few times not impressed it's more of a fashion show than a football venue the players walking through the bar area while the people sit there drinking it's like parading Jerry's gladiators in front of the city it screams Jerry's ego all over the stadium ! 

I live outside of Nashville & have been told it's a nice stadium & looks great from the out side . I being a long time Bills fan wouldn't want a Jerry world type venue because they say Imitation is a form of flattery I don't want the Bills to be anything even close to Jerry's idea's of what is good for his team ! 

They say the Cowboys are America's team yep they are, spoiled, entitled, & wanting instant gratification on all sides I can't stand the cowboys or anything to do with them maybe it was because of the SB loses back in the day but i just don't like them !! 

I would like to see the Bills stay where they are just to piss Jerry off every time they have a owners meeting !! GO BILLS !! 

4 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Those who don't want a new stadium: If you want Goodell and other owners to stay mad at Buffalo and do things to hurt the franchise on the field, stay in New Era.

We must give into the billionaires greed to have a chance in today's NFL. Build a new stadium and fast.

What have these evil owners and commish done to Green Bay that has supposedly "hurt the franchise on the field?"    They spent 20% of the cost of a new stadium and upgraded Lambeau nicely.  It still feels authentic and like a real football game is being played there, not some futuristic video game like Dallas and Atlanta.  

I'm not berating you, but when Goodell says Buffalo needs a new stadium to "Compete" I laugh my ass off.    He means to get more shared revenue boxes and suites sold.  It has zero to do with competition.  We aren't in that kind of market, we're outdoor football, throwback type fans with limited funds.    One year I decided to buy part of a suite for my company, and we were all sitting there behind the glass watching 90% of the game on a TV screen feeling like this was the biggest waste of money of my life, because it was.   

If Roger wants to make more money for the owners he should take some of his $33 million dollar salary and give a million back to each team every year.  

3 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

What have these evil owners and commish done to Green Bay that has supposedly "hurt the franchise on the field?"    They spent 20% of the cost of a new stadium and upgraded Lambeau nicely.  It still feels authentic and like a real football game is being played there, not some futuristic video game like Dallas and Atlanta.  

I'm not berating you, but when Goodell says Buffalo needs a new stadium to "Compete" I laugh my ass off.    He means to get more shared revenue boxes and suites sold.  It has zero to do with competition.  We aren't in that kind of market, we're outdoor football, throwback type fans with limited funds.    One year I decided to buy part of a suite for my company, and we were all sitting there behind the glass watching 90% of the game on a TV screen feeling like this was the biggest waste of money of my life, because it was.   

If Roger wants to make more money for the owners he should take some of his $33 million dollar salary and give a million back to each team every year.  

It's a shame we don't have a classic old stadium with real history and ambience, b/c that would make it all the more easy to try and keep it forever.

You're right, we are that certain kind of market and we are never, ever going to compete with the heavyweights of the league with this huge indoor palaces and luxury suites, etc.

Rather that try to compete in a competition we will lose, I would propose going the baseball route, and getting some clever architects to build a true vintage-feeling and classy open aired stadium in downtown Buffalo.  Or at least with a retractable roof that doesn't ruin the open-air iteration of the stadium.

Let the league come to Buffalo and realize you can do it another way...the old school genuine way...where it feels like you are actually at a football game and not inside a shopping mall.

In no time, a little world all around the stadium of bars, restaurants, activity would spring up around the stadium, the way it is in Chicago around Wrigley.  That ballpark sits in a little world of Cubs baseball and it is, by far, the best ambience in MLB, including my beloved Fenway.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

New Orleans has been changing carpets for many years,they seem to be getting uglier and more plastic looking.

When I see the thousands and thousands of empty seats in December (Even when we are fighting for a playoff spot like last year) I'm 100% sure that we need a dome. Best would be a roof that can open when the weather is nice. I saw 19 NFL stadiums. My favorites are Arizona, Houston and Dallas.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

With all the events that US Bank stadium has already hosted I would bet that they have made at least 50+ million back already. We need a Dome.

...prefer retractable or fixed dome?...Vikes is fixed (I didn't know that)...

It is the first fixed-roof stadium built in the NFL since Ford Field in Detroit, which opened in 2002. As of March 2015, the overall budget was estimated to be $1.061 billion, with $348 million from the state of Minnesota, $150 million from the city of Minneapolis, and $551 million from the team and private contributions

• Like (+1) 1