Who has the best stadium in the NFL?

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

well, the Colts game last year had 35K there..and the snow was now where near projected to be as bad as it was. I was not at the Miami game, so dont remember if that was full or not.

I think lifting the blackout rule can hurt a team like the Bills..i thought it was a good rule.

Well as for the Colts game, that was a weather event like no other for a home game here.  Plus we live in a hyper-alert age with constant alerts and warning and weather projections etc., and regardless if the storm hits or not people will be scared away.

People were right to stay away, the conditions were brutal for driving in the immediate area of the stadium postgame. Clear as day as soon as we hit Rt 5.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Well as for the Colts game, that was a weather event like no other for a home game here.  Plus we live in a hyper-alert age with constant alerts and warning and weather projections etc., and regardless if the storm hits or not people will be scared away.

People were right to stay away, the conditions were brutal for driving in the immediate area of the stadium postgame. Clear as day as soon as we hit Rt 5.

but none of us had any clue THAT was going to happen. My son flew home after the game...folks in Richmond were shocked he was in school next day...airport less than inch!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

but none of us had any clue THAT was going to happen. My son flew home after the game...folks in Richmond were shocked he was in school next day...airport less than inch!!!!

I misread your previous post, thought you were saying it wasn’t that bad. It was crazy and a ton of fun.  I only snapped a few pics bc my screen was soaked with snow every time I tried to take my phone out. My pics from 12:30 inside the stadium are crazy, you can’t even see the upper deck.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve maybe been to about 1/3rd of them. The new Atlanta stadium is far and away the nicest that I’ve been to. I haven’t been to Jerry World yet though (next season). 

In in terms of the model for the Bills Lucas Oil seems to be the most practical. 

...think it was $700 mil which translates into approximately $820 mil today....slightly less than Dunkirk Don's......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

If this team is ever in serious contention in december again that barn will be full, roof or not.

I will add that I do think regularly cramming three home games here in December is a bit of an attempt at sway by the league to prod ownership towards a new building. 

I don't...during the Superbowl '90s teams....there were plenty of home games in December...back when home field advantage meant something

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't...during the Superbowl '90s teams....there were plenty of home games in December...back when home field advantage meant something

The ownership scenario and the league overall is quite different than it was roughly 30 years ago.

39 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

Those who don't want a new stadium: If you want Goodell and other owners to stay mad at Buffalo and do things to hurt the franchise on the field, stay in New Era.

We must give into the billionaires greed to have a chance in today's NFL. Build a new stadium and fast.

Hey! Stay on topic or the OP will get upset at you.

Since the retractable roof technology has been relatively perfected, I think the Bills should go that route.  No need to build a permanent roof.   I do believe a stadium in Buffalo should have no more than 60K seats.  Keep it somewhat smaller and intimate inside.  Can use a facility like that for years to come and be able to attract multiple year-round events. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The OP believes posts like these are nonsense. Please stay on topic or he will attack

18 minutes ago, nucci said:
18 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The ownership scenario and the league overall is quite different than it was roughly 30 years ago.

Yeah, there is that

The OP wishes you would stay on topic

2 hours ago, Augie said:

They have the retractable roof working again, which makes it even better. While it’s great for football and soccer, I’m fascinated by the Vikings stadium, but I have not been there (yet). 

What passes as a retractable roof these days is crap. That hole in Atlanta stadium is about the size of a manhole giant sized sphincter muscle look to it to top it all off.

FWIW: Miller Park never makes you feel like you are outside when the fan shaped roof is open. The side walls are so high you feel like you are in a prison exercise yard.

KC had the right idea with a few mocks where a large half moon roof on rails would have moved from on top of Kauffman Stadium to then rail over to be on top of Arrowhead as needed. That would have preserved the being outside feel as intended.  KC tax payers turned it down a couple times.

https://www.thepitchkc.com/news/article/20568115/a-look-back-at-the-original-truman-sports-complex-plans-roof-and-all

1st pic was original to roll on rails between the two stadiums.

2nd pic was referendum that voters rejected in 2008 that would have brought the 2015 Super Bolw to KC. They approved the refurbishment of Arrowhead jut rejected the dome which would have been stationary over Arrowhead only.

KC schematic.design.jpg

arrowhead dome 2008 75.jpg

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

For an old curmudgeon like me, I loved Lambeau. I mean criminy were two rows from the top and sight lines were like the clubs. The concourses were awesome and wide and plenty of space.

Being a realist, I also understand a roof of some kind is prolly a have to have, not a nice to have.

So if we could build a Lambeau type field, a big bowl with bench seating, nicer clubs for the swells to sit in up top..and stick a retractable see-through roof on that sucker I am all in.

If Lambeau was our goal, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case, I'd rather a full renovation of our current stadium, like they did. It could be done like Wrigley was, where they worked on certain sections during the off season over certain points of the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

It wasn't always that way. Buffalo players used to ride snowmobiles, hunt, and sleep on their porches in T shirts. Raiders 51-3 baby. Today they are kitties.

The Bills team that beat the Raiders 51-3 used to go skiing until the early hours of the morning, hunt jailbait, and pass out in bars. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2